DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 584
3 members and 581 guests
2blueyam, Slider, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Obama to reverse Bush's policy on stem cell
Unread
  (#1)
Riz
Hallmark card?!?

Obama to reverse Bush's policy on stem cell - February 19, 2009, 11:26 PM

Old, but didnt see it on here...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ing-stem-cell/
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
ATTN INVESTORS!

February 19, 2009, 11:39 PM

Not related to this but:

Anyone notice the word "nationalized" thrown around alot lately? Regarding our financial system. Lots of folks starting to throw this out there, seemingly to test the response and maybe get it kicked around more. Of course their saying "temporary", but personal income tax was originally supposed to last only for 2 years.

Obama just went to Sweden to look at their models (no, not the eye candy variety) and also Canada to discuss the economic crisis. Anyone heard of the "Amero"? Think Euro. Remember when European countries all had their own currency?

Hard to believe this is all coincidence.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rekoniz  
Unread
  (#3)
Riz
Hallmark card?!?

February 20, 2009, 12:19 AM

hahaha conspiracy theorist... yes ive heard of the amero, wont happen tho...
Unread
  (#4)
Meh

February 20, 2009, 10:30 AM

Good. More government funding for stuff that is morally objectionable to a significant portion of the populous.

I guess the private sector could not provide their own funding for a science that has yet to be proven (embryonic stem cells).

I love how people always leave that out when talking about this funding vs. non-funding argument. Bush vetoed EMBRYONIC stem cell research...you know, those little fertilized embryos that some people tend to think of as living creatures. Not only are there several other sources for stem cells, they have also proven to be more effective and less prone to genetic mutation than the embryonic versions.
Unread
  (#5)
What's today? aah fuck it

February 20, 2009, 10:57 AM

where's that clip from Family Guy where he's all retarded, goes into the clinic and comes back out in 5 minutes all normal...i keep thinking of that
Unread
  (#6)
ATTN INVESTORS!

February 20, 2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riz View Post
hahaha conspiracy theorist... yes ive heard of the amero, wont happen tho...
Conspiracy theorist? Who, me?

Funny how people that sought answers when there was only minimal information availabe were labeled "conspiracy theorists". Now the same people are taking information from all mainstream and legitimate news sources globally and finding hidden truths but now they are labeled "news junkies".

I can stock pile food, water, ammo, whatever in case everything collapses but I'm labeled an "extremist" or "survivalist". Yet when my government plans for the worst case scenario, its called "government continuity".

How fucking convenient.

Unread
  (#7)
No! You!

February 20, 2009, 12:26 PM

^

Also unrelated, but I thought I would throw this out. Obama is sending approx 17,000 troops to Afghanistan, but no one has thrown a fit (or at least I haven't seen it). I thought he was going to bring back troops from both Afghanistan and Iraq? What happen?

Miami Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexxx
I slapped him in the forehead for being vulgar (I'm a lady, dammit).
Unread
  (#8)
ATTN INVESTORS!

February 20, 2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
Good. More government funding for stuff that is morally objectionable to a significant portion of the populous.

I guess the private sector could not provide their own funding for a science that has yet to be proven (embryonic stem cells).

I love how people always leave that out when talking about this funding vs. non-funding argument. Bush vetoed EMBRYONIC stem cell research...you know, those little fertilized embryos that some people tend to think of as living creatures. Not only are there several other sources for stem cells, they have also proven to be more effective and less prone to genetic mutation than the embryonic versions.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I admit that I have little knowledge of stem cell research, how it's done, all the possible uses, possible reprecussions, etc. I only know what I've "heard", but haven't really looked into it myself.

I understand what you are saying and I feel like I agree with you, that it is wrong. But I'm not sure if thats because conscious is telling me that or my brain is due to personal habits and prejudices.

Can I ask you a couple of questions? Would you be opposed to the idea if it didn't involve human life and instead was an animal, insect or plant? Afterall, isn't even a single cell organizism is a living creature?

Unread
  (#9)
ATTN INVESTORS!

February 20, 2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami View Post
^

Also unrelated, but I thought I would throw this out. Obama is sending approx 17,000 troops to Afghanistan, but no one has thrown a fit (or at least I haven't seen it). I thought he was going to bring back troops from both Afghanistan and Iraq? What happen?
I read something that someone wrote the other day about this. I haven't gotten around to reading everything yet but the comment was: "Afghanistan is where empires go to die." Worked for the Soviets.

Unread
  (#10)
Que se jodan!!

February 20, 2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
^

Yeah, what happened to all the loud liberals on here that voted for Obama so he'd bring the troops back home???? You're all awfully quiet on this topic.....

Whisper
"Speak quietly and carry a big stick."
2014 BMW S1000RR
2006 GSXR 1000 - Street (Sold)
2005 GSXR 1000 - Track (Sold - I hate you, Paul)
2010 YZ250F -Motocross in Mexico (I still hate Yamahas)

Men are qualified for civil liberties in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their appetites: in proportion as their love of justice is above their rapacity...Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters. ~Edmund Burke, Political Theorist and Philosopher

Some of us are lions, but even lions can be crushed under the elephant of bad management.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Whisper  
Unread
  (#11)
I came I saw I shat mysef

February 20, 2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
^

No, he has pretty much always stated that Afghanistan needs more help. We went in to Af. for a GOOD reason.. Then we abandoned it for a pointless boondoggle to Iraq.. Now, thru neglect, Af is falling apart and back we go.

-john
wera, ccs - novice # 979 - sv650
Aprilia Falco (sold), Gs500 (sold), KTM300 (sold)

"I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one of them."

Separation of Corp. And State!

R.I.P Alex Lyskawa - My heart will never heal from your passing.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to jron  
Unread
  (#12)
Que se jodan!!

February 20, 2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jron View Post
No, he has pretty much always stated that Afghanistan needs more help. We went in to Af. for a GOOD reason.. Then we abandoned it for a pointless boondoggle to Iraq.. Now, thru neglect, Af is falling apart and back we go.

How odd that I have NEVER heard anything of the sort from Obama - that is until AFTER he became president.

Whisper
2014 BMW S1000RR

Men are qualified for civil liberties in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their appetites: in proportion as their love of justice is above their rapacity...Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters. ~Edmund Burke, Political Theorist and Philosopher

Some of us are lions, but even lions can be crushed under the elephant of bad management.
Unread
  (#13)
I came I saw I shat mysef

February 20, 2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
How odd that I have NEVER heard anything of the sort from Obama - that is until AFTER he became president.
Try actually *listening* to the news once in a while.. He was talking about that long before he got into office.

-john
wera, ccs - novice # 979 - sv650
Aprilia Falco (sold), Gs500 (sold), KTM300 (sold)

"I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one of them."

Separation of Corp. And State!

R.I.P Alex Lyskawa - My heart will never heal from your passing.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to jron  
Unread
  (#14)
Nubbs ban yourself!

February 20, 2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
It was in almost every debate he had when it came to IRAQ. We who voted for him always knew he wanted more in Af!

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train
religion is just a misspelling of superstition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Once again I forgive you for your self-righteousness, bigotry and prejudice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'll also thank them for proving that you don't need the force to get a woman to make you a sammich.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYpOF...embedded#at=36
http://www.bachbio.com/gunsavelives.htm
Unread
  (#15)
Que se jodan!!

February 20, 2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jron View Post
Try actually *listening* to the news once in a while.. He was talking about that long before he got into office.
I've always noticed you're replies have a nasty little edge to them....don't expect any more interaction from me with you.

Whisper
2014 BMW S1000RR