DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 594
4 members and 590 guests
CCS762ZX6, HenryW, Sal_the_man, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
The Officer Tased Him 31 Times; the Sheriff Called His Death an Accident
Unread
  (#1)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Unhappy The Officer Tased Him 31 Times; the Sheriff Called His Death an Accident - December 13, 2017, 08:42 PM

https://ww2.kqed.org/news/2017/12/11...h-an-accident/

did not know you could die from a taser.
i wonder why he was running from the police. Also wonder if he was on a cruiser or sport bike.

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#2)
no one's blowing up moons

December 14, 2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Yup, that's why users are supposed to pass a thorough training and be certified. Nothing wrong with requiring that for a potentially lethal weapon.

There are departments that can find the money to buy used/surplus armored vehicles from the military (remember civil asset forfeiture?) but then they say can't afford training for officers.

Physics always wins

. . . . so get that helmet cam! . . . . . . Because the D-K Effect is an STD .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
This is what happens when weak minded adults allow children to make decisions. You get stupid shit like this.
unintentional accidental

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I am socially disabled so some things do need to be explained to me.

2013 Suzuki TU250XL3
2010 Triumph Bonneville - I love that fucking bike . . . . Om nom nom nom . . .-Fitz
2009 Suzuki TU250XK9 - KBC Sep 2013
2001 Honda Rebel CMX - KBC Mar 2010

http://flexyourrights.org/
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

December 14, 2017, 09:03 AM

Could have been a sportbike or a cruiser. I've seen people get away on a cruiser and people with sportbikes get caught.

You most certainly can DIE from being tased although its not THAT common.

If that is correct....well over 2 minutes of tasing...why not just have the punishment be for the officer to endure the same exact thing?

Over 2 minutes must seem like an eternity.

Gemini Motorcycles (Sterling, VA)
www.GeminiMotorcycles.com

ZX14: 222 mph
ZX12: 229.6 mph
ZX10: 202.8 mph

ZX9: 177.6 mph
ZX6R: 180.8 mph
EX650: 130.7 mph

EX300: 114.7 mph
EX250: 122.4 mph
Unread
  (#4)
Your Ad Here

December 14, 2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
https://ww2.kqed.org/news/2017/12/11...h-an-accident/

i wonder why he was running from the police. Also wonder if he was on a cruiser or sport bike.
This is why Tasers are called "Less Than Lethal" weapons, not Non-Lethal.

Anything which interferes with the brain's nueromuscular electrical signals and central nervous system can cause death. Not to mention sending 50,000 volts of electricity through a body doesn't exactly promote healthy life function.

There is no accident when you hit someone 31x with a taser jolt. Taser's are preprogrammed to release a 5-second burst which each trigger pull. He gave this guy over 2 minutes of ride the lightning. This was an extra judicial execution.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

December 14, 2017, 11:28 AM

Whomever pulled the taser trigger must have been pissed he ran.

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#6)
Fast Lane Racing

December 14, 2017, 12:06 PM

this is why police get ambushed...
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
Meh

December 14, 2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS762ZX6 View Post
this is why police get ambushed...
Really.

Tell me more about this.
Unread
  (#8)
TNT
GP Champ

December 14, 2017, 04:55 PM

When do all the white people riots start?

I always take all of these reports with a grain of salt. Hard to believe this is anything but an unjustified killing, but I need to see the reports. I don't trust anything on the news to be unbiased.

Do they have logs on the tasker? What's the excuse for the number of activations?
Unread
  (#9)
TNT
GP Champ

December 14, 2017, 04:56 PM

When do all the white people riots start?

I always take all of these reports with a grain of salt. Hard to believe this is anything but an unjustified killing, but I need to see the reports. I don't trust anything on the news to be unbiased.

Do they have logs on the taser? What's the excuse for the number of activations?
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

December 14, 2017, 05:45 PM

I'm gonna go get the papers get the papers.

Gemini Motorcycles (Sterling, VA)
www.GeminiMotorcycles.com

ZX14: 222 mph
ZX12: 229.6 mph
ZX10: 202.8 mph

ZX9: 177.6 mph
ZX6R: 180.8 mph
EX650: 130.7 mph

EX300: 114.7 mph
EX250: 122.4 mph
Unread
  (#11)
Your Ad Here

December 14, 2017, 06:09 PM

Squeezing the taser trigger more than 3x means you, as an officer, do not have control of the suspect or the unit has malfunctioned - which means it is time to abandon the platform and progress to other less than lethal methods.

There is no excuse to give someone 2 minutes of 50,000 volt shocks.

Had this happened in a theater of war, it would be considered torture and against the Geneva Convention.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

December 16, 2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Squeezing the taser trigger more than 3x means you, as an officer, do not have control of the suspect or the unit has malfunctioned - which means it is time to abandon the platform and progress to other less than lethal methods.

There is no excuse to give someone 2 minutes of 50,000 volt shocks.

Had this happened in a theater of war, it would be considered torture and against the Geneva Convention.
Don't know the details but personally, if someone wasn't going down from Taser hits and I perceived them as a threat my progression would be to see how they react to some 45ACP.

Another non-lethal tactic? Like what? Some CS? What if that doesn't work? Wrestle someone who just took a Tasering and CS and is still standing? Ummm, no thanks.

Torture is an easy word to bandy about, lethal force right from the start would eliminate any claims of torture after the fact though.

There's bold riders and old riders, but damn few bold old riders.
Unread
  (#13)
Your Ad Here

December 16, 2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windblown View Post
Don't know the details but personally, if someone wasn't going down from Taser hits and I perceived them as a threat my progression would be to see how they react to some 45ACP.

Another non-lethal tactic? Like what? Some CS? What if that doesn't work? Wrestle someone who just took a Tasering and CS and is still standing? Ummm, no thanks.

Torture is an easy word to bandy about, lethal force right from the start would eliminate any claims of torture after the fact though.
And that's part of the thinking problem we have in the American style of policing.

"I can't get this un-armed guy to comply with my orders and he won't stop resisting - he must be a threat. Better dump a mag in him, then he'll comply. Less paperwork anyway."

Unread
  (#14)
no one's blowing up moons

December 16, 2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windblown View Post

As reported so far - He was on the ground, one arm underneath his body. He did not respond to commands to show his hands. (he was already unconscious) That he did not respond was ruled an acceptable reason to keep pulling that trigger.

Maybe you should have kept reading?

I am in favor of making the workplace safer but if you're so fearful that you will kill an unconscious man then maybe police work isn't for you and you should never be allowed to carry a weapon.

Physics always wins

. . . . so get that helmet cam! . . . . . . Because the D-K Effect is an STD .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
This is what happens when weak minded adults allow children to make decisions. You get stupid shit like this.
unintentional accidental

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I am socially disabled so some things do need to be explained to me.

2013 Suzuki TU250XL3
2010 Triumph Bonneville - I love that fucking bike . . . . Om nom nom nom . . .-Fitz
2009 Suzuki TU250XK9 - KBC Sep 2013
2001 Honda Rebel CMX - KBC Mar 2010

http://flexyourrights.org/

Last edited by lam@dcsf; December 16, 2017 at 01:10 PM..
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

December 16, 2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lam@dcsf View Post
As reported so far - He was on the ground, one arm underneath his body. He did not respond to commands to show his hands. (he was already unconscious) That he did not respond was ruled an acceptable reason to keep pulling that trigger.

Maybe you should have kept reading?

I am in favor of making the workplace safer but if you're so fearful that you will kill an unconscious man then maybe police work isn't for you and you should never be allowed to carry a weapon.

Rest assured I have no intent of ever being an LEO. It's a dangerous and largely thankless job, more so in recent times than ever. Yes, it sounds like the cop may have made a bad call. That can happen when Adrenalin spikes due to some dumb ass deciding to run.

If there was a cover up following the incident that certainly deserves investigation and prosecution. It's one thing to make a bad call in the heat of the moment, another thing entirely to attempt to cover it up. That is where Law Enforcement screws the pooch and erodes public confidence in them.

On the other hand, how many stories of cops going above the call of duty to help someone get posted on here? Yeah... nothing but crickets. Is that because it never happens? Nope. It's because that would run contrary to all the "righteous" indignation that's so popular these days.

There's bold riders and old riders, but damn few bold old riders.