DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 506
3 members and 503 guests
davidcycle, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
ONCE A MARINE...ALWAYS A MARINE
Unread
  (#1)
Take off my magic belt

ONCE A MARINE...ALWAYS A MARINE - October 21, 2006, 02:58 PM

My dad is a retired Marine (20+yrs) and I know there are some (military) Marines on this site so I wanted to share…..

I was given the opportunity to attend the preview before the opening of the National Museum Of The Marine Corps located outside of Quantico Marine Corps Base. For those of us coming south of the base, its that weird alien-like thing coming out of the ground that looks like it should have been in the movie Independence Day.

Anyhoo-The museum isn’t open to the public until Nov 11, but I recommend all go and see how awesome it is. It’s absolutely amazing. Some might find it overwhelming. Its all the history about the Marines…from beginning (enlisting-shaving of the heads) to end (the war that is occurring at this moment. The exhibits are extraordinary and they have a simulator u can ride (adults & kids), there is a booth u can step in and experience 2 drill sergeants (one for each ear) yelling like they've gone mad, and they even have a Mess Hall, and Tun Tavern that was duplicated from the original one in PA…You can eat and get drunk!!!

OOH-RAH!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...iketeia_2B.jpg
spread love & smart-ass comments

www.myspace.com/tabuizm
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Tabuizm Send a message via AIM to Tabuizm Send a message via MSN to Tabuizm  
Unread
  (#2)
i like to make toilet

October 21, 2006, 03:02 PM

good write up and pics!
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
BE ENCOURAGED!

October 21, 2006, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxgirlz
good write up and pics!
I concur

Thanks for sharing your experience and pics. I can't wait to get some of my fellow Marine buddies and go see this

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#4)
Still here

October 21, 2006, 03:27 PM

WOW, I'm not very big into military things (Didn't say I'm not patriotic, so don't start that) but this looks amazing! I think it's something I'll actually take the kids too. Thanks for the preview because I never would have gone otherwise!!!

Perhaps I ought to add that my dad served in the Army in WWll (Battle of the Bulge), My brother served in the Navy, and my ex is an ARMY pilot currently serving in Iraq. So I've been exposed to a bit of Military things as an former officer's wife. Yeah, I have issues.

02 1100 VStar

I've got a bike and I ride it year round. Nuff said

.Net - Those that care, post.
Those that don't care, seem to post too.

Last edited by vstargidget; October 21, 2006 at 04:15 PM.. Reason: more info
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to vstargidget Send a message via AIM to vstargidget  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Racer

October 21, 2006, 04:06 PM

As a proud sister of a Marine. Those pictures are really great thanks. My brother did 2 tours in Iraq. Now living in Boston doing the whole trying to round up more Marines. I am very proud of him and every member of our Marines and other Brances of Armed Services. Thanks again for the pictures will definetly make a weekend to go to this.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to java927  
Unread
  (#6)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
October 21, 2006, 04:20 PM

Thanks fpr the pics. That looks awesome Im gonna have to see this.

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
Face Down @$$ UP

October 21, 2006, 04:24 PM

Semper Fi....
Awesome pics!

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

October 21, 2006, 05:20 PM

sweet, I will have to make a trip down there once it's open.

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks  
Unread
  (#9)
Don't ask me,I'm Canadian

October 21, 2006, 07:32 PM

So that's what that is! I always thought it was gonna be some kind of roller coaster or something.Passed it dozens of times.Im gonna ahve to check this out.I love museums,especially ones with airplanes

ALL MY HEROES ARE RUSSIAN...GO CAPS!

Well you see, Norm, it’s like this…A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.-Cliff Claven

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
Give me the Ban Button!

October 21, 2006, 07:49 PM

That looks cool. Thanx for the pics

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#11)
Rocket girl

October 21, 2006, 08:59 PM

Nice pics.... Thanks!!!

Angie
05 GSX-R 600 sold

I will be back on 2!!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to angiegsxr 600 Send a message via MSN to angiegsxr 600  
Unread
  (#12)
singin sweet home alabama

October 21, 2006, 10:52 PM

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#13)
Serial Killer

October 23, 2006, 07:08 AM

Yeah, I cant wait for this museum to open+

I'm a lead farmer, motherfucker!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Diggy Send a message via AIM to Diggy