DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 300
1 members and 299 guests
davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

June 3, 2004, 10:31 PM

Want to hang out with a bunch of know it all jerks who never ever speed or break the law but actually know about motorcycling?
Tired of post after post of mindless urban slang and discussion with no weight?
Tired of random, unexplainable moderation?

Come to a site with a bunch of hypocrites and people that will put you down to make themselves feel like they have bigger penises. Yes, you heard from the smallest member right here. Come to cycleforums.com and have a small one too!!!

I'll leave this link for you. Swing by if it sounds like your bag. If not, no biggie. Probably didn't want you there anyway.

http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/fo...s=&forumid=138

BTW.... the never speed, know it all thing was a joke.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Meh

June 3, 2004, 10:47 PM

And so the gauntlet gets thrown down. Offer sounds interesting but I can't bring myself to belong to any board that has GoGo Gadget on it. To quote my good friend Val Kilmer in Tombstone "My hypocrisy only goes so far"
Unread
  (#3)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

June 3, 2004, 11:09 PM

Yo Scot do you mind if I hang with yall out there?? oh wait I am a member there too

Chico
I knows its just jokes man

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#4)
WPNR

June 3, 2004, 11:44 PM

hmmmmm...................................

Thanks anyways!!

-------------------------------------------------------------
ME!!!
http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...2_Yamahar6.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Phife  
Unread
  (#5)
Mr. Glass

June 3, 2004, 11:50 PM

I joined that place 2 weeks ago

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#6)
Ex-racer TURNED Post Whore

June 4, 2004, 06:36 AM

you know what cracks me up about the whole thing...the original person who posted the "stoppie on the highway" is probably a troll from Cycleforums anyway....

We can't help it if our site is so entertaining that all they can do in the "va" forum there is talk about what goes on here.

Looks like that discussion had lots of "weight" in it....

Honda Cbr600RR NESBA #135
"Your anger makes me Happy"
Ambivalent? Welllll, yes and no.
You are about as useful as a poopy flavored lollipop!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to KatiesGSXR600m Send a message via AIM to KatiesGSXR600m Send a message via MSN to KatiesGSXR600m  
Unread
  (#7)
GP Racer

June 4, 2004, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Looks like that discussion had lots of "weight" in it....
You know you love checkin out my phat ass!!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YUSOSLO Send a message via MSN to YUSOSLO  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

June 4, 2004, 07:46 AM

anyone who thinks that dcsportsbikes.net is a serious motorcycle site is deluding him/herself. we all know it's mainly social and that's why most of us are here - so get the fuck over it. if you don't like how the site is run either start your own or post up threads to discuss motorcycle topics. don't complain if you're not willing to contribute.

Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

June 4, 2004, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandymae
anyone who thinks that dcsportsbikes.net is a serious motorcycle site is deluding him/herself. we all know it's mainly social and that's why most of us are here - so get the f*ck over it. if you don't like how the site is run either start your own or post up threads to discuss motorcycle topics. don't complain if you're not willing to contribute.

You're absolutely right Mandy. There were a few of us trying to make it something it wasn't. Maybe I just had to have it spelled out like that to understand. I think few people would argue that I did not try posting motorcycle specific topics. The vast majority of my started topics were in an effort to drum up motorcycle related posts. Scorch's posts at the beginning of this year were in hopes to do the same. Steve is still trying but appears to have cut way back due to lack of interest by other members. I've chatted back and forth via email and IM with members here who are a bit frustrated at the way things are. No big deal really, it's just a website.
My contributions are there. I think many of you have your hearts in the right place but couldn't find your heads with a flashlight and a map when it comes to riding.
There's lots of people with much to offer that post here. Adrian, Cripes, Steve, R1myers, and many more. It's just a bummer that this isn't the venue for it.
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

June 4, 2004, 09:22 AM

i think that everyone can only do just so much. if you post up threads related to a particular topic and people don't respond to them as either you had hoped or you had wished that they would - then it's natural for you to slowly stop posting those topics. it is unfortunate that some of those topics have been motorcycle related and haven't always generated intelligent debate.

i think that it's very easy for people to hide behind a keyboard and to post up shit that they don't have the balls to say in person. personally - i would never post anything that i wouldn't say to anyone's face. that's a standard that i hold myself to.

i guess that i get tired of people complaining. no one posts rides, i don't like where twt is going to be, no one posts this or that - then get your sorry ass out of your pity party and post up a ride or whatever. we all know that twt is a purely social event - however it's a good way to meet people and actually talk about bikes or set up rides. if you don't make any kind of an effort then you can't complain about the results. i also understand that some people aren't comfortable taking the initiative- and that's all good - but if you complain then you don't have any ground to stand on if you're holding others to expectations that you're unable to unwilling to meet yourself.

we're all supposed to be adults here - it's just a shame that we're unable to debate topics without resorting to childish name calling.

this brings to mind - a few weeks ago i went to the comedy club and the comedian made this reply after a heckler was bashing him: "i'm not sure what you paid to come here tonight but you're free to leave whenever you want." i think that holds true for this site. if you like it - then stay. if you don't - then leave. it's not rocket science.
Unread
  (#11)
WPNR

June 4, 2004, 10:39 AM

I checked the site out and it kinda worried me about how much they would complain about .net. I thought they had the world’s greatest cycle site. I guess not if all you have to talk about is how bad other sities are. Furthermore, I went over there to read some interesting treads; however, it all seemed to be a bunch of FU Cking Bull SH IT.

But to each is own.

I have never seen a post on the net or com calls other site out. I just don’t understand?????? Does it make them feel warm inside when someone wrecks and injures or kills themselves??? WTF will it take maybe one of their kids to wreck and die and at the funeral they get up in front of everyone, and say well he knew the consequences?

Please enlighten me

ME!!!
Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

June 4, 2004, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Twiggy6

I think many of you have your hearts in the right place but couldn't find your heads with a flashlight and a map........
Unread
  (#13)
WPNR

June 4, 2004, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy6
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Twiggy6

I think many of you have your hearts in the right place but couldn't find your heads with a flashlight and a map........

Thanks for your insight Huckleberry Finn!!

ME!!!
Unread
  (#14)
Officially Addicted to Posting

June 4, 2004, 11:06 AM

Can't we all get along. Sheessh. Oh we can't. Oh well. Next!!!! I get on that site every once in awhile, but I can only do so much on the net. I have a problem. I have to ride rather than talk and type.

G-Dog

GsxRBulldog---NEVER EVER mistake my kindness for Weakness or waste my or my friends time. That would be unwise

G-Dog's total site

There is no trick to it, I just work harder than you.
BANNED from R1-Forum for Bad Attitude on 8/16/2010

'01 GsxR 750----Bike heaven (in a better place)
'01 GsxR 1000---"Bad Ass"....Sold it
'03 GsxR 1000---"G-Note".... Sold it
'04 GsxR 600----"Lil Bastard" Sold to JBoggy
'05 Gsxr 750----"Visitor" Sold back to her Momma
'06 Gsxr 600----"BabyBoy Blue" for Track
'06 GsxR 1000---"GhostFace" for Street

that's GsxrBulldog to you SON!!!
W u l f no P a k va R y d a z
President 2/2010 to 2/2013
: : Power of Purpose : :
remember our fallen friends
•always in our hearts • watching over us•
•#135 Katie•Dragula•#47 Bambam•Vega
www.wulfpakrydaz.com
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to GsxrBulldog Send a message via AIM to GsxrBulldog  
Unread
  (#15)
What's today? aah fuck it

June 4, 2004, 11:17 AM

Ya know, I've always had some questions and concerns about my bike, and I became a member on this site to discuss and maybe get some input from others who are more knowledgable in these topics than I am. But I agree with what you guys have pointed out...everytime a post approaches intelligent and topic specific discussions it either rarely replied to or it's over-run by people who post witty sh*t and random off the wall replies. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy reading most of these posts....that sh*t has me laughing my ass off. I'm on this site almost constantly when I'm at the office. But I know this site is mainly a social so those random and witty posts don't bother me at all. What does is the lack of input to posts about real bike questions and concerns.

that's my two cents...