DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 503
1 members and 502 guests
Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
The Other Perspective
Unread
  (#1)
Officially Addicted to Posting

The Other Perspective - September 17, 2009, 10:28 AM

The lady that owns the convenience store in building I work in is always telling me to be careful on my bike. Every day she asks me if I rode and expresses her concern.

Well about 20 mins ago I was down there and she told me how two years ago her and her family were driving up skyline and a rider carrying too much speed through a corner crossed the double yellow and hit their van. He died on the scene. You could tell that even to this day she is still shaken up about it. She said that is why she is always telling me to be careful.
  Send a message via AIM to  
?
Unread
  (#2)
"?"

? - September 17, 2009, 10:29 AM

wow
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
running on liquid crazy.

September 17, 2009, 11:11 AM

Damn. What an albatross to walk around with...

the one and only...
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
where the good spotz at ?

September 17, 2009, 11:22 AM

211 is a haven for wrecks ..... i am a statistic

DBR 4 Life
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to kidcycle Send a message via AIM to kidcycle  
Unread
  (#5)
Pleased to meet me

September 17, 2009, 11:50 AM

Now this nice woman is probably the most decent person in the world and her concerns are real.

Stepping up to soapbox:

When you see a 17 year-old smoking, do you tell them your xyz died of lung cancer? When you see the drunken loser at the end of the bar, do you tell them a drunk driver killed your xyz? When you see a guy carrying a gun on his belt, do you them him xyz was shot?

For some reason people feel compelled to approach motorcyclists and begin the sad story. Iím sure they mean well but Iím to the point that I raise my hand and say ďdonít wanna hear itĒ. Yeah, itís a tad rude but not as rude as them expressing their concern or dropping their baggage on my feet. Half the people that start that crap with me are the ones sitting on the sidelines of life, getting fat and dumber.

Stepping off soapbox to watch the freedom scene from Easy Rider.
Unread
  (#6)
Officially Addicted to Posting

September 17, 2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunyadambusiness View Post
Now this nice woman is probably the most decent person in the world and her concerns are real.

Stepping up to soapbox:

When you see a 17 year-old smoking, do you tell them your xyz died of lung cancer? When you see the drunken loser at the end of the bar, do you tell them a drunk driver killed your xyz? When you see a guy carrying a gun on his belt, do you them him xyz was shot?

For some reason people feel compelled to approach motorcyclists and begin the sad story. Iím sure they mean well but Iím to the point that I raise my hand and say ďdonít wanna hear itĒ. Yeah, itís a tad rude but not as rude as them expressing their concern or dropping their baggage on my feet. Half the people that start that crap with me are the ones sitting on the sidelines of life, getting fat and dumber.

Stepping off soapbox to watch the freedom scene from Easy Rider.
Hahaha! Actually, she does tell me that smoking is bad for me every now and then (when I buy smokes from her)...come to think of it, this lady is worse than my mom!
Unread
  (#7)
Ton Up!

September 17, 2009, 12:00 PM

The sad thing is most people don't show concern for something until they experience something bad. I try to learn from the bad experiences of others so I can get in check before I experience it. However, this is proving quite difficult...I sometimes speed, I smoke and drink and want to buy a gun.

Experience is true enlightenment.

~Justin

FREE FITZ!!!!

1999 Suzuki SV650
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 : RIP 4/16/09
1971 Honda CB450 : SOLD!
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

September 17, 2009, 12:27 PM

The only people that ever tell me to be careful are other riders. Regular people must not give a shit about me.