DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 558
3 members and 555 guests
fxc3700, nootherids, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Photography advice
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

Photography advice - September 26, 2006, 08:56 AM

Alright, between the kid taking pix of my BMW's, and Kaneda letting me play with his camera, as well as a fasination with photography for quite some time, i bought a camera and some lens that I think should get me started.

What I got:
Nikon D80 (pic above)
Nikon 18-55MM
Nikor 70 -300 mm

2 x 2GB SD ram
Lens filters, bag etc.

I will be getting a tripod as soon as I find one that meets my qualifications. Light, portable..etc

Ive been reading alot of advice about lighting, apeture, rule of 3rds, and that i need to practice practice practice.

So beyond what google says, curious if there are any photo gurus on this site. Any website suggestions to help me take some kick ass photos?

Oh and when i bought the camera, i got 9 free classes on photography. 3 beg, 3 mid and 3 advanced.. Each class builds off each other. one on one with your camera and understanding the settings.

anywho, another hobby i've taken on.

Thanks for listening and look for my progress pix.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury

Last edited by spud; September 26, 2006 at 09:44 AM..
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
Officially Addicted to Posting

September 26, 2006, 09:05 AM

1st tip. learn how to post the pictures (i.e. get your own hosting like photobucket, flickr, or fotki)
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

September 26, 2006, 09:08 AM

Check out this site. I have been using them for a while and they have good prices and fast del!!!http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

September 26, 2006, 09:13 AM

chris wtf? I just ganked pix of the cam off google.. or were you meaning for the future?

thanks dodge.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#5)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

September 26, 2006, 09:20 AM

Let me know if you need any help.

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#6)

September 26, 2006, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
chris wtf? I just ganked pix of the cam off google.. or were you meaning for the future?

just the first two
Unread
  (#7)
Site ADMIN

September 26, 2006, 09:27 AM

then your pc sux chris! anyone else having issues seeing my pix?

Adrian, you know photography?

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#8)

September 26, 2006, 09:32 AM

I have some links for Canon, but my best advice would be to get out there and shoot. I wouldnt even recommend using the pre-set modes either. Start off in P-mode (if it has it) and use RAW instead of JPG (if it has it). If you do decide to shoot in RAW, youre going to need Photoshop CS2 or something else that can edit RAW images
Unread
  (#9)
What's today? aah fuck it

September 26, 2006, 09:36 AM

@ chris

yea, first 2 pix are alex
Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

September 26, 2006, 09:44 AM

i ganked some others... see them now?

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#11)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

September 26, 2006, 09:44 AM

Quote:
then your pc sux chris! anyone else having issues seeing my pix?

Adrian, you know photography?

Ummmm. Have you seen the pics I have taken of people on the track?

I have had a Nikon D50 for over a year with several lenses.

I know a thing or two

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#12)
Site ADMIN

September 26, 2006, 09:49 AM

nope, havnt seen them.

When i go out to start practicing, ill let you know. Thanks man!

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#13)
What's today? aah fuck it

September 26, 2006, 09:54 AM

very nice, they're expensive. I used to be a photographer for GMU's newspaper for 3 years, we used the D1
Unread
  (#14)

September 26, 2006, 10:17 AM

Quote:
i ganked some others... see them now?
yeah, got em now
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

September 26, 2006, 10:18 AM

Alex when you go out shooting give me a call. I got the Nikon D50 with kit 18-55 lens and a Sigma 70-300. My bag came in the other day.

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks