DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 513
1 members and 512 guests
Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Pig Spit
Unread
  (#1)
Officially Addicted to Posting

Pig Spit - December 16, 2007, 11:20 PM

Anyone have a spit I can borrow or rent for a few dollars this coming weekend? Picked up this little guy over the weekend and well, he just wont fit on the grill

You would be more than welcome to come do a little pickin. Just look for the house with a pigs head on a stake in the front yard

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Castle: rob, potbelly, stat. i brought the bike, wanna ride 2 up??
ClemsonJeeper: omg i'm in now!
Castle: fvck, did i just put that in the sb?

Last edited by JTG40cal; December 16, 2007 at 11:22 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Posting Nothing Relevant

December 16, 2007, 11:39 PM

ugh, a pig pickin'... probably one of the things i miss most about N.C., if its spring/summer SOMEONE will being hosting one.

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#3)
BE ENCOURAGED!

December 17, 2007, 04:43 AM

That's a nice Oinker J! You are gonna need a serious pit that is long and holds a lot of weight You don't want your hog cramped when you cook it. It needs plenty of room on all sides to allow the heat to souround it and slow cook. You my want to check with some BBQ Caterers, like Apple House in Linden to see if they can suggest a place to rent a Porti-Pit if you can't find anybody with one big enough to borrow.

We roast a lot of whole hogs out here and everybody makes pits out of cinder block and rebar/chain link fence. If that is not an option for you and you don't want a permanent set up, it may be cheaper to find a person who welds and see if they will split a steel barrel in half for you and weld a few pieces of rebar togther for you to use as a grate. Then when your party is over and if you don't want to keep it when you are done using it, ask them if they will take it and give it away or recycle it.

Man am I jealous. It looks delicious. Good luck and buy PLENTY of charcoal & applewood!

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#4)
Spike

December 17, 2007, 06:45 AM

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#5)
Officially Addicted to Posting

December 17, 2007, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUZZLER
That's a nice Oinker J! You are gonna need a serious pit that is long and holds a lot of weight You don't want your hog cramped when you cook it. It needs plenty of room on all sides to allow the heat to souround it and slow cook. You my want to check with some BBQ Caterers, like Apple House in Linden to see if they can suggest a place to rent a Porti-Pit if you can't find anybody with one big enough to borrow.

We roast a lot of whole hogs out here and everybody makes pits out of cinder block and rebar/chain link fence. If that is not an option for you and you don't want a permanent set up, it may be cheaper to find a person who welds and see if they will split a steel barrel in half for you and weld a few pieces of rebar togther for you to use as a grate. Then when your party is over and if you don't want to keep it when you are done using it, ask them if they will take it and give it away or recycle it.

Man am I jealous. It looks delicious. Good luck and buy PLENTY of charcoal & applewood!
Believe it or not he is only about 17 - 20lbs. He looks a lot bigger in the picture. My mom should have a bunch of apple wood left over from my dad and brothers' Steelhead trip up to Erie, PA over Thanksgiving. They brought home something like 20 fillets that my mom smoked. We usually do them over hickory logs, but she decided to use apple wood this time. We definitely dont need a permanent pit, but that is a good idea to check with caterers to find a rental company. Oh and Guzz, please tell Sharon that removing the pig's ears is not brain surgery and dehydrating them for the pup is not rocket science!

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Castle: rob, potbelly, stat. i brought the bike, wanna ride 2 up??
ClemsonJeeper: omg i'm in now!
Castle: fvck, did i just put that in the sb?
Unread
  (#6)
Like a clown car on fire

December 17, 2007, 10:21 AM

It's probably too late for this one, but my family uses this thing for pig roasts, we just did a 70 lb one over thanksgiving, much faster than a spit and doesn't require the 8 hours of manual labor to turn it.

http://www.lacajachina.com/

If you're handy you can build your own small version, especially since your pig is small. it's basically a pine box lined with sheet aluminium on the inside, and the lid is basically sheet metal as well, you just pile the top of the lid with charcoal, and throw the pig in a raised rack on the inside. Oh, you gotta butterfly it too.

-Chloroform-
For when she doesn't know she wants it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Thwack  
Unread
  (#7)
B
It goes to 11.

December 17, 2007, 11:50 AM

DID SOMEONE SAY PIGSPERM!?!

~ For Jon Agule

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#8)
Eddie would go ...

December 17, 2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUZZLER
You don't want your hog cramped when you cook it. It needs plenty of room on all sides to allow the heat to souround it
Things You Are Glad You Didn't Say Yourself

Number 8....

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#9)
What's today? aah fuck it

December 17, 2007, 11:56 AM

spider pig, spider pig.

does watever a....spider pig does