DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 222
4 members and 218 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, Diggy, Scot, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Please do me a favor
Unread
  (#1)
Nothing here

Please do me a favor - March 5, 2007, 01:19 PM

Dear DCSportbikes member,

If it wouldn't trouble you too much, I would really appreciate it if you could put some warnings on some of the threads you start if they could be of a sensitive nature. For example, and I'm not calling you out zxten, but it's a great example...the thread "and the category is...people that it would be fun to hurt" sounds like a good read. Then you open it up and there is a terrible story pasted right there about cruelty to animals....extreme cruelty.

I'm not trying to take away the fun in posting, just making a request that something like that could have in the title "Warning: Animal Cruelty" for those of us who hate to see that sort of thing. No, I'm not pretending things like this don't exist and I'm not going through life with my head in the sand, but some things I would just rather not read.

So....I make you this promise. Agree to put little warnings in the titles where needed and I agree not to post pictures of your mom and me in the tub.

Thanks,
Travis
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
B
It goes to 11.

March 5, 2007, 01:26 PM

I agree... thinking about that little guy stuck in a cage like that makes me nauseous

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#3)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

March 5, 2007, 01:27 PM

yes sir will do!!!

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#4)
Ling Long

March 5, 2007, 01:33 PM

Ignoring it won't make it less real. Awareness of animal cruelty isn't pleasant, but the more people who are aware of these types of things the better off the animals will be overall.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#5)
DAS BOOT

March 5, 2007, 01:35 PM

That's not the point, he doesn't want to read about it. He is already aware of it.. he is just asking for the common courtesy of placing a label that the thread might be sensitive to some...

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#6)
Ling Long

March 5, 2007, 01:36 PM

Granted, but that kind of censorship can be said for all thread.

We already have NSFW.
What's this now? NSF Animal Lovers?
What's nex? NSF Parents
NSF People with weak stomachs
NSF People with eyes
NSF you get the point.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#7)
DAS BOOT

March 5, 2007, 01:37 PM

Unread
  (#8)
B
It goes to 11.

March 5, 2007, 01:39 PM

Yea dude, I was eating my lunch when I read it. It seriously makes my stomach turn to think about that thing in a cage, alone, scared, helpless, thinking god (its owner) is coming back for it. I know people do this shit, but I just pitched a $5 sandwich in the trash cause I seriously have no appetite.

Kill a fucking dog, I don't have as much empathy, but a little puppy... that shit just makes me sick.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Last edited by B; March 5, 2007 at 01:42 PM..
Unread
  (#9)
B
It goes to 11.

March 5, 2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMatt
Granted, but that kind of censorship can be said for all thread.

We already have NSFW.
What's this now? NSF Animal Lovers?
What's nex? NSF Parents
NSF People with weak stomachs
NSF People with eyes
NSF you get the point.
I label **POLITICAL**. I still have dumbass ignorant fucks come in and bitch, but at least they were warned. It's basically like any *Graphic* post on a wreck, some people don't want those images with them for the rest of thier life.

An easy request.

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#10)
DAS BOOT

March 5, 2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrben
I label **POLITICAL**. I still have dumbass ignorant fucks come in and bitch, but at least they were warned. It's basically like any *Graphic* post on a wreck, some people don't want those images with them for the rest of thier life.

An easy request.
+1

Unread
  (#11)
Meh

March 5, 2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Yea dude, I was eating my lunch when I read it. It seriously makes my stomach turn to think about that thing in a cage, alone, scared, helpless, thinking god (its owner) is coming back from it. I know people do this shit, but I just pitched a $5 sandwich in the trash cause I seriously have no appetite.

Kill a fucking dog, I don't have as much empathy, but a little puppy... that shit just makes me sick.
What the f*ck difference does it make how old the dog is. Is this Logans Run for animals now.

Back on topic, you don't like what you are reading, close the window. Easy as that. I don't think we need to start tagging stuff because it might be upsetting. The NSFW is all that is really necessary so people don't get busted at work looking at inappropriate content. You ever change the channel to a TV show detailing graphic surgery and get grossed out...change the station.

I respect Maladi's point but the stuff is getting a little over complicated.

Last edited by BlackHatch; March 5, 2007 at 01:47 PM..
Unread
  (#12)
Ling Long

March 5, 2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch
What the f*ck difference does it make how old the dog is. Is this Logans Run for animals now. Take out the old ones and shoot them...?

Back on topic, you don't like what you are reading, close the window. Easy as that. I don't think we need to start tagging stuff because it might be upsetting. The NSFW is all that is really necessary so people don't get busted at work looking at inappropriate content. You ever change the channel to a TV show detailing graphic surgery and get grossed out...change the station.

+2

U
C
Lots of
Asians
Unread
  (#13)
Groundhogs can play dead

March 5, 2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
What the f*ck difference does it make how old the dog is. Is this Logans Run for animals now.

Or, you're just lazy and somewhat inconsiderate.

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
Meh

March 5, 2007, 01:49 PM

Quote:

An easy request.
The picture was not really graphic. They weren't showing the euthanization or anything.
Unread
  (#15)
B
It goes to 11.

March 5, 2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:

It's not your job to direct my empathy toward animals. Older dogs have more of a capacity to care for themselves so on the grand scale I don't find it as tragic. No need to argue about it, it's just what it is.

I am considerate enough to label political, i do it, it isn't hard, it isn't something someone requested. It's simply exactly what he asked for, courtesy, not a rule or complication. Like I said, $5 sandwich... in the trash... i can post a picture of it for you.

SV650s for SALE!!!