DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 191
1 members and 190 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Please Take A Look, For My Sister
Unread
  (#1)
Ready To Rock & Roll!

Please Take A Look, For My Sister - June 1, 2009, 05:57 AM

For those that don't know, my sister was in a very bad crash back on 5 May, It was a hit and run, and she is now paralyzed. The following is a letter our older brother wrote describing the situation and a website for her that he started and designed. I ask that you all please take a look, and then copy this and forward it on to those in your address book. The more people that this reaches, the more help it will possibly bring for her. Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

Hello,
As some of you may or may not already know, my sister Meg was involved in a hit and run auto accident in Colorado on May 5th. She was returning home from a work party that had been given in her honor. The other driver ran a red light and struck my sister's vehicle, causing it to roll two and a half times and come to rest on it's ceiling. The other driver, who has since been apprehended, had no insurance, no drivers license, and was in the country illegally. He fled the scene on foot as my sister hung upside down inside her vehicle, suspended only by her seatbelt. As a result of the crash, my sister suffered a major spinal cord injury and is now paralyzed below the level of her chest and will never walk again. She is currently undergoing treatment and rehabilitation therapy at Craig Hospital in Englewood Colorado. Because the other driver had no insurance and is penniless, we (her family) will be covering a significant portion of the costs associated with this wreck. As one way of addressing this, we have created a website that chronicles the wreck and my sisters progress in therapy. The website is also a place where monetary donations can be made.

With this message, I am not asking for donations as much as I am asking for your help in getting the word out about the website we've made. For those of you who would like to help, I ask that you spread this message to your e-mail lists, blogs, friends, families, social groups, churches, post it on your social networking pages, or use any other means you can think of to disseminate the information regarding this website. I believe that a large number of very small donations and the love and support of a large number of people will help carry my sister Meg through this difficult time in her life, and will help her and her family come out of all this with the will, energy, and financial stability to move forward down this new road on which we find ourselves. The link is provided below.

http://www.angels4meg.yolasite.com/

Thank you very, very much,
Jeff Fitzmayer

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, a beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally warn out and screaming WHOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!"

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1023383869

http://www.nki41.com/
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to norihaga  
Unread
  (#2)
Derpentine Dealer

June 1, 2009, 06:34 AM

I tried to make a donation, hummus, but the link for donations didn't work. Post up once it's working again.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Popplers!

June 1, 2009, 11:13 AM

http://www.angels4meg.com

That will be easier to tell people.
  Send a message via AIM to