DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 127
1 members and 126 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Police brothers quarrel; one arrested
Unread
  (#1)
Face Down @$$ UP

Police brothers quarrel; one arrested - August 16, 2007, 11:12 AM

CHARLES TOWN — A family dispute between area police officers turned violent Monday afternoon.

Capt. Perry “Mick” Ballenger of

the Ranson Police Department was charged with domestic battery and arrested after he allegedly choked his brother Cpl. Wayne “Earl” Ballenger, of the Jefferson

County Sheriff’s Department during an incident at their deceased mother’s house on Longerbeam Drive in Millville around 3:45 p.m. Monday.

The fight started after Perry Ballenger arrived at the house to pick up some property and allegedly told Wayne Ballenger not to take anything and get off his property, according to a report filed at the Jefferson County Magistrate Court by sheriff’s Deputy P.G. Smith. Perry Ballenger forced Wayne Ballenger onto the hood of his car and choked him, according to a witness at the scene.

Wayne Ballenger was on duty during the altercation and Perry Ballenger was out of uniform.

Both Jefferson County Sheriff Ed Boober and Ranson police Chief William Roper said that the case will have no effect on relations between the departments.

“I don’t want to say there is anything between the departments at all,” Boober said. “It does not affect our relationship with one department or another.”

Roper said he is communicating with Boober and the Ballenger family.

“Myself and Sheriff Boober are working diligently on trying to work this matter out, not only for each department, but also for the family of the Ballengers. We’re striving to work this out in a peaceful resolution,” said Roper, who indicated that Perry Ballenger has been a member of the Ranson Police Department for 33 years and has served longer than any other city employee. Wayne Ballenger has also served for a number of years.

“I just hope that the community looks at the years of service that they gave which is over 50 years, combining their years of service,” Roper said. “I hope the community looks at them in a favorable manner. They were just brothers acting as brothers.”

Perry Ballenger was placed on paid administrative leave until the problem “is either resolved in a peaceful manner and/or it goes before the judicial system and they resolve the issue,” Roper said. “Right now it’s indefinite.”

Boober, along with other members of the Sheriff’s Department, is reviewing Wayne Ballenger’s involvement in the dispute and has not yet taken any action.

“I wished that they had settled their disagreement in a more peaceful manner,” Boober said. “Although it is a matter between two family members, it reflects directly on our profession as police officers. We are supposed to be example setters, and we are held to a higher standard than society.”

Both Boober and Roper hope the Ballengers can resolve the matter peacefully.

“ I’d like to see this resolved short of the courts and through the judicial process,” Boober said. “It is not in our hands right now. It’s between the two of them and the courts. It’s just an unfortunate matter.”

Perry Ballenger was released Monday on a $5,000 personal recognizance bond.

"ONLY in WV"

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#2)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

August 16, 2007, 11:15 AM

Hey at least they did not use thier firearms! Just let them fight it out!

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Chupathingy?

August 16, 2007, 11:19 AM

PM me if your in H'Town, MD.
"Can't we go faster?.... Even if we rub cheetah blood on the engines?" -Phillip J. Fry

Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to Sith4Brains Send a message via Yahoo to Sith4Brains Send a message via AIM to Sith4Brains Send a message via Skype™ to Sith4Brains 
Unread
  (#4)
TEAM.SUKUZI

August 16, 2007, 11:42 AM

cops fight all the time...i once saw on the discovery a fight between a pig and a boar~

sex addict