DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 541
2 members and 539 guests
davidcycle, legendindisguise
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Police everywhere on the 4th - anyone have a good MD traffic lawyer?
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Police everywhere on the 4th - anyone have a good MD traffic lawyer? - July 7, 2008, 10:22 AM

I think it's rather ironic that on the 4th of July we live in a police state. They were everywhere on the roads. I saw them, knew they were there, and kept pretty cool. I was driving from Baltimore down 95 on my way to 6 flags. There must have been a half a dozen I passed while in the fast lane behind the same car for at least 3 miles - driving completely normal and non-agressive. They always had someone pulled over. They must have just been on a mission. I wasn't really moving past anyone in any of the other lanes. The traffic was moving pretty uniformly and briskly. I was the last of that block of traffic, but still felt confident I was in the green. A cop pulled me over after hitting me with a laser for 81 in a 65. I couldn't believe he pulled me over. 80-ish is normal for the road. It's a $160 ticket and probably some points.

If I go to court, I can't really say anything other than, "I was staying with traffic". That's not a good defense. So I was thinking lawyer. What's it cost to have a lawyer go handle this sort of thing for me?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Owner & Creator

July 7, 2008, 10:25 AM

MD you get speeding tickets no reckless, your are fine. Pay and be on your way. Does MD use points?
Unread
  (#3)
Let's ride!

July 7, 2008, 10:26 AM

The lawyer is gonna cost you a whole lot more than that ticket!!

If you don't have any recent priors...pay the fine and go to traffic school for the points.

When life hands you Lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to AndiT  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer

July 7, 2008, 10:30 AM

ticket $160
online drivin class $50
total $210 and the class should cover whatever points you get
lawyer minimum $500 and dont garauntee anything

you decide!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to islandboy  
Unread
  (#5)
Signed up for Track Days!

July 7, 2008, 10:32 AM

dude your going 81 in a 55 yeah i can see the officer pulling you over, how many points do you have and when was the last time you got a ticket. your points decrease every 2 yrs now.
attorny's are useless,
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
I am a bitch, so what?

July 7, 2008, 10:37 AM

A lawyer will cost you way more than your fine. If you driving record is clean then the 2 points you will get, shouldn't matter much. I'd pay the ticket and just be careful the next 2 years. Driving school would not do much for you unless you have 3 or more points on your license. Though it may look good to some judges.
So it would really depend on what your record looks like. If you have no points or tickets in a large number of years, I'd present that to the judge and he/she might let you off. 16 over is not bad here.
If you already have 2-3 points, then take the driving school before your court date.
If you have over 5 points, you may want to start looking for a lawyer.
Anything over that I'd suggest a lawyer, right off the bat.

Every time we hold our tongues instead of returning the sharp retort, show patience with another's faults, show a little more love and kindness, we are helping to stock-pile more of these peace-bringing qualities in the world instead of armaments for war. -- Constance Foster
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to RRSheDevil Send a message via AIM to RRSheDevil  
Unread
  (#7)
Triple Secks

July 7, 2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog6153
dude your going 81 in a 65 yeah i can see the officer pulling you over, how many points do you have and when was the last time you got a ticket. your points decrease every 2 yrs now.
attorny's are useless,
Fixt

I believe i can see the future;
because everyday i repeat the
same routine.
Unread
  (#8)
Signed up for Track Days!

July 7, 2008, 10:46 AM

thanks for the retype, im always thinking its in mont co.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
singin sweet home alabama

July 7, 2008, 10:58 AM

I hate speed limits. They ought to be safety recommendations - and its your ass if you exceed them and something happens.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#10)
Triple Secks

July 7, 2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog6153
thanks for the retype, im always thinking its in mont co.
No prob.

People FLY on 95. ~80 seems slow in the face of the flow of traffic.

I believe i can see the future;
because everyday i repeat the
same routine.
Unread
  (#11)
Derpentine Dealer

July 7, 2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8
I hate speed limits. They ought to be safety recommendations - and its your ass if you exceed them and something happens.
I hate speed limits too. Only trouble is, often enough it's someone else's ass too if you exceed them and something happens. That's one of the main reasons we have the limits. Another is that it's a nice little mechanism for generating revenue.

Solution: Speed smarter.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

July 7, 2008, 11:31 AM

I'm telling you, I was a little shocked I was pulled over. I wasn't passing anyone. I had a safe following distance with the guy in front of me for at least 3 miles. And 81 on 95 isn't really fast at all for the road. It should be one of the old 75pmh roads.

My driving record is pretty clean. The only thing on it is from last summer when they got me doing 77 or 79 in a 65. I'd have fought it, but the court was in Cumberland and I couldn't make it because of work. I think I got a point for that. The $75 fine was annoying. The point worries me more than anything. This fine is more than double and I was only doing a few miles per hour more. It doesn't seem right.

Speed limits are set using antiquated standards. I'm against them in general and see through the BS revenue reasoning to have them.
Unread
  (#13)
TEAM.SUKUZI

July 7, 2008, 11:38 AM

u speed, u lose. my ex gf got pulled over by vsp and ticketed for going 61 in a 55 on the way back from va tech, no bs.

sex addict