DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 526
3 members and 523 guests
fxc3700, nootherids, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Police Link Two More Abductions in Reston
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

Police Link Two More Abductions in Reston - September 28, 2006, 11:34 AM

Police Link Two More Abductions in Reston
Police are investigating two new reports of women being abducted in the Reston area. Officers were called to the home of a 30-year-old Reston-area woman at 8:10 p.m. on Wednesday, September 27. An investigation revealed that the woman was walking on a path which runs along North Shore Drive and Wiehle Avenue around 7:30 p.m. when she was grabbed from behind by a man. The man brandished a knife and dragged her into a wooded area near the path. The victim screamed and was able to get away from the suspect. He fled the area on foot.
While investigating this abduction, a second victim approached an officer to report a similar attack. Police determined that around 1:30 a.m. on Tuesday, September 26, a 22-year-old Reston-area woman was sitting outside her apartment, located in the 1500 block of Northgate Square. A man approached her and whispered something she did not understand. As she turned to walk away, he grabbed her and brandished a knife. The victim was able to free herself from the suspect and he fled the area on foot.
Detectives believe these attacks were committed by the same suspect responsible for three previous incidents in the Reston area. The suspect can only be described as a dark-skinned man, possibly Hispanic. He is 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 8 inches tall with a thin build. He wears a dark-colored, hooded sweatshirt or windbreaker with the hood pulled over his head.
Police are urging anyone who may have had contact with this suspect or been a victim of a similar attack to call police and report the incident.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

September 28, 2006, 11:56 AM

thanks for info!!!

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#3)
B
It goes to 11.

September 28, 2006, 12:03 PM

Ladies, if you are ever accosted with a knife do not struggle, do not do anything, most importantly DO NOT leave a path to go into some woods somewhere. Most people are killed in secluded area's after being abducted, most people will not kill you simply because you will not comply to move, they will run off.

I read once that your chances of surviving go exponentially down after being moved from an area of kidnap.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#4)
Groundhogs can play dead

September 28, 2006, 12:06 PM

But both of these ladies were saved because they DID struggle.

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Super Moderator

September 28, 2006, 12:13 PM

Sooo last night I was at work until about 11:15pm. I come in this morning and read a police report from 11:36 last night (just 15 min after i left) about a woman in my office building (which is NOT very big) getting smacked over the head with a 2X4 and then they smacked her in the arm which broke. Apparently she ran away from him and got to her car where she drove off and called 911 and had the police meet her down the street.

I hate my office building and where it is.

~Kim
CCS# 827
01 GSXR1000
01 SV650S

I'm ADOS: Attention Deficit Oooooohhhhh ... Shiny!!!

Life's a BITCH. 'Cause if it was a slut, it'd be easy.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to kevers  
Unread
  (#6)
B
It goes to 11.

September 28, 2006, 12:15 PM

It's generally better to yell for help or "fire" than to struggle. Or run if you can. Weapons make it tricky, especially a knife which can inadvertently cut you (likely in the throat).

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Unread
  (#7)
Groundhogs can play dead

September 28, 2006, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevers
Sooo last night I was at work until about 11:15pm. I come in this morning and read a police report from 11:36 last night (just 15 min after i left) about a woman in my office building (which is NOT very big) getting smacked over the head with a 2X4 and then they smacked her in the arm which broke. Apparently she ran away from him and got to her car where she drove off and called 911 and had the police meet her down the street.

I hate my office building and where it is.
Holy crap!!!
I'm really glad it wasn't you!

WTF is with violent crime in Herndon/Reston?!
Shit!

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Super Moderator

September 28, 2006, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfinch
Holy crap!!!
I'm really glad it wasn't you!

WTF is with violent crime in Herndon/Reston?!
Shit!
Meeeee too! And I think i'll re-think it the next time i go outside for a smoke break when I'm here late.

Oh and I think I'll get a pet rottweiler to bring to the office with me

~Kim
CCS# 827
01 GSXR1000
01 SV650S

Unread
  (#9)
B
It goes to 11.

September 28, 2006, 12:30 PM

I live down the street, I'll burn one with ya Kimmy. It'd be good exercise and all anyway.

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#10)
Diddle e i

September 28, 2006, 12:31 PM

Holy crap!

1) I used to live near northshore and wiehle ave. Not the most affluent area but didn't feel it was dangerous.

2) Glad it wasn't you Kim. That's crazy. Hope she recovers quickly and got a look at the guy.

Thanks for the info Spud.

~ John ~

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, and the lesson afterwards

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...14/1_honda.jpg

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to Mocaba Send a message via Yahoo to Mocaba Send a message via AIM to Mocaba Send a message via MSN to Mocaba Send a message via Skype™ to Mocaba 
Unread
  (#11)
( * )|( * )

September 28, 2006, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevers
Meeeee too! And I think i'll re-think it the next time i go outside for a smoke break when I'm here late.

Oh and I think I'll get a pet rottweiler to bring to the office with me
You can borrow my male Rott "Jubi" anyone who has seen him in person knows that nobody would F with you when he's around.

Some tips:

1. Try to avoid secluded areas at night or ask a co-worker to leave at the same time if possible.

2. Carry your keys in your hand always and look around as you walk to your vehicle.

3. Try not to park in the same location and vary your exit times if you leave at night, don't make your routine predictable.

As for self-defense...too many variables to provide a proper response. However, carrying a can of pepper spray is a good place to start. Also, be sure to understand how it is used and make sure it is accessible.

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
DCSB.net NC division

September 28, 2006, 12:48 PM

women: a fist full of keys poking out between your knuckles can be an awesome weapon if you can punch straight

a swift kick to the balls followed by a knee stright up to the nose works too

'04 CBR1000RR and lots of Volvos (and now a new Tundra for hauling them around when they all break)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to boostdemon Send a message via Yahoo to boostdemon Send a message via AIM to boostdemon Send a message via MSN to boostdemon  
Unread
  (#13)
Ex-racer TURNED Post Whore

September 28, 2006, 12:54 PM

I was just going to say the thing about the keys between the knuckles. Your punch then doesn't have to be as strong to still hurt someone...also if you get them anywhere in the face, it can scratch them maybe even in the eyes....

Kick to balls if you get them hard enough, but run fast right after that kick b/c the guy will be VERY angry once he can go after you.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Christa525 Send a message via AIM to Christa525  
Unread
  (#14)
( * )|( * )

September 28, 2006, 12:55 PM

Keys between your knuckles is a improper technique that should not be used for a number of reasons couple are that the keys easliy move, if not held correctly can cause damage to your hand, it limits the use of that hand, if your hand is squeezed the keys will cut you and it limits your strike to a straight hit so, it's a very limited method of defense. Every school I've worked with or taught for avoids teaching this technique. What is taught is to hold a single key with your thumb and use it as a pointed weapon...but there are techniques on exactly how to use that which I won't go into here.

Could you put your keys between your knuckles yes...could it help yes...is it recommended? no!

hope this helps!

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Last edited by deviousR6; September 28, 2006 at 01:22 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
Super Moderator

September 28, 2006, 01:01 PM

Well this woman was attacked because the cleaning crew left the door propped. Guy must have been walking around the building looking for a way in. Found it, walked right in and attacked. Why he was walking around with a 2X4, i have no idea. Needless to say, we'll probably have a different cleaning company working for us tonight. Me thinks the others will be canned.

~Kim
CCS# 827
01 GSXR1000
01 SV650S