DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 547
3 members and 544 guests
davidcycle, legendindisguise, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Police: Man threatened to re-enact Virginia Tech-style killings
Unread
  (#1)
Owner & Creator

Police: Man threatened to re-enact Virginia Tech-style killings - April 4, 2008, 07:48 AM

LOOKS LIKE WHO?

MIAMI, Florida (AP) -- A 20-year-old with a weapons cache that included four AK-47s was arrested after threatening over the Internet to undertake a Virginia Tech-style massacre, authorities said Thursday.

Calin Chi Wong threatened to re-enact the Virginia Tech massacre, according to authorities.

Oregon authorities learned of a March 25 Internet message allegedly posted by Calin Chi Wong in which he threatened to re-enact the Virginia Tech killings. Two days later, Homestead Police searched the home Wong shares with his parents and found the weapons in stacked on shelves in plain view, Detective Antonio Aquino said.

Wong had 13 firearms in all, more than 5,000 rounds of ammunition, some that could pierce armor, and 100 rounds in a feeding clip with bullets "meant to take down aircraft or military machinery," Aquino said. He had hidden two AK-47s in his parents' closet, and his parents said the guns did not belong to them, Aquino said.

Wong was charged with making written threats to kill or do bodily injury via the computer and bonded out for $7,500. Additional charges are pending, he said.

It was not known whether he had a lawyer. A message left by The Associated Press at a phone number listed for Wong was not immediately returned Thursday evening. The phone at his employer, China King, rang unanswered.

Homestead Police first noticed Wong when he went to the department in February to complain he had been robbed of $800 over the Internet after he ordered a gun online using his father's PayPal account.

He told authorities he had called the FBI, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and other agencies about the issue. Aquino said Wong finally reached a boiling point when he posted the message saying he would re-enact the Virginia Tech massacre, in which student Seung-Hui Cho killed 32 people last year before turning the gun on himself.

"After speaking to him and seeing his frustration, I believe that he had the potential to carry out some kind of threat," Aquino said.

Wong felt isolated and cut off, authorities noted, saying he had been buying and selling guns for about two years and word was now getting around about Wong's age. Dealers stopped selling to him, and he was being banned from certain gun-sale Web sites.
"I'm soon to the point to re-enact the whole event," Wong wrote under the name "thehumanabc," referring to the shootings last April at Virginia Tech. "This may not seem like a threat to you, but I'm sure others don't want to see it occur again. It should be a wake up call for All haters out there," according to an arrest report.

Aquino said Wong told police that making the threat made him feel good because after "he had thousands of people on the Internet paying attention to him."
But Wong also said he was just upset and frustrated and never actually planned a killing spree, Aquino said.

But authorities also found a school book bag lined with bulletproof vests inside Wong's home, as well as two handguns.

Wong is not in college, Aquino said. He graduated from an Oregon high school and attended a college for a year before moving in with his parents in Florida, authorities said.
Wong said the weapons were an investment.

"He says it's a lucrative business," Aquino said. "He said if Hillary Clinton wins, she'll put a ban on assault rifles, and these assault rifles will be worth more in value."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Track Ho

April 4, 2008, 07:55 AM

uh huh

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"
Unread
  (#3)
facebook what is that?

April 4, 2008, 08:01 AM

I read about it earlier on cnn.com.. 4 Ak's that is crazy...

\O/
/ /
|\ Seattle Mariners
/ |
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to gixxernoob  
Unread
  (#4)
Nothing here

April 4, 2008, 08:14 AM

I never understand how anyone could glorify something so wong. I read another report where he was confused at first when questioned under his real name because he had adopted the nickname Som Ting.
Unread
  (#5)
Super Moderator

April 4, 2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madali
I read another report where he was confused at first when questioned under his real name because he had adopted the nickname Som Ting.
So wrong...

...but nicely played!

~Kim
CCS# 827
01 GSXR1000
01 SV650S

I'm ADOS: Attention Deficit Oooooohhhhh ... Shiny!!!

Life's a BITCH. 'Cause if it was a slut, it'd be easy.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to kevers  
Unread
  (#6)
Owner & Creator

April 4, 2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madali
I never understand how anyone could glorify something so wong. I read another report where he was confused at first when questioned under his real name because he had adopted the nickname Som Ting.

Unread
  (#7)
Mr. Glass

April 4, 2008, 09:26 AM

crazy kids

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#8)
Agitator

April 4, 2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage
and 100 rounds in a feeding clip with bullets "meant to take down aircraft or military machinery,"
huh? so he had an anti-aircraft gun? AFAIK, there is no such thing as "anti-aircraft rounds" for an AK...one would think people responsible for law enforcement would have at least a vague concept of how things work.

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#9)
Posting Nothing Relevant

April 4, 2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman
huh? so he had an anti-aircraft gun? AFAIK, there is no such thing as "anti-aircraft rounds" for an AK...one would think people responsible for law enforcement would have at least a vague concept of how things work.
Quote:
Wong had 13 firearms in all, more than 5,000 rounds of ammunition, some that could pierce armor, and 100 rounds in a feeding clip with bullets "meant to take down aircraft or military machinery," Aquino said
they didnt say it was for the AK, they just said he had them... plus 9 other firearms, any of which could have been large enough for them.

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#10)
Agitator

April 4, 2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eck226
they didnt say it was for the AK, they just said he had them... plus 9 other firearms, any of which could have been large enough for them.
I think if he had a belt-fed .50 (the smallest weapon one could 'reasonably' classify as an anti-aircraft / anti-materiel weapon...they would have mentioned it.

Also, "some that could pierce armor" I love that one...standard press release description of the STANDARD 7.62x39 steel core russian round...

Regardless, what a wackjob (the guy the article is about)...what is WITH people these days?

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#11)
What's today? aah fuck it

April 5, 2008, 01:22 PM

Sober?
Unread
  (#12)
No bike, jus here 4 drama

Talking April 5, 2008, 03:36 PM

It was not known whether he had a lawyer. A message left by The Associated Press at a phone number listed for Wong was not immediately returned Thursday evening. The phone at his employer, China King, rang unanswered.

"Spin"
Blue '07 R1 (CRASHED RIP)
Sponsored by Winchester Orthopedics

Not responsible if anything I say causes you to kill yourself.
Unread
  (#13)
Super Moderator

April 5, 2008, 06:59 PM

The media cant get anything right...The police are only going to say what they know as fact - EXACTLY what they reccovered... That was just the media trying to draw up a frenzy...

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#14)
sadly but true...

April 7, 2008, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom
Sober?
We all look a like and besides... I have a higher hairline.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Sober  
Unread
  (#15)
I LIKE TO HAVE FUN

April 7, 2008, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatspin
I enjoyed reading that too. Everytime I go to collect rent from the tennants I get the same response...

Michael Nikolau Pittas 1981-2007