DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 508
2 members and 506 guests
2blueyam, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Political: Pelosi has Helped Add More to the National Debt than Anyone Else EVER
Unread
  (#1)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

Political: Pelosi has Helped Add More to the National Debt than Anyone Else EVER - October 25, 2010, 08:56 AM

• Pelosi is the same person that said to pass bills into law without knowing the addons because it was too big and they would figure it out later.
  • Pelosi is the one that does not want to debate her opponent because she is too busy.
  • Pelosi is the one that said that the government knows what is best for the people because the people are not educated enough to make decisions for themselves.
  • Pelosi is the one that has her own plane and uses it like it's a taxi even though it costs taxpayer money.
  • Think about this when you talk to people that are voting for her. Her state is in extreme debt and she has managed to spread her disesed economics and condescending policy to the rest of the nation.

Debt Has Increased $5 Trillion Since Speaker Pelosi Vowed, ‘No New Deficit Spending’

Monday, October 25, 2010
By Terence P. Jeffrey

(CNSNews.com) - When Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) gave her inaugural address as speaker of the House in 2007, she vowed there would be “no new deficit spending.” Since that day, the national debt has increased by $5 trillion, according to the U.S. Treasury Department.

"After years of historic deficits, this 110th Congress will commit itself to a higher standard: Pay as you go, no new deficit spending,” Pelosi said in her speech from the speaker’s podium. “Our new America will provide unlimited opportunity for future generations, not burden them with mountains of debt."

Pelosi has served as speaker in the 110th and 111th Congresses.
At the close of business on Jan. 4, 2007, Pelosi’s first day as speaker, the national debt was $8,670,596,242,973.04 (8.67 trillion), according to the Bureau of the Public Debt, a division of the U.S. Treasury Department. At the close of business on Oct. 22, it stood at $13,667,983,325,978.31 (13.67 trillion), an increase of 4,997,387,083,005.27 (or approximately $5 trillion).

Pelosi, the 60th speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, has added more to the national debt than the first 57 House speakers combined.

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#2)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

October 25, 2010, 08:57 AM

As much as i hate pelosi, this is not entirely her fault. All of congress, and the president, are to blame

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

October 25, 2010, 09:23 AM

It's why the incumbants are worried. All of them are to blame, however, the top get noticed first and hold ultimate responsibility. She's the one who said, "no more deficit spending". Well she's either doing a piss poor job of steering the house, or she's full of crap... or both :-p
Unread
  (#4)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

October 25, 2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
It's why the incumbants are worried. All of them are to blame, however, the top get noticed first and hold ultimate responsibility. She's the one who said, "no more deficit spending". Well she's either doing a piss poor job of steering the house, or she's full of crap... or both :-p
Both

-Fitz

2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Unread
  (#5)
B
It goes to 11.

October 25, 2010, 09:51 AM

Bush and his policy makers are also largely to blame as their final term policies had residual effects beyond the actual passing of the legislation.

I like this time in American history. All my ranting about the ineffectual nature of a two party system is proving true. For the first time since 1852. I'd say it's time to look at a third option.. or a fourth or fifth.

I, personally, want to see politicians who actually believe in lessening the political red tape and the costs associated with socialized government.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#6)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

October 25, 2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Bush and his policy makers are also largely to blame as their final term policies had residual effects beyond the actual passing of the legislation.

I like this time in American history. All my ranting about the ineffectual nature of a two party system is proving true. For the first time since 1852. I'd say it's time to look at a third option.. or a fourth or fifth.

I, personally, want to see politicians who actually believe in lessening the political red tape and the costs associated with socialized government.
Cutting bureaucracy and redundant government functions would be a good start. Stop the funding of anything not related to powers enumerated to the fed.gov in the constitution would be another.

-Fitz

2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Unread
  (#7)

October 25, 2010, 10:38 AM

Read the first paragraph. She straight said one thing and did the complete opposite to our demise. She is leetist, a liar, and part of the spreading disease in this country of "government knows what is good for you because you as the people are too stupid to know for yourselves."

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

Last edited by Rossi; October 25, 2010 at 10:41 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#8)

October 25, 2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefitzvh View Post
As much as i hate pelosi, this is not entirely her fault. All of congress, and the president, are to blame
Just letting you know so you can pass the word and help her not get re-elected or anyone else to blame.

VOTE THE CRAP OUT OF OFFICE!!

Unread
  (#9)
B
It goes to 11.

October 25, 2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefitzvh View Post
Cutting bureaucracy and redundant government functions would be a good start. Stop the funding of anything not related to powers enumerated to the fed.gov in the constitution would be another.
Yup. Unfortunately many of these programs have effectively crutched our society. There has been massive societal atrophy, and though one way of thinking is to kick the crutch out and let the chips fall where they may, I think a better way to honestly deal with the diversity of opinion in this nation is to go back to the reason diversity worked so well here in the first place.

States rights!

Let Texas be psychotic about the death penalty. Let Vermont marry the queers. Let California be a hot bed for imbeciles, waitresses who dream of stardom, and great wine. We've Federalized everything now, and all that does is piss everyone off cause then you end up with vanilla bullshit PC government that no one likes. You can respect an ideal with an opinion, even if you don't agree, but no one respects bullshit.

De-federalize. Make the states pick up their slack. The systems that work at state level will be copied, the systems that don't work will fail.. and then copy the systems that work. It's simple. But Congress (Rep and Dem) don't really want to do this. The law makers are making out on the huge two party system. The people that could change it will not because it doesn't serve their interests to decentralize.. so here we stand, with pork-barrel legislation, run by special interest groups to buy off politicians. Here we stand, up to our ears in debt.

The politicians aren't suffering. Aren't losing jobs. Don't care about the effect of our militarism on our standard of life, or how hard an airport is to get through now... they get VIP, paid off.. totally disconnected from the reality of the average citizen, and so is their legislation.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#10)

October 25, 2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Yup. Unfortunately many of these programs have effectively crutched our society. There has been massive societal atrophy, and though one way of thinking is to kick the crutch out and let the chips fall where they may, I think a better way to honestly deal with the diversity of opinion in this nation is to go back to the reason diversity worked so well here in the first place.

States rights!

Let Texas be psychotic about the death penalty. Let Vermont marry the queers. Let California be a hot bed for imbeciles, waitresses who dream of stardom, and great wine. We've Federalized everything now, and all that does is piss everyone off cause then you end up with vanilla bullshit PC government that no one likes. You can respect an ideal with an opinion, even if you don't agree, but no one respects bullshit.

De-federalize. Make the states pick up their slack. The systems that work at state level will be copied, the systems that don't work will fail.. and then copy the systems that work. It's simple. But Congress (Rep and Dem) don't really want to do this. The law makers are making out on the huge two party system. The people that could change it will not because it doesn't serve their interests to decentralize.. so here we stand, with pork-barrel legislation, run by special interest groups to buy off politicians. Here we stand, up to our ears in debt.

The politicians aren't suffering. Aren't losing jobs. Don't care about the effect of our militarism on our standard of life, or how hard an airport is to get through now... they get VIP, paid off.. totally disconnected from the reality of the average citizen, and so is their legislation.

Agree on all points!!

Unread
  (#11)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

October 25, 2010, 01:58 PM

Too much sense in this thread:

Rossi, i agree, it's time to kick these assbags out of office

Seriously, though. This is .Net

No making sense allowed! MOAR RANTING AND RAVING PLEASE

-Fitz

2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Re: Political: Pelosi has Helped Add More to the National Debt than Anyone Else EVER
Unread
  (#12)
Agitator

Re: Political: Pelosi has Helped Add More to the National Debt than Anyone Else EVER - October 25, 2010, 02:01 PM

Wow, a thread where I agree with Adrian AND ben...it's like Hackman and Caine in one movie!

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#13)
Parkin lot pimpin'

October 25, 2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman View Post
Wow, a thread where I agree with Adrian AND ben...it's like Hackman and Caine in one movie!

This my thesis, man. This is my closing arguments!....I CAN STOP WATCHING TV, YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!

Great movie.

And I'll have to throw my hat in the ring with these fine gents. Lets get these idiots out of office because as of this moment they think they can get away with pulling the wool over the American Public's eyes. A political lean towards either side in all three branches makes for some dangerous possibilities. Congress needs to be shaken up so all of this absolute partisan politics crap can be thrown out and voting on the issues can actually happen.

2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R - back at it again
2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R (636) Lots o' Mods - SOLD

2013 Ford F-150 Ecoboost (Toy Haulin)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EndoSJ3  
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

October 25, 2010, 03:01 PM

And replace them with whom exactly? More ass-hats that will continue the same crap? Meet the new king... same as the old king... long live the King.

Didn't we cover this already? We've got a two party system in which both parties are pretty much the same. One party you disagree with %55 of their stances, the other, %60 - either way you don't really agree with any of them and the only differences are minutia anyway. So for instance, you're dead against the bailouts... both McCain and Obama plastered themselves all over them. So you're fucked. But if you care about which breed of dog will make it to the white house you're in luck.

Last edited by Cutter; October 25, 2010 at 03:41 PM..
Unread
  (#15)

October 25, 2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
And replace them with whom exactly? More ass-hats that will continue the same crap? Meet the new king... same as the old king... long live the King.

Didn't we cover this already? We've got a two party system in which both parties are pretty much the same. One party you disagree with %55 of their stances, the other, %60 - either way you don't really agree with any of them and the only differences are minutia anyway. So for instance, you're dead against the bailouts... both McCain and Obama plastered themselves all over them. So you're fucked. But if you care about which bread of dog will make it to the white house you're in luck.

What do you suggest then?