DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 558
2 members and 556 guests
2blueyam, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
DCSportbikes.net

DCSportbikes.net (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/)
-   Non-Sportbike Chat (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f41/)
-   -   From Pong to Xbox 360 (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f41/pong-xbox-360-a-12715/)

winrz May 19, 2005 07:32 AM

I remember recieving Pong for Christmas one year.. man, you could even change the speed of the ball from slow to fast!!

I skipped Intellivision, Atari 2600 and Coleco and went straight for the Holy Grail - the Atari 5200. Defender actually looked like Defender, Pac Man looked like Pac Man.. The snozzleberries taste like snozzleberries!...

I then graduated to Genesis, skipped a few more consoles like Nintendo and Playstation and finally wound up with the XBOX.

But the scenes coming out of E3 this week and some of the visuals.. i cant wait to play with these new games on my big screen in High Def. I think they may be coming out in Nov. for ~$299?

Project Gotham 3 is making me drool.

"The crunch whole wheat side makes me feel like an adult, but the sweet swide makes me feel like a kid.."
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...acing-3jpg.jpg

Busamac70 May 19, 2005 07:37 AM

That is a screenie of in game play?

Looks sweet!

winrz May 19, 2005 07:41 AM

dunno.. specs sound impresive

"..all games supported at 16:9, 720p and 1080i, anti-aliasing, customizable face plates to change appearance, three USB 2.0 ports, support for up to four wireless controllers, detachable 20 GB hard drive, and is Wi-Fi ready. The custom IBM CPU has three symmetrical cores at 3.2 GHz each and 2 hardware threads per core..."

three symmetrical cores at 3.2 ghz!! that sounds sexy..

Chico May 19, 2005 08:07 AM

I am def. getting the X-360!!

Busamac70 May 19, 2005 08:09 AM

If they could just get the axis right on the wheels and make it feel like you are really driving. No one as far as I know has that right yet.

Brooks May 19, 2005 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chico0920
I am def. getting the X-360!!

me too. Can't wait to try out the 1080i capabilities.

rekoniz May 19, 2005 08:17 AM

Oh yeah...the next generation is on its way. I had several pong systems. Those were the days. I also had an Oddysee, Atari 26, NES, Genesis, PS and PS2. I've played them all. NEO-GEO and Panasonic 3DO, we're ahead of their time but super expensive.

A game console is only going to be as successful as the games allow it to be. If you guys are wise, you'll wait for the PS3 in the spring. Otherwise I can almost assure you that you'll be dissapointed eventually unless you end up getting both.

Bmiester May 19, 2005 08:20 AM

$299 would be nice, but expect to pay as much as $469 for the new console.

Azraely2k May 19, 2005 08:24 AM

hell you want interactive...anybody here ever go to like XS in New York and tournie play MechWarrior. They had them huge ass shells with the controls and the damn shell moved interactively witht he mech on screen. That was the tightest gaming experience. Coleco was the system. I dont even remember the name of the game, but the guy would run jumping over these pits and swinging on the vines...damn how gaming has evolved over the years...i havent been a huge XBOX fan except for HALO, but i am definitely putting my dollars down for PS3

ClemsonJeeper May 19, 2005 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azraely2k
I dont even remember the name of the game, but the guy would run jumping over these pits and swinging on the vines...

Pitfall.

Remember the rumors with that game that if you played it long enough you'd get to your grandmothers house? Nope. Played it for 3 hours straight. no house. Just a lot of damn quicksand, scorpions, vines, and alligators. What a gyp.

winrz May 19, 2005 09:42 AM

ha Pitfall... i remember..
The cover art on those games was so funny.. the sweat dripping off Dr Jones face as he hung from his lasso, the alligators jaw.. "cool" but when you plugged the game in, you got 6 green pixels for the 'gator' and brown circles for logs...

Busamac70 May 19, 2005 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winrz
ha Pitfall... i remember..
The cover art on those games was so funny.. the sweat dripping off Dr Jones face as he hung from his lasso, the alligators jaw.. "cool" but when you plugged the game in, you got 6 green pixels for the 'gator' and brown circles for logs...

I loved that game, but I had an intellivision, so they had some kind of generic version.

Sea Battle was my all time favorite Intellivision game!

NiceTry May 19, 2005 10:42 AM

Definitely a huge fan of Xbox and can't wait for the 360. Sony "claims" their PS3 will be twice as fast as the new Xbox 360 but they also made claims of such with the PS2 that weren't true.

NiceTry May 19, 2005 10:49 AM

http://i.timeinc.net/time/covers/110.../images/01.jpg

Another screen shot of a Xbox 360 game called "Gears of War"
A futuristic Sci-fi shooter game. Look at the detail and lighting on that... a pic is worth a thousand words. :gamer: :rock2:

rekoniz May 19, 2005 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceTry
Definitely a huge fan of Xbox and can't wait for the 360. Sony "claims" their PS3 will be twice as fast as the new Xbox 360 but they also made claims of such with the PS2 that weren't true.

PS2 dropped a full year before XBOX and GC. XBOX has the better eye candy but the titles on the PS2 are untouchable. This time, Sony is letting MS and Nintendo get the jump because they know they've got the market on lock. MS has done better with online but that may not be true for long.

Anyone grabbed the PSP yet? That little thing sh!ts on the PS2. PS3...fully compatible with PSP. Sony is about to take this sh!t to a whole 'nother level. Believe it.