DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 498
1 members and 497 guests
davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
PoPos Answer Me This PLEEZE.....
Unread
  (#1)
Take off my magic belt

Question PoPos Answer Me This PLEEZE..... - July 11, 2006, 11:05 PM

Story time 1st....

I was on my way to kings dominion (in my car) today and less then ONE freakin mile from the exit I get pulled over by this undercover sittin in the cut just waiting for some dumb-ass (me) to give a ticket to. I had my lisence and registration out ready to hand it to him b4 he could even ask...that stoped him mid sentence. Normally I get asked if I know the speed limit (many experiences in the speeding dept), but he switched it up on me and asked, "Do you mind me asking why you were going so fast?" I accidently giggled cuz I know he was thrown off himself. I quickly regained composure and told him that my air in the car was broke and I needed much wind(yeah I know..pathetic) and I was just excited to get to kings dominion (even more pathetic). So he informs me that he clocked me at doing 90. I agreed and kept it real w/ him (although I know I was going much faster b4 I came up on his radar...was just finished playing w/ a few other cars). Anyhoo-he informed me anything over 86 is considered wreckless....What can ya say?! I think he was actually contemplating on giving me a wee lil break (a ticket-yes..wreckless-no) cuz he just stood in my face looking at me like should I or shouldnt I..it was a good long silence of at least 2 min.

Soon as he said those famous words, "sit there a min" I knew I was gonna get my damn ticket...Wreckless! I know when he ran whatever it is they run, I'm sure he he saw (many tickets) that I had just gotten a ticket a few weeks back for speeding on Rt 1. It was wreckless too, but the cop knocked a few numbers off cuz I told him my speedometer was broke (i think it really was), and I wasnt sure how fast I was going, but couldnt believe I was speeding at such a high rate. That ticket cost me $171! What happened to the good ol days when speeding was only like $56-$81...max?! And how come I can ride around for yrs on suspended lisence and not even get looked at by a cop, but soon as I'm legal, I'm Fucked?! Oh not lookin for answers on those...just thinkin out loud-thx!

Anyhoo-Questions--I've noticed that all the cops that have pulled me over do the SAMETHING and I was wondering why/what it means......

How come when I get pulled over, they ALWAYS touch the back of my right side window part (I have an suv, but if its a car, it would be the trunk part)? I have one of those yearly support police stickers (cant remember the exact name) thats 2 yrs old. Are they touching it because of their fellow officers, or are they touching that exact same spot to leave a print for just in case some shit go down? (yeah too many crime tv shows)

Why do officers make you get out of the car to write a ticket? When I was 18yr (never forget it...my 1st ticket, i think) I was late for work and got pulled over (duh speeding..but not alot), and that cop was such a meany that he made me get out of the car, and come around to the back of my car and watch him write me a ticket. Is that for their gratification of humiliating a person or what? I was crying b4 he even got to my car (1st ticket), and I think he just used that to his advantage.

How come no matter how nice or mean the officer is, they NEVER tell u exactly what a registration looks like or points it out in your pile of "car paperwork"? As many times as i've gotten pulled over, I never could remember what my registration was. I know now, but when I dint know, the officer would say "No thats not it...keep looking", or "Oh u just passed it", but NEVER touches it until u hand it to them. Why is that?

I'm just courious/have always wondered this and am not cop bashing or any negative whatever anyone reads from this. Yepper, I know I need to slow down, and I have no beef w/ any officer that has written me up or in paying for my tickets...I earned them to the fullest (not that i'm proud of that). So please save the "One day you're gonna learn your lesson" speech.

SMOOCHES!!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...iketeia_2B.jpg
spread love & smart-ass comments

www.myspace.com/tabuizm
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Tabuizm Send a message via AIM to Tabuizm Send a message via MSN to Tabuizm  
Unread
  (#2)
Eddie would go ...

July 11, 2006, 11:12 PM

no idea

i just wanna ride with you

lol should be fun

useless post #8237973
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Take off my magic belt

July 11, 2006, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchR6
no idea

i just wanna ride with you

lol should be fun

useless post #8237973
Right on!!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...iketeia_2B.jpg
spread love & smart-ass comments

www.myspace.com/tabuizm
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Tabuizm Send a message via AIM to Tabuizm Send a message via MSN to Tabuizm  
Unread
  (#4)
Officially Addicted to Posting

July 11, 2006, 11:19 PM

look for my PM

GsxRBulldog---NEVER EVER mistake my kindness for Weakness or waste my or my friends time. That would be unwise

G-Dog's total site

There is no trick to it, I just work harder than you.
BANNED from R1-Forum for Bad Attitude on 8/16/2010

'01 GsxR 750----Bike heaven (in a better place)
'01 GsxR 1000---"Bad Ass"....Sold it
'03 GsxR 1000---"G-Note".... Sold it
'04 GsxR 600----"Lil Bastard" Sold to JBoggy
'05 Gsxr 750----"Visitor" Sold back to her Momma
'06 Gsxr 600----"BabyBoy Blue" for Track
'06 GsxR 1000---"GhostFace" for Street

that's GsxrBulldog to you SON!!!
W u l f no P a k va R y d a z
President 2/2010 to 2/2013
: : Power of Purpose : :
remember our fallen friends
•always in our hearts • watching over us•
•#135 Katie•Dragula•#47 Bambam•Vega
www.wulfpakrydaz.com
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to GsxrBulldog Send a message via AIM to GsxrBulldog  
Unread
  (#5)
IrightI

July 12, 2006, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchR6
useless post #8237973

82379984454787878787545454545 is more like it.

Just like mine.

06 R6 Raven
03 R6 Track
Unread
  (#6)
Owner & Creator

July 12, 2006, 06:12 AM

I want to know the touching thing also.

They never make me get out of the car only in Texas when I bought my RHD integra and was driving it back home to Virginia.
I got asked where am I from?
Responded Virginia
Why am I in Texas?
Flew down to buy this car
Do I have any marijuana, cocaine, any illegal substance?
NO
Do you have any weapons?
NO
Do you have any BODIES?
Are you F-ing Serious NO!
Can I search your car?
Sure

Starts to walk around the car, knocks on the side panels, trunk etc...

Do you know why I pulled you over?
NO
You were speeding....
How the hell was I speeding on the right lane when I am behind a 18 wheeler? I think he wanted to pull me over because I was the only car on highway 40. Gave me a warning and that is it. I was scared that he prob. put something in my car because 1/2 mile down the road see another car. When I was in Texas the people down there were lilke "Get out of Texas, do not speed down here at all"

But I'm cool w/cops!
Unread
  (#7)
Repping WPNR is Tennessee

Location: GOOD OL' ROCKY TOP...ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE...GO VOLS!!!!!!!!
July 12, 2006, 07:13 AM

G-Dogg already took care of it..........the answer to all the questions that is.

RIP...Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg WE MISS YOU BUDDY!!!

WulfPakRydaz- Strength in Numbers

Cause thats how we roll......
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to PimpD  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

July 12, 2006, 08:03 AM

couple things here......

r u sure he meant to pull you over and didnt get u confused with someone else,, did he hit on you, and did he possibly pass you a sexual note that you feel wasnt intended for u???

Rampage "Why you got one shoe on and one shoe off?"
Rashad "Cause i was ready to break one off in your mother****ing ass!"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to FUNx1000  
Unread
  (#9)
B
It goes to 11.

July 12, 2006, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpD1!
G-Dogg already took care of it..........the answer to all the questions that is.
Yup.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#10)
Kat
Finally got a garage!

July 12, 2006, 08:18 AM

I read somewhere that police tell you to get out of your car to put you both on neutral ground. If you are seated in YOUR car, you're in a power position relative to the cop. I think it also prevents criminals from grabbing guns or fleeing the scene causing a chase.

Y'know, speeding isn't inherently dangerous. Plenty of people do it all the time with no ill consequences. But if you tried to envision a "perfect freeway" where accidents were minimized, what would it look like? Everyone would go exactly the same speed, no passing and no overtaking. Each person would have ample space around him/her to prevent pile-ups and avoid accidents or debris. You couldn't hit the car next to you because there would BE no car next to you (everyone travelling the same speed).

The perfect freeway isn't realistic, but working towards the ideal would improve the safety for everyone. Pass people slowly (relative to their speed) and they'll have time to see you before merging into you. I think an understanding of speed limits might give you more respect for them. Those are signs that say, "If everyone drives this speed, we'll all be safer."

Sorry if that's a lecture, but if I have to share I-95 with you, please pass me slowly. If no one's around, speed all you want.

**Sara**
"She wont be so fuckable covered in road rash." -boomchic00

"The whore force is strong in this one."
Kevers

BamBam, I miss you more than words can say.
Unread
  (#11)
Site ADMIN

July 12, 2006, 09:11 AM

G-dogg sent the PM, but ill answer for the public.

The touching of the car is to leave a fingerprint on the car. That way if there is any type of "issue" the car can be traced back to the officer/scene. ie if it takes off, someon hurts the officer...etc..

Not every officer makes you get out. Va State police are the ones that seem to do it the most. Some will even have you sit in the passenger seat of their car. It is all due to mostly SAFETY. Safety for the citizien, and safety for the officer.

Many accidents occur on the highway where someone tired/drunk etc will see the flashing lights and actually DRIFT into the cop car or the car pulled over. So if you are pulled out and asked to stand on the side of the car out of the way, it is to ensure you dont get creamed or the officer doesnt.

Every agency has their own polices on how to handle a traffic stop. Traffic stops are the MOST dangerous position for an officer. The first 6 -10 feet walking up on the car is the most dangerous zone b/c you just dont know what the driver is going to do and that is the area where officers get hurt.
Just remember that when you get pulled over. TRAFFIC STOPS are the MOST DANGEROUS for an officer.

Cant answer on the registration part. When a driver is looking through his/her stuff, if i see them pass their license or reg and not know it, i point it out..

Hope that helps.

*note This answer is based on my experience and I cannot obviously speak for every agency. Again every agency does things a little different when it comes to officer safety.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury

Last edited by spud; July 12, 2006 at 09:16 AM..
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#12)
Signed up for Track Days!

July 12, 2006, 09:26 AM

one reason we touch the car is just to just touch it its a habit in most of us and I do it cause u never know there might be someone in the trunk. Ive seen it happen once on a training exercise where a suspect was in the trunk. I dont ask anyone to get out of the car to sign a ticket its too dangerous for you and myself. I dont want you or anyone to get hit by a car in order to sign a damn ticket. plus I hate writing tickets. just pulling someone over is probably going to scare that person into stop speeding for at least that day. if writing tickets were for just fines then that would be a different story. the points are a waste of time nobody likes it and it doesnt work. u get suspended your still going to drive Im not saying you should but people do.
the registration card thing is kinda of a given. each state gives out different types of registration cards I have no idea what a va registration card looks like thats why I ask for it.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#13)
Nothing here

July 12, 2006, 10:10 AM

Some things you can do if pulled over that will put the officer at ease:

1. Pull as far over as possible.
2. If at night, put on all your interior lights BEFORE the officer approaches your vehicle.
3. Have both hands on the steering wheel.
4. Keep your papers in an easily accessible place seperate from other junk papers.
5. Don't act shifty.

Do those things and who knows you may get out of a ticket.
Unread
  (#14)
Site ADMIN

July 12, 2006, 10:22 AM

Wise words.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#15)
Officially Addicted to Posting

July 12, 2006, 12:59 PM

I've never been asked to get out of the car, but I would imagine that it might happen if there was a suspicion of intoxication. Provides an opportunity to see you move. The registration thing may be similar as well. If you are drunk, you are going to have a harder time identifying things, and they'd rather watch you find it to see if you seem impaired.

Last edited by rddy; July 12, 2006 at 01:19 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy