DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 365
2 members and 363 guests
2blueyam, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Post-Coleman Powersports auction report
Unread
  (#1)
All weather rider

Post-Coleman Powersports auction report - April 11, 2015, 09:46 PM

Another Coleman MC dealer annual auction has come and gone. this one was two weeks later than it is usually held, and the weather was great.

The food: Catered by hard Times cafe, it was simply a hot dog with chili topping, and your choice of Coke or Country Time powdered lemonade. No chips. Popcorn machine broken. But free!

The deals: The discount/closeout area had slim pickings. A few helmets, jackets, and odd-lot boots. Much worse than years past. I bought a can of chain lube from the parts department because I was all out and have been reduced to using a 1950's-era tub of Lubriplate on my MC chain over the Winter. No discount. There was a puny (10%?) discount on tires. Whatever.

The auction: Turnout was pretty good, not tremendous. Some highlights:

All good running, with titles:
A mint 2013 Yamaha XV250-D V-Star w/218 miles sold for $2,000. A great deal for a new rider.
Also for new riders: a 2003 Buell Blast thumper w/ only 2,289 miles sold for only $450.
A sharp, highly optioned and accessorized C90T cruiser w/8,290 miles sold for 4,400.
A nice-looking 2006 YZF-R1 w/13,432 miles sold for $3,800.
A garage-kept 2007 Boulevard S40 w/2,186 miles sold for $1,600.
A HUGE fishing boat and trailer (21' Legacy Seara 21 with 200 HP engine, fish finder/GPS for $2,600. Boats always go for cheap at this auction.

Weirdly, there were FOUR 2008 Qianjiang "Benelli" scoots for sale, two of them still crated! 700- 1500 each for the Chinese-Italian connection.

At least three Can-Am Spyders didn't sell. The bidding would stop at $13K and more was wanted.

As usual Harleys did not sell because no one would bid over $5K for them.

a 2-bike MC trailer with a diamondplate deck sold for $1,000.

A half-dozen unexceptional 1990's street bikes in running condition sold for under $1,000.

So nothing exciting. A FJR1300 and a Triumph Tiger 1050 looked promising, but did not meet reserve.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Mommy's Little Monster

April 13, 2015, 09:11 AM

I took a look at their auction bikes for sale on their spreadsheet ahead of time, and nothing jumped out at me. I still headed out to look at a bike i've been eyeing for a while, and got the typical sales experience with them....bad. Also, witnessed one of their sales persons REALLY irritate a lady as he was trying to work her into a new cruiser. Apparently she had let the info slip that she had a particular model Harley, and then he tried to use that to bargain with her on trading it in, and she was not having any of that idea. She more of less told him off, and that he was now welcome to leave her alone, and she'd look to buy elsewhere.

I spent some decent time looking at some gear options, and actually had all good conversations with all those folks (in my experience, the gear sales folks have always been very kind and always helpful at Colemans.) Tried on a pair of the Bull-It riding jeans, and they were far more comfortable that I would've imagined. Their rep was real nice and friendly, even after I told him that I would not be buying anything that day.

I enjoyed two chili dogs, free lunch, hard to beat that. Overall, about what you'd expect. Really the best deals to be had are on gear, and even this year seemed worse than those in the past.

2018 BMW R1200 GS
2016 Yamaha FJ-09
2014 Honda CB500X
2007 Suzuki DRZ 400SM
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600
Unread
  (#3)
konichiwa bitches

Location: Over to the left, up a little more....right there!!....FFX
April 13, 2015, 01:50 PM

Sounds about right.

The people in the gear section were great as usual. A lot less good stuff in the discount gear section this year.

The R1 mentioned above looked to be in pretty decent shape. A bit of TLC and someone walked away with a steal.

The wrecked Panigale they had was tempting but the fact that the frame was bent was a little scary.

Overall.....great weather, good excuse to be around a bunch a bikes, pretty good turnout.

XBOX 360 - Neros Lament

"I'm pretty sure God would consider it a sin not to glorify that ass."

http://www.mrsimcard.com/
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to lqdgrphcs Send a message via AIM to lqdgrphcs  
Unread
  (#4)
Your Ad Here

April 14, 2015, 12:00 PM

I would have jumped on the Buell for $450. Can't lose at that price.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Track Day addict

April 14, 2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
I would have jumped on the Buell for $450. Can't lose at that price.
As the owner of a Blast! I am not sure you could be called a "winner" in any way either unless you could sell it off to someone else for enough more to cover your costs. I guess you could use it as a teaching bike.

Dale - 2004 SV 650 track, 2003 R1 track, 2007 Tuono
Unread
  (#6)
Your Ad Here

April 17, 2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blueyam View Post
As the owner of a Blast! I am not sure you could be called a "winner" in any way either unless you could sell it off to someone else for enough more to cover your costs. I guess you could use it as a teaching bike.
$450 is a throwaway price to me. I'm all about lessening stress and concern over vehicles at this point in my life.

It's a Scrambler and $450 is about the price one would pay for a cheap, runabout scooter - but this is something you can actually get up to highway speed without fear.

Something just to doodle along with or run errands with no real concern of it tipping, it being stolen, or this and that ... throw away price.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to