DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 549
4 members and 545 guests
2blueyam, nootherids, Scot, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Prepare To Get Ass Raped For Concert / Venue Tickets!
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Prepare To Get Ass Raped For Concert / Venue Tickets! - January 25, 2010, 01:27 PM

The Department of Justice Anti-Trust Division just approved the Ticketmaster + Live Nation Corporate Merger.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Retired to most ...

January 25, 2010, 01:29 PM

Complete gayness ... her comes the additional $50 a ticket "just cause we fuckin said so" fee!! Guess it's back to knowing the security guys at Nissian so I can go see all my concerts for free!

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#3)
TPG og

January 25, 2010, 01:32 PM

Ahhh great. I had hopes in LiveNation taking on TicketJacker. Oh well. Back to small shows at dive bars for me...

And smuggling in booze FTW!

Last edited by b00st; January 25, 2010 at 01:40 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#4)
Crackdays for everyone!

January 25, 2010, 01:35 PM

If it werent for my free tickets, I would never go to a large venue concert ever again.

Matt K.
09 R6
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ZX-Matt  
Unread
  (#5)
Your Ad Here

January 25, 2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySpeed954 View Post
Complete gayness ... her comes the additional $50 a ticket "just cause we fuckin said so" fee!! Guess it's back to knowing the security guys at Nissian so I can go see all my concerts for free!
Exactly. I pass venues all the time and want to buy tickets there ahead of time at the box office, but cannot because generally speaking if they have a agreement with TicketMaster, TM forbids them from selling tickets at the box office until the day of the show.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#6)
AMA Superbike Champ

January 25, 2010, 02:21 PM

Awesome. No monopoly there at all.

I'm still appreciative that the Exxon/Mobil merger was approved back in the day. We all know how well that worked out for consumers.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CBontheMV  
Unread
  (#7)
Your Ad Here

January 25, 2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBontheMV View Post
Awesome. No monopoly there at all.

I'm still appreciative that the Exxon/Mobil merger was approved back in the day. We all know how well that worked out for consumers.
LOL! Merger ... man, that was nothing but Standard Oil getting back together again after a long term government forced divorce.

Unread
  (#8)
Your Ad Here

January 26, 2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR Matt View Post
If it werent for my free tickets, I would never go to a large venue concert ever again.
Pretty much. Luckily I get hook-ups and haven't had to pay for a concert or game since 2002.

Unread
  (#9)
TPG og

January 26, 2010, 11:35 AM

Somethings gotta happen........read somewhere about Artists selling directly to fans. I wish nothing but the worst for TM/LN! They even charge you to pickup tickets at the booth, wtf! I'll use photoshop and an inkjet if they think they're gonna jack the prices up again.
Unread
  (#10)
Your Ad Here

January 26, 2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00STZX3 View Post
Somethings gotta happen........read somewhere about Artists selling directly to fans. I wish nothing but the worst for TM/LN! They even charge you to pickup tickets at the booth, wtf! I'll use photoshop and an inkjet if they think they're gonna jack the prices up again.
That's just the problem - artists cannot!
Say someone like U2; they're going to have such a large show that it's almost guaranteed the venue they use has a relationship with TM or the show is being produced by Live Nation and as such, they can't escape their "piece of the pie"

Either the venue is not going to allow the artist to sell the tickets directly b/c of the TM contract or Live Nation is producing the show in which case they get a piece anyway.

Unread
  (#11)
TPG og

January 26, 2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
That's just the problem - artists cannot!
Say someone like U2; they're going to have such a large show that it's almost guaranteed the venue they use has a relationship with TM or the show is being produced by Live Nation and as such, they can't escape their "piece of the pie"

Either the venue is not going to allow the artist to sell the tickets directly b/c of the TM contract or Live Nation is producing the show in which case they get a piece anyway.
With more and more artists going DIY and bucking ths system....I hope they will put enough pressure ion the future on venues to do this. If TM/LN seriously abuse their monopoly (which of course they will), it might lead to boycott or action by the performers. They don't wanna piss off their fans.
Unread
  (#12)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

January 26, 2010, 11:50 AM

2xITB

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin