DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 524
3 members and 521 guests
boomboom929, nootherids, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Propane Tanks
Unread
  (#1)
Tough guy

Propane Tanks - July 29, 2008, 12:10 PM

So I went through this dilema last year with the price of propane. Since then #452-LE replaced my entire HVAC system and saved me HUGE $$$$ (with the improved efficiency). My current propane vendor Amerigas continues to act like a monopoly and price gouche: Amerigas is $3.249 per gal as compared to others at: $2.77 per gal.

Amerigas owns the tank which I currently lease. To shop around for the best propane price I need to own the tank (replace the 1000 gal. tank or buy it from Amerigas - they quoted $2400 for a 12 year old tank - rip off).

I am looking for:
500 or 1000 gal. tank w/ install.
Excavation of the existing 1000 gal. tank.
Propane provider.

Any assistance or help would be appreciated!
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CamDLux Send a message via MSN to CamDLux Send a message via Skype™ to CamDLux 
Unread
  (#2)
Asstastic

July 29, 2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDLux
So I went through this dilema last year with the price of propane. Since then #452-LE replaced my entire HVAC system and saved me HUGE $$$$ (with the improved efficiency). My current propane vendor Amerigas continues to act like a monopoly and price gouche: Amerigas is $3.249 per gal as compared to others at: $2.77 per gal.

Amerigas owns the tank which I currently lease. To shop around for the best propane price I need to own the tank (replace the 1000 gal. tank or buy it from Amerigas - they quoted $2400 for a 12 year old tank - rip off).

I am looking for:
Propane provider.

I have a Southern States connection....... I

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...844F779ADF89CA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNDlf6hA6TY

Michael Collins: You are the baddest mo-fo low down around this side of town!!
Whip some ass!!
B.J. Penn: Sho-nuff!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Asstastic

July 29, 2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDLux

I am looking for:
Propane provider.

I have a Southern States connection....... I will get you the info today.

Just a thought.... Should Amerifart own your current tank....and want it back... should they not pay to come retrieve it themselves??? Personally, I woud briefly cross the sewage line with the LP line just to give them an added "bonus" upon retrival.....Thats just me though.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...844F779ADF89CA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNDlf6hA6TY

Michael Collins: You are the baddest mo-fo low down around this side of town!!
Whip some ass!!
B.J. Penn: Sho-nuff!
Unread
  (#4)
Tough guy

July 29, 2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #452-LE
I have a Southern States connection....... I
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CamDLux Send a message via MSN to CamDLux Send a message via Skype™ to CamDLux 
Unread
  (#5)
Tough guy

July 29, 2008, 12:22 PM

Apparently, I have to dig it up - and it has to be empty. They call all of the shots - they are worse than the Airline industry! Unfortunatly my HOA says, "NO" to above ground tanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #452-LE
I have a Southern States connection....... I will get you the info today.

Just a thought.... Should Amerifart own your current tank....and want it back... should they not pay to come retrieve it themselves??? Personally, I woud briefly cross the sewage line with the LP line just to give them an added "bonus" upon retrival.....Thats just me though.
Unread
  (#6)
Licensed Rider

July 29, 2008, 03:37 PM

amerigas has to produce evidence they own the tank, or they dont have a leg to stand on. someone i know went through the same shit, and told them to go fuuck themselves unless they could produce proof, they bitched and moaned, but couldnt, and finally stop, all the while he was getting someone small time to fill his at much lower rates.
Unread
  (#7)
Tough guy

July 29, 2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrxx
amerigas has to produce evidence they own the tank, or they dont have a leg to stand on. someone i know went through the same shit, and told them to go fuuck themselves unless they could produce proof, they bitched and moaned, but couldnt, and finally stop, all the while he was getting someone small time to fill his at much lower rates.
Interesting. I dont see an easement in my title docs. and nothing on the plat. You may have found a loop hole.
Unread
  (#8)
Licensed Rider

July 30, 2008, 12:39 AM

as i understand it they dont have proof they own everything they say they do, so you have to be willing to go to court and fight them. the person i know is a real as shole, like me, and will tell anyone to fuuck a donkey if they dont like what we do, and so i dont think being nice will change anything. it could backfire, but i would request proof and push the issue.
Unread
  (#9)
Tough guy

July 30, 2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrxx
as i understand it they dont have proof they own everything they say they do, so you have to be willing to go to court and fight them. the person i know is a real as shole, like me, and will tell anyone to fuuck a donkey if they dont like what we do, and so i dont think being nice will change anything. it could backfire, but i would request proof and push the issue.
I have my Title Company and there in-house lawyer looking into the ownership of the tank. After talking to the right person at Amerigas today, I received in writing a fair price to purchase the tank from them.