DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 528
0 members and 528 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Purchasing a Glock over the net
Unread
  (#1)
Disturbed is who I be

Purchasing a Glock over the net - April 17, 2012, 10:40 PM

I'm a MD resident that wants to purchase a Glock 27 off of glockstore.com My dilema is I dont want to pay a high transfer fee to get it delivered. Maryland Small Arms Range wants 100 bux off the break....anyone have a recommendation where I can get it delivered at a cheaper transfer fee?

Thanks

I'd rather be riding my Bike think'n about God than be in Church think'n about my Bike.

"Da PrOwLeR"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
No more 1050 :(

April 17, 2012, 10:49 PM

You could head to Bmore... no transfer fees there.
Unread
  (#3)
Your Ad Here

April 18, 2012, 06:44 AM

Ask around on Maryland Shooters.com

There are a few retail sponsors on the board that will handle FFLs for a reasonable rate.

Of course the further they are out in the country, the less they charge comparatively speaking.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Officially Addicted to Posting

April 18, 2012, 07:23 AM

Find someone in state that has one in stock. $100 transfer!? Unless the price difference (after transfer) is more than $50, you would be better spent just buying locally.

Also, do you have big hands (no homo)? Have you ever held a 27? Their grips are SMALL. I have smaller hands and without a mag extention, my pinky hangs off the end. Very uncomfortable.

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Castle: rob, potbelly, stat. i brought the bike, wanna ride 2 up??
ClemsonJeeper: omg i'm in now!
Castle: fvck, did i just put that in the sb?
Unread
  (#5)
turn or crash....

April 18, 2012, 07:31 AM

Cheaper than $100....

2 A Sales & Supplies
Phone: 240-456-0060
8610 Washington Blvd
Suite 211-B
Jessup, MD 20794
Long Gun Fee: $30.00
Hand Gun Fee: $50.00

- djkouza
############
Bikes: I might own one...
############
djkouza - XBOX
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to djkouza  
Unread
  (#6)
Keeping it Frugal...

April 18, 2012, 07:54 AM

Contact the people from:
Targetacquired.com
keepshooting.com

This is also an important thing to keep in mind:
MD makes it mandatory to include an additional gun lock. If you purchase a gun out of state and get it transferred via a FFL dealer, you have to pay for the lock. That is 25 bucks.

When i brought my ruger, I got it shipped to the MD small arms range. i didn't want to pay the 100 premium + tax that the shop was charging for the gun, So i ordered it from Budsgunshop.com.
I paid the $75 transfer. Then they threw in this mandatory lock fee. I was like WTF my gun has a lock. He said "its required by the state"
i was like "i don't even have kids, i'm not gonna use this stupid thing" Why isn't the lock that came with the gun, good enough?

So i paid a total of 100 in transfer fees. Plus 11 background check.
I saved all of like 8-13 bucks (the difference between my sale price, and what i would have paid in tax)

The shops i listed above have cheaper transfer rates. Target Acquired is 40.

Dimes Tha Don / Frugal King
Unread
  (#7)
Your Ad Here

April 18, 2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG40cal View Post
Also, do you have big hands (no homo)? Have you ever held a 27? Their grips are SMALL. I have smaller hands and without a mag extention, my pinky hangs off the end. Very uncomfortable.
Truth.

When I shot the 27 I didn't like the grip angle or the grip length. My pinky was dangling and my ring finger felt kept position itself near the edge of the bottom of the grip.

After running a mag, I put it down and never looked back.

If I recall correctly, I think someone on here recently bought a 10mm Glock shorty and sold it for the same reason.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#8)
Your Ad Here

April 18, 2012, 08:14 AM

Dimes is also correct. Do not forget, MD requires that you purchase an integrated gun lock if the gun does not have one built-in from the factory.

The usually included cable lock, the one that fulfills the requirement of almost every other state in the country, will not fulfill Maryland's legal requirements.

Unread
  (#9)
EFI - 07/C2

April 18, 2012, 08:37 AM

It's a bit of a drive, but Hafer's in Hagerstown charges $25.

Alternatively you could call all the FFL's in your area since the ATF very kindly makes the list available at:
ATF Online - Statistics - Listing of Federal Firearms Licensees

http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/ - EFI, LLC - Custom Precision Rifles, Gunsmithing, & Machine Gun Rentals

http://www.TankVest.com/ - Attach MOLLE gear to your KLR, KTM, or VStrom gas tank

Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her, but once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game.
- Voltaire
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
just some dude

April 18, 2012, 08:59 AM

you could also check out gallery of gun's website for their glock inventory. they're a major distributor, but you can order direct from them and have it shipped to one of their retailers. the benefits are that there are usually no additional shipping charges (glockstore.com charges $40) and the receiving FFL may not charge a transfer fee (some do, most don't).

www.galleryofguns.com - Gun Genie - Davidson's most popular and powerful search engine to find and buy guns at galleryofguns.com

you need to keep an eye on their inventory list. they update daily, and every few days they will they get large shipments in and when it does, you need to jump on it. for example, a few days ago glock g20sf's came into stock showing "99+" and within an hour or so, it showed only 15 in stock.

they were showing g27's just yesterday morning, and of course within a couple of hours they were all gone. unfortunately you never know when another one will show up so you just have to keep checking.

2013 Toyota Prius C4, holding up traffic...
2009 FZ1 (R-77 carbon exhaust, PC V, BMC air filter, D-shaped 'flies, chopped airbox and AIS, FCE; SW-Motech toprack and quick-release siderack, E55 topcase, pair of V35 sidecase, Woodcraft frame sliders)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to novasquid Send a message via AIM to novasquid  
Unread
  (#11)
Silence... I keeeel you

April 19, 2012, 12:03 AM

$100 is ridiculous. Most of the places near Bmore are about $40. You can provide your own Omega lock. If you know anyone with the caliber you are buying just ask to borrow one they have. That's what I did for my .40

DRZ1050... The transfer fee for street vendors in Bmore is usually your wallet, watch, and car.

Then again... That's just me.

On the internet... Everyone is an expert.

And now...The dancing Banana:
Unread
  (#12)
Disturbed is who I be

April 19, 2012, 04:45 AM

Hey Thanks Fellaz for the input!!! I decided to roll with the Glock 27 due to how compact it is......*Winks* recieved my Utah Concealed Weapons Permit and thought this would be a nice lil compact gun to have on me while I'm out of town on the bonk....didn't want a big cannon stick'n out and frighten a motorist. Something more to add to the bad reputation we have already......LOL

I'd rather be riding my Bike think'n about God than be in Church think'n about my Bike.

"Da PrOwLeR"
Unread
  (#13)
Silence... I keeeel you

April 19, 2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagg87t View Post
Hey Thanks Fellaz for the input!!! I decided to roll with the Glock 27 due to how compact it is......*Winks* recieved my Utah Concealed Weapons Permit and thought this would be a nice lil compact gun to have on me while I'm out of town on the bonk....didn't want a big cannon stick'n out and frighten a motorist. Something more to add to the bad reputation we have already......LOL
You do know Maryland does not honor out of state concealed permits right?

Your Utah permit will allow you to carry in nearby states (VA, PA, DE) but not the peoples republic of marylandistan

EDIT: I read your post wrong. I thought it said "out on the town" instead of "out of town" Leaving post as information in case someone else didn't know the law.

Then again... That's just me.

On the internet... Everyone is an expert.

And now...The dancing Banana:

Last edited by drnknmnky13; April 19, 2012 at 06:07 AM..
Unread
  (#14)
just some dude

April 19, 2012, 07:12 AM

How would you carry it in the first place to get it outside of the MD border without concealing it? Thought MD had strict laws even on open carry transport? I'd like to know in case I ever need to pass thru the state.

2013 Toyota Prius C4, holding up traffic...
2009 FZ1 (R-77 carbon exhaust, PC V, BMC air filter, D-shaped 'flies, chopped airbox and AIS, FCE; SW-Motech toprack and quick-release siderack, E55 topcase, pair of V35 sidecase, Woodcraft frame sliders)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to novasquid Send a message via AIM to novasquid  
Unread
  (#15)
Your Ad Here

April 19, 2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novasquid
How would you carry it in the first place to get it outside of the MD border without concealing it? Thought MD had strict laws even on open carry transport? I'd like to know in case I ever need to pass thru the state.
So long as it's unloaded, the magazines unloaded, neither directly on your person - you can carry the gun in a backpack, tank bag, or pannier. It would be considered transport and not concealment.

The cavaet is that your travel must be direct and uninterrupted, that is to say you must follow the shortest route to the state line or your destination in Maryland and are not supposed to make stops along the way, technically not even for gas.