DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 557
1 members and 556 guests
nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Putting your phone numbers in your posts..Just an FYI.
Unread
  (#1)
BE ENCOURAGED!

Putting your phone numbers in your posts..Just an FYI. - June 21, 2009, 01:50 PM

I have noticed a trend lately where people are putting their phone numbers in their threads and asking people to "Hit them up" if they want to ride, or meet for something.

While there is no site rule about this, and I am not aiming this at any specific person or group, I just thought I would put a little reminder out there.

This site is seen by hundreds, if not thousands of people a week. You don't have to be a member to view the threads. Look to the left at the "Online Users" box and you will see how many people are logged in at any given time as well as guests.

While we have no real control over the actions of our members off this site, keep in mind we have NO control or knowledge of the actions of "Guests".

With todays technology, there are ways to track your exact location using your cell phone number with GPS type programs. Just perfect for the twisted mind of a stalker. or WORSE!

So do as you like, again there is no site rule you are violating, but I thought I would just give you this friendly reminder, because all of as on the staff at DCSBN care and want to see you coming back and enjoying the site!

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?

Last edited by GUZZ; June 21, 2009 at 01:52 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#2)
Give me the Ban Button!

June 21, 2009, 02:39 PM

good post Guzz

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#3)
where the good spotz at ?

June 21, 2009, 02:42 PM

you need very little information to obtain someones address and phone numbers ... prolly helps not to post them ...but if they want it, they will get it

DBR 4 Life
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to kidcycle Send a message via AIM to kidcycle  
Unread
  (#4)
Don't ask me,I'm Canadian

June 21, 2009, 02:47 PM

867-5309

Call me

ALL MY HEROES ARE RUSSIAN...GO CAPS!

Well you see, Norm, itís like thisÖA herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.-Cliff Claven

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Can't Find the Ditch

June 21, 2009, 03:08 PM

If you dont get this, your not old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H5OH View Post
867-5309

Call me
Unread
  (#6)
drop out

June 21, 2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H5OH View Post
867-5309

Call me
hey man what area code though?
Unread
  (#7)
BE ENCOURAGED!

June 21, 2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobrains View Post

If you dont get this, your not old.
that's because.....

"JENNY DON'T RIDE!!!"

Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#8)
Give me the Ban Button!

June 21, 2009, 03:24 PM

somebody just sold that number on ebay not to long ago dont remember what area code it was

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

June 21, 2009, 04:52 PM

You're being paranoid.

Unless you're a really hot chick, no one cares enough about you to stock you "or WORSE" - whatever that means.

That said, I do think you should make it a rule. If someone has a ride they want to invite random people on, they should disclose all the info in their post instead of fishing for emails/meetup site signups/etc.
Unread
  (#10)
BE ENCOURAGED!

June 21, 2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witold View Post
You're being paranoid.
Really? Ask some of the ladies on this site about some of the PM's they have gotten suggesting sexual advances from some of the "Boys" on this site.

I learned about this the hard way. A few years back I used to flirt with just about all the ladies on this site because I thought it was fun and never expected people to take me serious. You have no idea the PM's I go telling me about some of the serious crap that goes on in PM's and the sexual advances.

As a result of this you RARELY see me say anything flirtatious to anyone unless they are a really good friend of mine and even then it is rare now.

Paranoid? Maybe...but better safe than sorry. Again it is just a suggestion and not a rule. Thank you for your input.

Unread
  (#11)
done for now...

June 21, 2009, 05:08 PM

Deh want to rape me

Turkish always posting this.
Unread
  (#12)
poz top looking 4 neg bot

June 21, 2009, 05:14 PM

wat

buttseckz?

horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you
Unread
  (#13)
Track Ho

June 21, 2009, 05:16 PM

I got dibs on the next ride

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"
Unread
  (#14)
Groping is a skill...

June 21, 2009, 06:06 PM

Yes yes I want to Dennis... Yes I do...

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
TPG

June 21, 2009, 07:59 PM

not to mention you might find an ad in the gay section of craigslist personals with your phone number on it