DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 576
4 members and 572 guests
CCS762ZX6, davidcycle, ReasonableDoubt, RRonin
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
A question for the police...
Unread
  (#1)
SIN MC President

A question for the police... - May 8, 2007, 09:47 AM

..or someone who knows more about this stuff, anyways here's my situation from this past weekend:

I park my car out in the street (metered parking). I come back and there was a dent in my door with hair & blood all over it.. apparently something died on my car. But I didn't hit anything on the way there. . no note, no nothing!!!I find out that someone hit a deer which in turn was slammed into my car. My question: Who owes me MONEY for damages?!?

who do I call to find out who the cock-sucker is that left without leaving me any notice whatsoever? Animal Control? They are the ones that collected the deer from what I heard..and the person who hit that deer had to have sustained somedamage to his car.

I took photos just in case that day...and WTF was a deer doing in the middle of Crystal City?

#22 TOTNAC
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS MC

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Repping WPNR is Tennessee

Location: GOOD OL' ROCKY TOP...ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE...GO VOLS!!!!!!!!
May 8, 2007, 09:50 AM

WTF IS A DEER DOING IN THE MIDDLE OF CRYSTAL CITY.....

i would call the police first and see if anyone called in the accident (the one that hit the deer, not your car).......and if they have no answers....then call animal control. If no one reported it.....then im sorry to say bro, u might be facked.

RIP...Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg WE MISS YOU BUDDY!!!

WulfPakRydaz- Strength in Numbers

Cause thats how we roll......
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to PimpD  
Unread
  (#3)
Like a clown car on fire

May 8, 2007, 09:55 AM

Well, you can call your local police station and ask if anybody reported hitting a deer in your area and if animal control came by to pick it up. If they have a record of someone hitting it around the right time, you can then file a police report of them causing your damage. If they don't know who hit the deer you can still file a report as a hit and run.

Most deer hits are hit and runs, and in this specific case, your insurance would treat it that way. If you have the police report with a name, then your insurance can go after them for the damages.

Most likely you won't get a name, so it will just go against your comprehensive car insurance, assuming you have it. If you don't have insurance on it, you're probably outta luck on this one.

-Chloroform-
For when she doesn't know she wants it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Thwack  
Unread
  (#4)
Ling Long

May 8, 2007, 09:59 AM

You should be able to make a comprehensive claim as well which won't affect your rates.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#5)
SIN MC President

May 8, 2007, 10:02 AM

I have insurance, but I'm quite hesitant to claim it since I don't feel like having it go up any higher.... ugh!

#22 TOTNAC
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS MC

Unread
  (#6)
Ling Long

May 8, 2007, 10:03 AM

It would be a comprehensive claim. With most insurance companies that won't affect your rates, but you might want to double check with your carrier and make sure first.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#7)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

May 8, 2007, 10:07 AM

That is the first time I have seen a deer in C city.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#8)
Site Admin

May 8, 2007, 10:14 AM

dunno man..

i think the deer got off the wrong exit of the freeway.
Unread
  (#9)
Site ADMIN

May 8, 2007, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMatt
You should be able to make a comprehensive claim as well which won't affect your rates.

wrong...wrong...wrong..

Any claim will affect your rates. sorry, that is life. By how much is what is dependant on the ins company.

Myke, do what Jose said, otherwise its on you buddy. sorry...

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#10)
singin sweet home alabama

May 8, 2007, 10:32 AM

If this is your first claim or you've only made a couple claims spaced far far apart, it typically doesn't affect your rates - this is true for most ins companies.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#11)
Site ADMIN

May 8, 2007, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8
If this is your first claim or you've only made a couple claims spaced far far apart, it typically doesn't affect your rates - this is true for most ins companies.
see post above yours...

dont make me dig up old threads from folks that are/used to be ins agents..

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#12)
MSF Student

May 8, 2007, 10:39 AM

It may not affect your current rates but it will definately have an impact if you ever change insurance companies. A switch will make them go back 5 years and check for incidents. Anything where the insurance company had to pay $$$ counts as one (even windshield replacement). Eiree wouldn't even accept me as a customer a few years back because I had 3 incidents.
Unread
  (#13)
Site ADMIN

May 8, 2007, 10:41 AM

when your current ins company decides to reasses your acct, that is when it is affected. some dont do it but once every few years, some do it every 6 months.. regardless, it sux that they ping you for any incident on your record.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#14)
Ling Long

May 8, 2007, 10:43 AM

I've had my company for 8 years now and my rates have never gone up for a comprehensive claim... they went up a little when I totalled the bike though

U
C
Lots of
Asians
Unread
  (#15)
SIN MC President

May 8, 2007, 11:03 AM

Thanks all...*sigh*... I guess I'm keeping the BMW for awhile...forget trying to sell it now... It's not a HUGE dent... it's just long and shallow (about 7 inches across)... and then there's a tiny dent along the front of the rear wheel well.. photos soon... the deer was apparently lodged underneath my car too... WTF is Animal Control still being closed?! it's almost noon?!

#22 TOTNAC
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS MC