DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 498
2 members and 496 guests
2blueyam, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Question for Sprint Smartphone users ... blackberry pearl 8130
Unread
  (#1)
Noob, 07 600rr

Question for Sprint Smartphone users ... blackberry pearl 8130 - May 21, 2008, 11:16 AM

Has anyone here switched from the Palm Treo 700p to a Blackberry Pearl 8130?

I'm thinking about switching but I'm not sure how the keyboard works on the Blackberry. Some loves it and says it's easy to type, some hates it. I love the full keyboard on the Treo because I do a lot of texting, web surfing and emailing. Not to mention the Treo has a generouse screen, size-wise. But I'm starting to hate the sheer bulk and weight of the Treo and the call quality (from what I've read online) is way better on the Blackberry.

What have your experiences been like with the Blackberry (any Blackberry)?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Ninja in Training....

May 21, 2008, 11:34 AM

I have had 3 different blackberry's I have only had problems with one but got that swapped out. Its a little different as you do at times have to worry about the blackberry being slow to process but that depends on how many messages you keep on it and if you have the ability to add a memory card to it. The quality is pretty good and clear. I have the pearl right now which works great. Sound quality is good and the speakerphone is great in my opinion. Only thing is depending how well you text and how much you text the Pearl's keyboard can be bothersome because it is so damn small.

- Craig

If you don't know go ask yo momma

'04 R1 aka "The Bastard"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to roadrunner78 Send a message via AIM to roadrunner78