DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 560
0 members and 560 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
DT
Yesssssss.....

July 9, 2005, 12:28 AM

You all know I love all of you - consider a lot of people on this board my second family - dysfunctional as we all are...

Just wanted to say that I've noticed a lot of every day things on here which people whine about and God knows I do the same - it's easy to get caught up in the mix and forget that you are only a small dot in the big scheme of things...

But with London's newest happenings I thought it would be fitting:

The next time you want to post something up about your every day life (i.e. speeders... whatever) just sit back, think for a second and remember this... My God - someone my age who could have been sitting in this desk doing my job is now getting shot at for 20k a year... They might not make it home...

Perhaps this is too much - maybe just a moment of silence in appreciation for those who have served, those who are serving now and those who will.

You drive to work, pick up your cup of coffee at starbucks, complaining to yourself that the guy at the counter is taking too long, or the coffee isn't made just right, or the traffic sucks this morning and you're going to be late AGAIN, but who cares you hate your boss and blah, blah blah blah blah... But everything will be made right come happy hour while amongst friends right???

Just remember that someone like you is out in the desert, sweating their ass off - working 14-22 hour days for 1/4 of your paycheck, hasn't seen a happy hour or their family in almost a year if not more and the only thing they care about is that they WISH THEY WERE SITTING IN TRAFFIC WITH THEIR STARBUCKS COMPLAINING ABOUT SPEEDING BIKES - because to be honest, they are the reason that you and I are sitting here and have the time to type such worthless crap up.

So take a few seconds and thank a soldier for your freedom which you take granted for every single moment of every single day.

And to all of my vets and current military - thank you. I too am just as guilty of taking my freedom's for granted, but I'd like to thank SGT Jeremy Golden of the 3rd ID for giving me that swift kick in the nuts I deserved for forgetting why I am here. God Bless.

04 600RR - SOLD

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton Jr
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Unread
  (#2)
Silence... I keeeel you

July 9, 2005, 01:06 AM

+1

I agree...thanks to all that are fighting for our freedom.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
ISO a Sugar Mama

July 9, 2005, 02:23 AM

I am very thankful DT. 19 more days till you come home. Right on.

"Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us." Dragula.

Canon shooter
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Rolex006  
Unread
  (#4)
Taking 1 Day At A Time...

July 9, 2005, 05:16 AM

We know how it is Chris...

2003 Yamaha R1: Street - Current
1971 Norton: Street - Current
1990 Suzuki GSX-R 1100: Track - Sold
1989 Suzuki GSX-R 750: Track - Sold

"Our Country is that spot which our heart is bound."

"When you are hungry, it is foolish to hunt a tiger when there are plenty of sheep to be had."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Kasper Send a message via AIM to Kasper  
Unread
  (#5)
Retired to most ...

July 9, 2005, 07:45 AM

As pior military I second this. Be as safe as you can out there DT!! Hurry home.

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#6)
Spike

July 9, 2005, 07:58 AM

Chris that was great. Thank you. Sometimes we all need a reminder and you come home safe my man.

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#7)
Asphalt, its what it is

July 9, 2005, 12:30 PM

Right On!!
Unread
  (#8)
What's today? aah fuck it

July 9, 2005, 01:03 PM

Amen to that brotha...
Unread
  (#9)
i like to make toilet

July 9, 2005, 02:36 PM

well put DT
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
Licensed Rider

July 9, 2005, 02:40 PM

I know you pain my brother. I have done my time in the big litter box as we called it. Just the other day I was looking at my cover from when I was there. I got all the guys I made it through with to sign it. I wish you the best while you are there and definitely my prayers are with you and your family. What some people fail to realize is that their is a war going on over there but when you return you are still fighting. Fighting to regain your sanity and your family. Being gone that long does something to your wife and kids and it takes some time to get things back in order. I've served this country for 12 years now as a Marine not because it pays good, but because freedom is not free. The luxories we enjoy each day is not free as most think or believe. I want my children to be able to enjoy that same taste of freedom for the rest of their lives so that is why I chose to serve and will continue until my 20 years are up.

May God Bless you and keep you!

Country Boy with a City Boy's Attitude!

Riding is a Gift don't Abuse it!
Unread
  (#11)
BE ENCOURAGED!

July 9, 2005, 07:53 PM

Here's an idea!!!

Howz about we save the DRAMA for your MAMA,

and the Moanin' & Groanin' for your sex receptical.

and just...............................

FUCKING RIDE!!!!!!!!!

SO LET IT BE WRITTEN.....SO LET IT BE DONE.

Case Dismissed

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#12)
Got my Permit

July 10, 2005, 12:02 AM

+10000000000 great post bro

When Life Gets Predictable, It Gets Boring
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to TerpGuy82  
Unread
  (#13)
Will ride for food

July 10, 2005, 03:54 PM

i agree 100% but yea its still hard somtimes. In russia we are still in the same situation with chechnia. People party dring and dont understand that there are kids 18 or so dieng. My friend was lost to that forsaken war. I am respect millitary and every man/woman who go serve a country. They are all true heros.

Guts and Glory
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to maxim03 Send a message via Yahoo to maxim03