DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 555
2 members and 553 guests
beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Signed up for Track Days!

April 18, 2005, 01:01 AM

I just need to get it out.
I know I donít post often, so this thread will probably bore you, but I just need to talk.
Read it or not, I donít care. Plus its 1:30 AM on a Sunday and Iím drinking.
Tomorrow, or todayÖ.which everÖ..is the anniversary
Have you ever had a best friend? Someone you would stay up late and talk to? I mean hours, just sit there for hours, talking about everything and nothing? Thatís what my dad was to me.
Everybody says Iím just like him. Stubborn, hard headed, opinionated. They say itís like watching his ghost take over a body.
Cancer is a bitch.
He was the type of dad every kid should have. Coached our little leagues, was president of our boys and girls club. 6í4Ē he seemed like a giant to us. He could grab us by an arm and a leg and swing us in circles. Truly felt like flying. Taught me I could do almost anything a boy could do. Throw knives, shoot guns, work construction. It all made me strong, but kept the boys at bay. (haha) Taught me everything is ok in moderation. Never heard of a dad tell his kid that before. I felt privileged. I remember him telling me ďbefore you buy the car, test drive itĒ and he wasnít talking about cars. I laughed my ass off. Speaking of which (not really), to teach me to parallel park, he had me drive down into DC to practiceÖ.in his suburban. I learned REAL quick how to do it right.
He was just a cool ass dad. I wish he were still here to laugh with me.
When he died, they told me God needed a few good Marines up in heaven. Nice thought, makes me smile.
I had hoped he would take the MSF class with me. I know he would have. He used to ride. We would have had the best time. Then gone on Sunday rides. Not enough time.
I was going through a drawer in his old desk. Came across his license plate for his Triumph. Registered April 10, 1980. Registered my first bike April 9, 2004. Nice coincidence.
Anyway, I miss you so much dad.
Someday Iíll be over it.
Guess not today.
Thanks for listening. (i'm goin back to )

Sara

wtf mate?
04 FZ6
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Kink  
Unread
  (#2)
Licensed Rider

April 18, 2005, 02:06 AM

It's never easy to lose someone, especially someone who is such a big part of your life. The thing that has gotten me through my loss is that I believe they are still with us, watching, laughing and shaking their heads as they had throughout the course of our lives. I don't think coincidence is a random thing, rather it is a way for those we love, and still hold true in our mind's eye, to show us that they are looking out for us. Sounds to me like he is right there with you, and looking forward to the MSF course.

We have never met, and I apologize if my words, unsolicited as they were, hurt you in any way. I hope that someday I too am afforded the honor of being one of the few...called upon to guard the pearly gates. God bless you and yours.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Marine2651 Send a message via MSN to Marine2651  
Unread
  (#3)
BE ENCOURAGED!

April 18, 2005, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newninjagirl
to teach me to parallel park, he had me drive down into DC to practiceÖ.in his suburban. I learned REAL quick how to do it right.
That's freaking awesome! They should make that a driving test requirement

Nice write up Sara. I'm sure your Dad is watching you from above and is very proud.

"Semper Fi"

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#4)
rushin' the waves

April 18, 2005, 08:20 AM

I am really sorry about your father. I completely understand about losing a father, I grew up without mine and had mine lost to cancer as well at a young age. Just keep the wonderful memories close to your heart and he will always be with you.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to mybabyninja82  
Unread
  (#5)
where the good spotz at ?

April 18, 2005, 09:32 AM

RIP......

DBR 4 Life
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to kidcycle Send a message via AIM to kidcycle  
Unread
  (#6)
Super Moderator

April 18, 2005, 03:33 PM

Sounds like your dad was quite a guy!

I lost my mom 6 years ago to cancer. Although I think about her and miss her every day, it's always a little harder on the anniversary date.
On days where I miss my mom more than others, i just have to remind myself that although my mom died when she was 52, at least i was lucky enough to have such an awesome mom until I was 26 years old. I have so many memories that constantly bring a smile to my face.

But like others have said, your dad will always be with you...watching over you and smiling at what an awesome chickie you've become. And I don't doubt that he's watching you on your bike and thinking to himself "Damn, look at her go...that's my girl!"

~Kim
CCS# 827
01 GSXR1000
01 SV650S

I'm ADOS: Attention Deficit Oooooohhhhh ... Shiny!!!

Life's a BITCH. 'Cause if it was a slut, it'd be easy.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to kevers  
Unread
  (#7)
GP Racer

April 18, 2005, 04:06 PM

What a cool Dad!

Although you lost him, you are soo lucky that you had him around for as long as you did. From your post I can tell you already know this. My "father" is alive and well and lives about 15 minutes from me, yet I haven't seen him since I was 8 years old (which is awhile ago).

Cool post, thanks for sharing!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to Busamac70