DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 494
5 members and 489 guests
drt_Jumper, GRN96WS6, Heist, HotRod1200, R6SP
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 04:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
RAM Trucks: Had no damn Idea Dodge Split its Truck Division
Unread
  (#1)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Exclamation RAM Trucks: Had no damn Idea Dodge Split its Truck Division - November 5, 2018, 10:26 PM

Ill be in the market for a new pick up truck (Nissan Frontier 2020), but saw the new new Ram trucks and was like...shit is hot.

While looking at the 2019 I noticed not a single dodge name plate and looked up Dodge Ram and everything came back Ram Trucks. I saw in a group that they might have done this to save over all EPA gas mileage something or another.

Anyway, I love the way the new Ram Trucks look and all the new features.

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#2)
Railing!

November 6, 2018, 06:17 AM

I still call them Dodge Rams.

2010 Triumph Street Triple R
2008 Triumph Street Triple (track)
2010 Triumph Bonneville
2016 Triumph Thruxton R
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
I'm a llama again!

November 6, 2018, 01:33 PM

I really like the RAM trucks but one thing that could keep me from ever owning them is the keypad entry that Ford offers. It might sound silly but once you have it, you use it all the time.

Yeah I am old enough to know better. Thing is, I just don't care.
Unread
  (#4)
Your Ad Here

November 6, 2018, 02:25 PM

FIAT broke down Chrysler after they acquired it about a decade ago.

Dodge spunoff RAM and SRT into their own stand-alone brands & divisions.

Chrysler stays the same.

Plymouth was ended.

Frankly, I have no clue what this serves to accomplish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
I really like the RAM trucks but one thing that could keep me from ever owning them is the keypad entry that Ford offers. It might sound silly but once you have it, you use it all the time.

Ford's had this since the early 90's but with the advent of proximity keys, and now phone apps, I don't necessarily see the overarching benefit and longer. Just one more thing to fail or not work.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Racer

RAM Trucks: Had no damn Idea Dodge Split its Truck Division - November 6, 2018, 05:12 PM

Like any of the big 3 you have good experiences and not good, I had a '15 ram and thankfully it was a lease and I couldn't wait to turn it in, the transmission was never right in it, it never left me stranded but it never shifted right to me. Dealer said it was fine, of course.

I doubt I'd ever give em another chance.

Tommy

MSF Graduate 9-25-05
13 DRZ400SM Sold 6-21-16
06 R6 Raven Sold 4-23-15
Unread
  (#6)
TNT
GP Champ

November 7, 2018, 01:21 AM

I still love my 07 Ford Ranger, crank windows, no power locks, standard transmission. I like small trucks, just big enough to haul the stuff I need, but small enough to fit in any normal parking spot.

If I was going to get another one, I'd probably go for a Tacoma, as long as their build quality is still good. After seeing the Top Gear on the Hilux destruction tests, I was quite impressed.

Last edited by TNT; November 7, 2018 at 01:23 AM..
Unread
  (#7)
Your Ad Here

November 7, 2018, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRN96WS6 View Post
Like any of the big 3 you have good experiences and not good, I had a '15 ram and thankfully it was a lease and I couldn't wait to turn it in, the transmission was never right in it, it never left me stranded but it never shifted right to me. Dealer said it was fine, of course.

I doubt I'd ever give em another chance.

Chrysler product transmission have always been unrefined and a dire weak point.

The 6 speeds were poor, they made matters worse when they began using 8 speeds.

Read up on the 200C and Jeep issues.

Chrysler has always been the most 'German' of the American car makers.

Too much complicated, under tested engineering that is wonderful when it works - but never seems to work reliably or 100% as intended.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Railing!

November 7, 2018, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
If I was going to get another one, I'd probably go for a Tacoma, as long as their build quality is still good. After seeing the Top Gear on the Hilux destruction tests, I was quite impressed.
My first truck was a 98 Tacoma TRD w/the V6 and access cab. It was a good truck and pretty reliable. Had an issue with the ABS system that I never fixed. For as hard a life as it had before I owned it, I'd consider another. It held its value well too. Sold it for $1k less than I bought it for, 3 1/2 years later.

I bought an 07 Ridgeline to replace it and like it even more for my use case. Still just as reliable, but now with a bed that accommodates sheet goods laid flat, an infinitely better ride, better interior w/real seats, and the AWD is a lot more usable in day to day driving and in the snow. People like the in-bed trunk as well, but I rarely use it myself. It's also 60hp up on the Taco which is welcome around here. The RL is likely not as capable off road, but it's good enough for the girls I go out with. I'll probably replace it with another Ridgeline someday. The days of small trucks are dead. Thanks CAFE.

2010 Triumph Street Triple R
2008 Triumph Street Triple (track)
2010 Triumph Bonneville
2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Unread
  (#9)
I'm a llama again!

November 7, 2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post

Ford's had this since the early 90's but with the advent of proximity keys, and now phone apps, I don't necessarily see the overarching benefit and longer. Just one more thing to fail or not work.

They have I use it probably 3 to 4 times a week. I never carry my keys on me at work, if I need something from my truck I use it. If I am outside at home doing stuff and my keys are upstairs I use it. If my wife and I drive someplace to go for a run I use it. I really do use it all the time. But I am also super against having shit in my pockets.

Unread
  (#10)
Groping is a skill...

November 7, 2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Yep had it on my explorer like 20 years ago lol. It was awesome. Would always leave the keys in the car and get in and out with the pad.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
Always Tinkering

November 7, 2018, 07:08 PM

Proximity key is the best, i have it in my wallet and never take it out. Grab my phone and wallet in the moring and im good to go. Office and home are keyless entry as well.
The issue is my wifes van still uses keys and I am now occasionally forgetting to grab keys when I need to move the van or unlock it and having to run back inside... yes its incredibly stupid every time but you wouldn't believe how quickly you get used to not using keys.

As far as trucks looks, ram sold me on that a while ago... loved the looks, loved the power hated the issues. Never getting one again, I no longer drive a truck, but if I was going to pick one up it would be either the Titan or the Tundra. Nissan and Toyota seemed to just know how to make a reliable vehicle.
Unread
  (#12)
GP Racer

RAM Trucks: Had no damn Idea Dodge Split its Truck Division - November 7, 2018, 11:05 PM

What fucking keyless key is small to fit in a wallet.... Nope, don't buy it.

Tommy

MSF Graduate 9-25-05
13 DRZ400SM Sold 6-21-16
06 R6 Raven Sold 4-23-15
Unread
  (#13)
Always Tinkering

November 8, 2018, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRN96WS6 View Post
What fucking keyless key is small to fit in a wallet.... Nope, don't buy it.

Um, I guess get ready to have your mind blown...

This is my wallet.
Image-3959.jpg

This the side.
Image-7741.jpg

Open it up.
Image-5301.jpg

And there's keys inside!
Unread
  (#14)
I'm a llama again!

November 8, 2018, 09:47 AM

Dude your going to end up with back problems, that is a huge wallet. How much stuff do you need to carry around? I have ID, two credit cards and a lucky 2 dollar bill.

Unread
  (#15)
Always Tinkering

November 8, 2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Dude your going to end up with back problems, that is a huge wallet. How much stuff do you need to carry around? I have ID, two credit cards and a lucky 2 dollar bill.

Slider, it goes in my pocket...Back problems? Where did you think i was putting this?

I have my driving Id, my car key, entrance key fob, work cc, 2 personal ccs, sams club card, insurance card, bible verses to try to remind me not to be an asshole, and a thick piece of paper offseting the keyfob to keep it more flat. Oh and some reciepts and checks. Never any cash... Cash is usally in an envelope and I only bring it when i need it... pretty rarely.

Keep in mind my wallet is still half the size of my phone so its really not an issue for me at all.