DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 542
7 members and 535 guests
beatle, BigE, gvr4wd, RileysDad, Sal_the_man, t84a, Toecutter
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 04:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#46)
GP Champ

November 15, 2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Jeezuz....is that the new Excursion basically?

Im waiting on the all new Frontier to come out and starting to get scared on prices.

Ridgelines are high as hell... you can spend $48,000 on a top end Black edition (which looks awesome)

I think my budget will be $32-$38k range.
Yep, only not nearly as stout, more minivan than enclosed 3rd row seating truck. Everything has gotten out of hand man. A loaded f150 a fucking f150 is touching 75 grand now.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#47)
Your Ad Here

November 15, 2018, 07:49 PM

A loaded F-150 for $75K?!

Anyone who buys one should seek the financial advice of a qualified professional and after this, have a mental hygiene check.

Anyone who pays over $40K for a damn F-150 should probably do the same.

It's a fracking F-150 light duty half-ton, not a damn beast mobile.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#48)
GP Champ

November 15, 2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
A loaded F-150 for $75K?!

Anyone who buys one should seek the financial advice of a qualified professional and after this, have a mental hygiene check.

Anyone who pays over $40K for a damn F-150 should probably do the same.

It's a fracking F-150 light duty half-ton, not a damn beast mobile.
Yup, its stupid. 2019 f150 platinum with every option with the new diesel is 69,460 sticker. BASE MSRP for a platinum f150 is $59,000. Hell the XL with nothing in it, in 4x2 standard cab is $36k to START! You can almost touch $90k on a loaded f250/350 diesel now. Blue collar workers have been priced right the hell out.
Unread
  (#49)
GP Champ

November 15, 2018, 09:19 PM

Correction, its $71,480 with the diesel. 69,480 with the ecoboost.
Unread
  (#50)
No more 1050 :(

November 16, 2018, 12:48 AM

Truck prices are indeed silly, but that's largely because of all the goodies included with them now. The bare bones work truck is pretty much dead No manuals anywhere

I needed a fullsize truck a few years back, so traded my Frontier in for one. I have a 2014 Ram 1500, not too happy with it. Has the 8 speed auto, and that thing hunts for the gear it wants all the time. Doesn't shift when I want it to, shifts when I don't want it to. If I was to buy a new truck today it'd probably be the Tundra, kinda regret not getting that one.
The Ram is a lot more comfy than the Frontier for long trips, and gets better MPG though, so that's nice.

Oh, and the Tacoma is not a Hilux, nor is the new Ranger the same as the Ranger overseas. I wish they sold those two in the States.
Unread
  (#51)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

November 16, 2018, 10:40 AM

I would love a tundra...I just dont have the parking space in DC unless i get out and fold both mirrors and creep it into my driveway. Id probably have about 3 to 5 inchese on each side... I currently play that game with my G35 coupe parking in my garage built in 1923. My coupe is wider than my truck lol.

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#52)
No more 1050 :(

November 16, 2018, 07:10 PM

MPG on the Toyota trucks sucks, but they're reliable.
Unread
  (#53)
TNT
GP Champ

November 18, 2018, 12:47 AM

I was getting ready to prep my 07 Ranger for sale, because I now commute to work and got a Civic, but seeing as I won't be able to find a standard trans, no power windows, no power locks, only nicety in the Cab is A/C kind of truck anymore, I think I might just keep it.

Besides the random dent someone left in the wheel well fairing while it was parked in a nice MD suburb (no note, of course) one day, it's in good condition with only about 70k on it. I just am not going to be driving it enough to make the insurance and registration fees worth it, but I've got a couple of home improvement projects planned for this coming year and like being able to do big Lowe's runs with it.

Last edited by TNT; November 18, 2018 at 12:54 AM..
Unread
  (#54)
GP Champ

November 18, 2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
I was getting ready to prep my 07 Ranger for sale, because I now commute to work and got a Civic, but seeing as I won't be able to find a standard trans, no power windows, no power locks, only nicety in the Cab is A/C kind of truck anymore, I think I might just keep it.

Besides the random dent someone left in the wheel well fairing while it was parked in a nice MD suburb (no note, of course) one day, it's in good condition with only about 70k on it. I just am not going to be driving it enough to make the insurance and registration fees worth it, but I've got a couple of home improvement projects planned for this coming year and like being able to do big Lowe's runs with it.
If you do decide to sell let me know. Im looking for one for my 16 year old son as a first vehicle. He wants a diesel 7.3 f250 but I want to put him in something smaller first.
Unread
  (#55)
thanksfornothing.org

November 18, 2018, 07:51 PM

Cars are 50k now... I almost bought used then saw the prices. I said fuck it and bought my 2011 GMC 2500 crew cab SLT with almost all options for 62k using USAA discount. 0% for 72 months also helped convince me to buy new.

It's one hell of a truck and has given me zero problems.

Prices are fucking crazy but it seems build quality has improved... that said 8k more for a diesel was just too much. I'm still unsure if I regret not buying diesel...

Last edited by CCS762ZX6; November 18, 2018 at 07:55 PM..
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#56)
Your Ad Here

November 19, 2018, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS762ZX6 View Post
Cars are 50k now... I almost bought used then saw the prices. I said fuck it and bought my 2011 GMC 2500 crew cab SLT with almost all options for 62k using USAA discount. 0% for 72 months also helped convince me to buy new.

It's one hell of a truck and has given me zero problems.

Prices are fucking crazy but it seems build quality has improved... that said 8k more for a diesel was just too much. I'm still unsure if I regret not buying diesel...
Trucks, especially in the 3/4 ton and > categories, tend hold their pre-owned and residual values a little higher than their 1/2 ton category.

If you can find a finance package at 0% for 3 years, that's one of the few times it makes sense to buy new.

The upfront cost and extra maintenance points for diesel only delivers pay back if you're hauling/towing quite often or plan to hold onto the truck for more than 200K.

That's about it in my mind. The highway gas mileage caveat is moot. In a truck, the cruising MPG difference between modern direct injection gas engines and diesels is closer than ever and once you factor the higher price of diesel fuel, it's almost a wash altogether.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#57)
TNT
GP Champ

November 19, 2018, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_Jumper View Post
If you do decide to sell let me know. Im looking for one for my 16 year old son as a first vehicle. He wants a diesel 7.3 f250 but I want to put him in something smaller first.

Will do. F-250, crikey - I can't imagine shelling out to buy one, let alone fuel it every week. Small truck is definitely the way to go, in my opinion. Has done everything I've ever needed - cross-country camping trips, track days, almost a dozen DITY moves (yeah, multiple per year some years - sucked!).

Why does he want a 250? Does he just like hard-mode when it comes to parking?
Unread
  (#58)
Your Ad Here

November 19, 2018, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_Jumper View Post
As a first car at 16?!

LMAO. Nah, son.
Take the keys to this Taco and be blessed.

Unread
  (#59)
Railing!

November 20, 2018, 06:23 AM

Appropriate:

2010 Triumph Street Triple R
2008 Triumph Street Triple (track)
2010 Triumph Bonneville
2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Unread
  (#60)
GP Champ

November 20, 2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
Will do. F-250, crikey - I can't imagine shelling out to buy one, let alone fuel it every week. Small truck is definitely the way to go, in my opinion. Has done everything I've ever needed - cross-country camping trips, track days, almost a dozen DITY moves (yeah, multiple per year some years - sucked!).

Why does he want a 250? Does he just like hard-mode when it comes to parking?
Well the 7.3 will run forever and the rest of the truck is pretty solid, they can be had relatively cheap (under 15k with under 190k miles) and he can haul his dirtbikes and anything else he wants all while getting close to 20mpg highway.