DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 451
5 members and 446 guests
2blueyam, HotRod1200, legendindisguise, Sal_the_man, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
What's today? aah fuck it

October 14, 2004, 09:21 PM

Ramadan Kareem = Have a blessed month of Ramdan (in Arabic)

Ramadan is the ninth month of the Muslim calendar. It is during this month that Muslims observe the Fast of Ramadan. Lasting for the entire month, Muslims fast during the daylight hours and in the evening eat small meals and visit with friends and family. It is a time of worship and contemplation. A time to strengthen family and community ties.

In a nutshell, every year I try not to cuss, be obscene, offensive to anyone, and not do the durty .... .

So, you might notice that I won't post like I used to consider yourselves lucky for the next 30 days.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Knee Draggin!

October 14, 2004, 09:59 PM

Good for you! I'm glad to hear about folks who still take pride in thier religion. I'm not an overly religious person but I try to make it to church on Sundays and really absorb what is being preached and apply it to my everyday life. I think it builds a good moral structure for people who practice what they've learned from thier religion. So with that being said, Ramadan Kareem to you also Gixxer600! Resist the hobble-do-gee!
Unread
  (#3)

October 14, 2004, 11:10 PM

Thank you!!

The only thing I can't seem to resist are all these rides going on this weekend....they're gonna be brutal since I can't eat or drink.
Unread
  (#4)
DT
Yesssssss.....

October 15, 2004, 08:28 AM

Ramadan Kareem to you too Amer - and to any other Muslim riders out there that I don't know but might have missed.

Lifestyle during Ramadan (apart from the fasting) should not be any different than everyday practice, however, no one is perfect and I am the LAST person to ask about that since praying 5 times a day is still a daily struggle for me.

Other than that - may Allah bless your Ramadan Amer - for both our families and may you complete Ramadan with no hitches and may EID find you with many blessings and happiness.

Also - one of the reasons that Muslims fast during the month of Ramadan is because that is when the Quran was revealed to the Prophet Mohamed (PBUH). It is understood that if one fasts every day during Ramadan - prays every prayer, and Allah accepts both his/her fasting and prayers that all sins for the year past are forgiven. The only exceptions to the fasting rule are those who are sick, and/or pregnant/breastfeeding women.

Anyways, I could write pages on this so Ramadan Kareem.

04 600RR - SOLD

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton Jr
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Unread
  (#5)
ATTN INVESTORS!

October 15, 2004, 09:35 AM

thats cool. sounds like a good way to kind of reflect on the more important things in life.

can't say that i'm a very religious person....but i don't roll on Shabbas

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rekoniz  
Unread
  (#6)
DT
Yesssssss.....

October 15, 2004, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekoniz
thats cool. sounds like a good way to kind of reflect on the more important things in life.

can't say that i'm a very religious person....but i don't roll on Shabbas

Glad to see you're upholding this country's moral fiber Sean.

04 600RR - SOLD

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Unread
  (#7)

October 15, 2004, 10:04 AM

You're right Chris, one's lifestyle should not change just for the month of Ramadan. I need to work on that...I'm getting there.
Unread
  (#8)
DT
Yesssssss.....

October 15, 2004, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer600
You're right Chris, one's lifestyle should not change just for the month of Ramadan. I need to work on that...I'm getting there.
Hey bro - in NO way was this meant to imply anything bro - I AM THE LAST PERSON who would ever do that and I am the first in line to admit that I need more work than anyone.

Besides Amer - as far as what's on the inside goes, you are hands down, one of the BEST Muslims I know.

04 600RR - SOLD

Unread
  (#9)

October 15, 2004, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT
Quote:
Hey bro - in NO way was this meant to imply anything bro - I AM THE LAST PERSON who would ever do that and I am the first in line to admit that I need more work than anyone.

Besides Amer - as far as what's on the inside goes, you are hands down, one of the BEST Muslims I know.
Brotha, you have no idea how much repect I have for you. I'm flattered beyond belief. Thank you!
This calls for a
Unread
  (#10)
God of the Gaps

October 16, 2004, 04:57 AM

Quote:
It is during this month that Muslims observe the Fast of Ramadan.
I'm fast. I'm not religious though.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
Site Admin

October 16, 2004, 07:41 PM

sounds good to me...