DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 501
2 members and 499 guests
GRN96WS6, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rave: Colemans Falls Church. Yes, Colemans!
Unread
  (#1)
Nothing here

Rave: Colemans Falls Church. Yes, Colemans! - July 9, 2009, 11:47 AM

Ok, I have never been a fan since they refused to sell me an R1 8 years ago. I held a grudge ever since the sales man told me I was wasting his time by asking him what the price would be if I paid cash on the spot.

Fast forward to today. I had a particular problem with a specialized gas cap for my car of all things. To replace this custom gas cap would cost me about $300. It's a twist click motorcycle gas cap that was customized to fit my car. Wanting to save some loot I go to the parts counter with cap in hand and ask if there is anyway to repair it. Three minutes later and at ZERO cost, I'm solid.

Small things make a huge difference! Please forget all the terrible things I have said in the past. You made it up to me today Colemans.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Traction Control

July 9, 2009, 11:55 AM

what dealer would blow you off like that if you said "pay cash on the spot"? i thought in sales terms, that roughly translates to "take my money, it's going to be a fast easy sale", no?

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#3)
Nothing here

July 9, 2009, 11:56 AM

He thought I was just goofing around. So I walked out and went to champions and they gladly took my money.
Unread
  (#4)
Owner & Creator

July 9, 2009, 11:59 AM

They don't know about Travis. Travis = I'm VIP at colemans so I have nothing to say about the accessories department. Sales is another story
Unread
  (#5)
Slappa Da Baseeee , Mon'

July 9, 2009, 12:22 PM

accessories department and colemans fc is legit, donnie will hook it up. parts department there is awesome, two guys who work down there one's name is gary. he will help you with anything and everything you need. if you ask a stupid question he will give you a stupid answer, now sales there is a totally different story, as i have never actually bought a bike from there, i have talked to some of the guys including frank and they actually gave me some great info. but i can see how there ability to work with customers is far from good

-Phill-

2002 RC51-Ask and i will tell
1977 Harley-Davidson FLH (gettin a face lift)
2006 cbr1000rr-(sold)
2000 929- (sold)
2002 R1- (sold)

chumchum: my front is stiff and my rear is lose

#452-LE: I feel like jelly....... cauz jam dont shake like this!!

----------Alexandria, Va----------
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to blushin  
Unread
  (#6)
No paparazzi please

July 9, 2009, 12:25 PM

Ditto.. while I didn't buy the parts from there, Josh (services, works at WB too)got me a great deal that was just not great enough, but still a great discount compared to what everyone else was telling me.

'08 600rr - motofans custom fairings, crg, akra, puig db, watsens, audi, iwin, tripage fe & gas cap, r&g, ddm hid's

PS3: HighlyFavored420
Unread
  (#7)
I hate Hybrid drivers

July 9, 2009, 12:30 PM

I'm not a believer yet. They are still on my poopie list.
Unread
  (#8)
AMA Superbike Champ

July 9, 2009, 12:56 PM

I bought my bike there last May from Frank (RIP). They told me an out the door price, and when I came to sign the docs and cut them a check, the price had gone up over 1K. Apparently when they say "out the door" they mean the price you're paying before all the taxes and additional charges. I was furious, but had just got the M on my license, got dropped off with all my gear, had my camera in hand to take pictures, so I just paid it and vowed never to buy a bike from them ever again. But I'm glad to hear their accessories dept knows how to treat a customer.

'08 CBR 600RR
'04 CBR 600RR track
www.MohawkRyderz.com
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MatDady1  
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

July 9, 2009, 01:13 PM

I pop in there every few years to see if anything had changed. I never had a good experience.
Unread
  (#10)
Pleased to meet me

July 9, 2009, 01:28 PM

I've posted true negative stuff about them in the past. To this day I always know more about the bikes than the salesperson. Would I let them touch a motor? No.

During the last 12 months me and my buddies have been bringing in wheels for tire changes. From vintage stuff to new stuff. They change it for $33 total during lunch. I'm happy with them for now.
Unread
  (#11)
where the good spotz at ?

July 9, 2009, 01:33 PM

i only have dealt with there parts dept .....

stand up people so far

DBR 4 Life
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to kidcycle Send a message via AIM to kidcycle  
Unread
  (#12)
done for now...

July 9, 2009, 01:34 PM

Maybe I should start selling there again. I never bs'd people. I do need a job :thinking:
Unread
  (#13)
Knee Draggin!

July 9, 2009, 01:44 PM

I go into that place all the time. They're only friendly if I have a helmet or a girl with me. It's ok though. I wouldn't help me if I saw me walk into a store, benajmins falling out of my pocket..

Seriously though, the sales ppl I've run into aren't very nice if i cage it there. But I have nothing but good things to say about accessories and parts. They always at least acknowledge my existence.

i dont care
Unread
  (#14)
Nothing here

July 9, 2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJtheFlip View Post
I go into that place all the time. They're only friendly if I have a helmet or a girl with me. It's ok though. I wouldn't help me if I saw me walk into a store, benajmins falling out of my pocket..

Seriously though, the sales ppl I've run into aren't very nice if i cage it there. But I have nothing but good things to say about accessories and parts. They always at least acknowledge my existence.
Oh yes. I left that part out. I was with a smoking hot woman.
Unread
  (#15)
yut ugh!

July 9, 2009, 02:16 PM

They're sales is shit. They gave me an out the door price that was over 2 grand higher than what champion got me out with on my 09 R6. Accessories is great, Rick helped me out a ton and their Parts guys seem to know everything. Great last minute spot for Parts/Accessories.

2009 Yamaha R6 Raven
2005 Yamaha R6 Raven - Stolen