DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 564
0 members and 564 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
The reason I wouldn't mind carrying a gun sometimes
Unread
  (#1)
B
It goes to 11.

The reason I wouldn't mind carrying a gun sometimes - November 20, 2006, 04:15 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/18/mar....ap/index.html

The off-duty agent was in the Westfield Annapolis mall with his family at about 7:15 Saturday night when he saw a group of about eight young males acting disorderly in the food court area, police said. When he saw several of them assault another, he intervened and tried to stop it.

One of the people involved in the altercation pulled out a handgun and shot the agent, who then drew his service weapon, shouted that he was a police officer and fired back, police said. The suspect was shot twice in the upper body and apprehended by police officers.

These idiots would shoot and kill someone keeping them from beating the hell out of someone. Too many stupid people walking around armed... good thing gansta's cant shoot for shit.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#2)
Officially Addicted to Posting

November 20, 2006, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrben
...good thing gansta's cant shoot for shit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U-hbzigUqc
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

November 20, 2006, 04:32 PM

Can you imagine that happening to your father/spouse? The agent was there with his family.
Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer

November 20, 2006, 05:14 PM

i live in annapolis and its an ongoing thing. 2 different hoods having beefs with eachother carried over from fights in school they believe. there have been several arrests at annapolis high school this year with kids from the 2 hoods fighting in school etc... and the parents of the kids arrested say its not as serious as the police make it. well fridays incident proves otherwise.

Rampage "Why you got one shoe on and one shoe off?"
Rashad "Cause i was ready to break one off in your mother****ing ass!"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to FUNx1000  
Unread
  (#5)
Railing!

November 20, 2006, 05:26 PM

And I thought Annapolis Westfield Mall was fairly safe.

Forceofnature

Which is worse: ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?
It's easy to identify people who can't count to ten. They're in front of you in the supermarket express lane.
Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is.
Unread
  (#6)
Site ADMIN

November 20, 2006, 06:44 PM

Anyone ever been to springfield mall?

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

November 20, 2006, 07:32 PM

Ya'll can talk all you want.

My ex was held up by a guy with a bb gun. The guy wanted nothing more than money for drugs. She had none. She had a bottle of wine in one hand and a news paper in the other. My sister in law was waiting in the car 30 feet away with the lights on and engine running. My ex is skilled in martial arts and froze looking down the barrel.

She also has a CCP and had a .357 in her coat pocket. (easy access , shoot throught the coat) She also had a few defensive shooting lessons from one FCPD's finest and Police Olympic Gold medalist. I am all for it, but it doesn't make you Superman!
Unread
  (#8)
BE ENCOURAGED!

November 20, 2006, 08:03 PM

You bring up a very valid point Space. Carrying a gun isn't the entire picture. You have to decide to use it and take a life if necessary to protect your own. With all the things that go through your mind in an intense situation, this is never an easy decision. Plus no matter if it is self defense, if you kill the person you are still going to face a Grand Jury to decide whether you face charges or not.

I subscribe to 8 different gun magazines, as well as belong to numerous guns forums and there are often articles about people that carry and freeze when the time comes. I have my CHP and I train & train & train, almost daily with my handguns and know what may capabilities are. Fortuntely my passion is guns and I probably would be able to identify it as a BB gun and would have been able to make the right choice. But you never know.

I am a huge advocate of the Second Amendment, and the right for all non-felon citizens of this country to carry if that is their desire. I also preach & preach gun safety, and PROPER training and frequent practice. With a gun comes a HUGE responsibilty.

Should any of you have any questions regarding getting your Concealed Handgun Permit, or need help in doing so, please don't hesitiate to ask me. I am always willing to help those that are SERIOUS to find the proper training and learn proper gun safety.

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

November 20, 2006, 08:18 PM

Guz

In the heat of the moment she did not recognize that it was a bb gun. It was also dark. However, as soon as she made it to safety and played it back in her mind she knew it was a bb gun. Then she was pissed that she didn't drop everything and kick the shit out of him.

He was caught later that night with the bb gun. He robbed a few people and attempted to rob a few more, I think 6 was the total.
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

November 20, 2006, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
Anyone ever been to springfield mall?
Yeah man. Not the same place I grew up in. Went to HS across the street at Lee. Hear its a war zone now.
Unread
  (#11)
is terrified of clowns

November 20, 2006, 08:42 PM

everyone should just move to shepherdstown with me. then we could make it www.sheptownsportbikes.net and id have some people to ride with.

'bad news, its open season on chumps, and i just got my permit'

The Graveyard
-2001 ZX6R: SOLD
The Garage
-2002 F4i streetfighter: it wins shit
-2007 REPSOL: pure giggity
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to saki-bomb  
Unread
  (#12)
Former Rock Star

November 20, 2006, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUZZLER
You bring up a very valid point Space. Carrying a gun isn't the entire picture. You have to decide to use it and take a life if necessary to protect your own. With all the things that go through your mind in an intense situation, this is never an easy decision. Plus no matter if it is self defense, if you kill the person you are still going to face a Grand Jury to decide whether you face charges or not.

I subscribe to 8 different gun magazines, as well as belong to numerous guns forums and there are often articles about people that carry and freeze when the time comes. I have my CHP and I train & train & train, almost daily with my handguns and know what may capabilities are. Fortuntely my passion is guns and I probably would be able to identify it as a BB gun and would have been able to make the right choice. But you never know.

I am a huge advocate of the Second Amendment, and the right for all non-felon citizens of this country to carry if that is their desire. I also preach & preach gun safety, and PROPER training and frequent practice. With a gun comes a HUGE responsibilty.

Should any of you have any questions regarding getting your Concealed Handgun Permit, or need help in doing so, please don't hesitiate to ask me. I am always willing to help those that are SERIOUS to find the proper training and learn proper gun safety.

"there can't be 2 number 1's, that'd be 11!"
~Eric
(The Irish Guy) R.I.P
Unread
  (#13)
singin sweet home alabama

November 20, 2006, 11:11 PM

ugh... this is one of those subjects I just don't have any answers or suggestions for. For a guy who has an elaborate opinion on everything like I do... that's saying something.

I'm now in the gun owner crowd and I'm about as far as you get from being a "gun enthusiast".

One thing though Guz, deciding to take a life wouldn't even be something that pops into my mind. I value myself & my family to such an extent that some POS gangsta doesn't even come up on the radar as a person as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure I'd be scared as hell and not be able to aim for shit, but the value of my assailant's life is zero if my life or my lives of my family members are at risk. Don't even have to think about it. Is that really something common in articles you've read?

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#14)
What's today? aah fuck it

November 21, 2006, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris2
nice find

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8
One thing though Guz, deciding to take a life wouldn't even be something that pops into my mind. I value myself & my family to such an extent that some POS gangsta doesn't even come up on the radar as a person as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure I'd be scared as hell and not be able to aim for shit, but the value of my assailant's life is zero if my life or my lives of my family members are at risk. Don't even have to think about it. Is that really something common in articles you've read?
exactly!
Unread
  (#15)
Addicted to Cajen food...

November 21, 2006, 07:30 AM

If he dies.... he dies....

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to