DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 557
1 members and 556 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Recommend a quality auto body/paint shop
Unread
  (#1)
singin sweet home alabama

Recommend a quality auto body/paint shop - November 20, 2007, 12:41 PM

Ok - I have a big azz gash in my freakin' brand new truck. I need to get some estimates to help me determine if its worth claiming on insurance.

Know of a high quality auto body/paint shop? Please let me know.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#2)
MSF Student

November 20, 2007, 12:51 PM

Mastercraft Auto Body
9103-A Owens Dr.
Manassas Park, VA 20111
Phone Number: (703) 330-5405

Dawny
03 Kawi 636
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to svbadguys_lil_sis Send a message via AIM to svbadguys_lil_sis  
Unread
  (#3)
Site ADMIN

November 20, 2007, 12:57 PM

Lindsay Collision. Same owners of Lindsay Lexus, and Lindsay Cadilliac.

That place is $$. White floors like a nascar garage. Totally seperate enclosed bays for painting, sanding.. (rare thing believe it or not)

Ive been to a number of body shops in the area.(dont ask) and Lindsay collision is by far the best. Huge place off 395/edsal road exit.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#4)
Now with a TBSP of love

November 20, 2007, 01:41 PM

Brownings Auto Body Inc

8210 Centreville Rd
Manassas, VA 20111

(703) 369-3020
(703) 631-1481
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Spiritnblk  
Unread
  (#5)
Retired

November 20, 2007, 01:44 PM

http://www.autobodycraftsmen.com/

Auto Body Craftsmen
801 East Gude Drive
Rockville, MD 20850

301-309-2277

2007 Ducati S4Rs
Recognized by .net as the #1 choice for poor gays worldwide.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Railing!

November 20, 2007, 02:06 PM

Seneca Auto Body in Leesburg fixed a gashes bumper/fender on Craig's VW. Very nice job, fast, and about 10% less than several other shops in the Chantilly/Herndon area that I talked to.
Unread
  (#7)
Spike

November 20, 2007, 02:59 PM

Not to knock sv's lilsis but i've used Mastercraft twice and both times they messed something else up on my car each time they had it. They also took forever.

I HIGHLY recommend Unlimited Auto Body. They have a location in Marshall and one in New Baltimore, va. The Marshall # is 540-364-0300. New Balitmore is 540-347-1030.
They're fast and do phenominal work!

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#8)
NOM NOM NOM

November 20, 2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud

That place is $$. White floors like a nascar garage. Totally seperate enclosed bays for painting, sanding.. (rare thing believe it or not)

Ive been to a number of body shops in the area.(dont ask) and Lindsay collision is by far the best. Huge place off 395/edsal road exit.
+1111
Unread
  (#9)
singin sweet home alabama

November 20, 2007, 06:44 PM

Many thanks to everyone btw - this is the first time I've had to get any sort of repair/paint done.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#10)
GP Racer

November 20, 2007, 11:10 PM

I had my Subaru done earlier in the year by these guys. They did pretty good work, and they're members of the Better Business Bureau.

Precision Collision
7901 Kincannon Place
Lorton, VA
703-550-9777
http://pcirepair.com/

I had my Toyota done at the place below twice. They were great. I would have used them again for my Subaru, but I would have had to jump through some additional hoops with my insurance company.

Spectrum Auto Painting and Collision Center
4068 S. Four Mile Run
Arlington, VA
703-671-2402
http://www.spectrumautobodyrepair.com/

*for the sake of my ego, I have to note that I was not at fault in any of the three incidents.

Last edited by dctex; November 20, 2007 at 11:14 PM..
Unread
  (#11)
Bikeless... for now

November 20, 2007, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud

Had an issue with some work they did for me, but they took care of it after I mentioned to them, originally had the car for 4 days, took 2 additional day to fix screw ups. It is a very clean shop, never seen one as clean and I am in the car business

My bike run's on snake oil.... thanks to BG.

'06 ZX-6R in blue
'93 Ninja EX500 (sold)
Unread
  (#12)
I LIKE TO HAVE FUN

November 21, 2007, 02:19 AM

Only two places you should check out....

BIMMERS AUTO BODY 703-931-9111

4072 S Four Mile Run Dr
Arlington, VA 22206

BAILEY'S CROSS ROADS AUTO BODY 703-671-0810

5713 Center Ln
Baileys Crossrds, VA 22041

These places are the best of the best.

Michael Nikolau Pittas 1981-2007
Unread
  (#13)
Typical Stripper

November 21, 2007, 08:11 AM

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
.RJ
Project Mayhem

November 21, 2007, 08:19 AM

Auto body of vienna - did excellent work on my truck, my sisters and moms cars. Going to take some motorcycle parts in for some side work there soon too Nice guys, super easy to work with.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to .RJ  
Unread
  (#15)
Site ADMIN

November 21, 2007, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The New guy
Had an issue with some work they did for me, but they took care of it after I mentioned to them, originally had the car for 4 days, took 2 additional day to fix screw ups. It is a very clean shop, never seen one as clean and I am in the car business

I would say that probably happens at every shop. But the question is..and you answered..was what did they do to correct it.

Still sounds like Lindsay is the way to go. I again still cant say enough of how clean this place is.

I had a car one time where the paint "booth" if you want to call it a booth, was NEAR the freaking guys sanding down other cars. I got my car back with all kinds of specs in it.
After that incident, i found Lindsay and felt like i was in autobody heaven.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud