DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 596
7 members and 589 guests
2blueyam, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, GRN96WS6, nootherids, Scot, Toecutter
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Redskins vs Rams - Sept 20 2009 - News and Trash Talk
Unread
  (#1)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

Redskins vs Rams - Sept 20 2009 - News and Trash Talk - September 15, 2009, 09:55 AM

Since the other thread was a big hit I figure I would start another thread.

The Redskins showed a very sub par performance in week 1 in their inevitable loss to the Giants. Week 2 brings them to the Rams. The Rams are pretty terrible and the Redskins should come up with a win.
Steven Jackson is really the only weapon the Rams have and he gets hurt quicker than Perez Hilton in a UFC match.
The Redskins should dominate on D and be able to run the ball effectively. This is good since it keeps the ball out of Jason Cantspell's hands. Everytime he drops back for a pass it is like watching a retarded clown trying to juggle knives. You know something bad is going to happen, but you can't help but watch.
A lot of NFL analysts are questioning the Redskins toughness. I don't believe its a matter of toughness. I think they suffer from the same problem the fans do. An acceptance of being mediocre like it was their fate.
We'll see what the Redskins do to improve upon last week's performance against the superior Giants. They should win, but the question is how good will they look and will it build their confidence?

Thoughts?

American Indians look to high court

Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- A group of American Indians who find the Washington Redskins name offensive wants the Supreme Court to take up the matter.
The group late Monday asked the justices to review a lower court decision that favored the NFL team on a legal technicality.

The seven Native Americans have been working through the court system since 1992 to have the Redskins trademarks declared invalid. A U.S. Patent and Trademark Office panel ruled in their favor in 1999, but they've since suffered a series of defeats from judges who ruled that the plaintiffs waited too long to bring their suit in the first place.

A lawyer for the group says he'd like to see the court decide once and for all whether the Redskins name defames Native Americans.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#2)
Nubbs ban yourself!

September 15, 2009, 10:32 AM

American Indians are smart, strong, brave, fierce fighting soldiers and the Redskins don't deserve to have a name that is associated with them in anyway.
Now if they want to call themselves Yellow Bellies I would be good with that!

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train
religion is just a misspelling of superstition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Once again I forgive you for your self-righteousness, bigotry and prejudice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'll also thank them for proving that you don't need the force to get a woman to make you a sammich.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYpOF...embedded#at=36
http://www.bachbio.com/gunsavelives.htm
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Owner of the Site Owner

September 15, 2009, 11:41 AM

i spoke to a native american once on a plane. He had to be about 70 or so, and we were chatting about football, and about the redskins, he told me to him, and many others that the "redskins" is the same to them as calling a african american a "n****r"

at any rate, it's going to be touch, we couldn't capitalize on the Giants WEAK secondary, we can't get down field, our o-line sucks, but all in all 100% i'll root for them

-

I tow 747s

"gixrB: I like it hard, with a lot of feel"
Unread
  (#4)
Site Owner

September 15, 2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauliodotnet View Post
i spoke to a native american once on a plane. He had to be about 70 or so, and we were chatting about football, and about the redskins, he told me to him, and many others that the "redskins" is the same to them as calling a african american a "n****r"

at any rate, it's going to be touch, we couldn't capitalize on the Giants WEAK secondary, we can't get down field, our o-line sucks, but all in all 100% i'll root for them
oh you're one of THOSE people who talk to the person next to you on a plane. good to know.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#5)
Owner of the Site Owner

September 15, 2009, 01:23 PM

hahaha ass

-

I tow 747s

"gixrB: I like it hard, with a lot of feel"
Unread
  (#6)
Mojito Anyone?

September 15, 2009, 01:34 PM

I'll put my money on the skins this week

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#7)
Nubbs ban yourself!

September 15, 2009, 01:37 PM

The Term Redskin
Dear Editor; It was brought to my attention that some were asking if the term "redskin" was really offensive to Indians and that they would like to hear from us on this subject. Well, here you are...I am Blackfoot, Cherokee and Choctaw...and yes, the term is extremely offensive to me. Let me explain why. Back not so long ago, when there was a bounty on the heads of the Indian people...the trappers would bring in Indian scalps along with the other skins that they had managed to trap or shoot. These scalps brought varying prices as did the skins of the animals. The trappers would tell the trading post owner or whoever it was that he was dealing with, that he had 2 bearskins, a couple of beaver skins...and a few scalps. Well, the term "scalp" offended the good Christian women of the community and they asked that another term be found to describe these things. So, the trappers and hunters began using the term "redskin"...they would tell the owner that they had bearskin, deer skins....and "redskins." The term came from the bloody mess that one saw when looking at the scalp...thus the term "red"...skin because it was the "skin" of an "animal" just like the others that they had...so, it became "redskins". So, you see when we see or hear that term...we don't see a football team...we don't see a game being played...we don't see any "honor"...we see the bloody pieces of scalps that were hacked off of our men, women and even our children...we hear the screams as our people were killed...and "skinned" just like animals. So, yes, Mr./Ms. Editor...you can safely say that the term is considered extremely offensive. In Struggle,
Tina Holder
Mesa, Az.

Ps, my grandmother was american indian, my wife is american indian mixed and my daughters grandmother on her mothers side was full blooded american indian.
People have no problems remembering what was done to the Jews, blacks, japanese etc etc but our very own often go unremembered!
My wifes school supports a family of American Indians who travel around the country each year who make their living doing powwow's and teaching of their culture!

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train

Quote:
Quote:
I'll also thank them for proving that you don't need the force to get a woman to make you a sammich.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by n2sport; September 15, 2009 at 01:41 PM..
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

September 15, 2009, 02:00 PM

If you guys want to forget the American part you can go back to India :-p

N2 - You're okay with offensive names so long as it's not native americans? "yellow bellies" is a term applied to Asian/Chinese Americans. As you know, it's a negative term.

Me personaly, I think there should be a team for every race. We should have the NE Crackers, the Bama Watermelon Eaters, Washington Yellow Bellies, etc. You can't tell me that wouldn't be hysterical.
Unread
  (#9)
Nubbs ban yourself!

September 15, 2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter View Post

N2 - You're okay with offensive names so long as it's not native americans? "yellow bellies" is a term applied to Asian/Chinese Americans. As you know, it's a negative term.

Me personaly, I think there should be a team for every race. We should have the NE Crackers, the Bama Watermelon Eaters, Washington Yellow Bellies, etc. You can't tell me that wouldn't be hysterical.

Nope, I was actually showing how they were all terms of offense and why i used that one. My comment of being ok with it was sarcasm. I am not ok with any of it!

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train

Quote:
Quote:
-Benjamin Franklin
Unread
  (#10)
Nubbs ban yourself!

September 15, 2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:

Bama Watermelon Eaters aka Dallas Cowboys! Now that's funny.
PS I grew up on a farm there and my grandfather grew watermelon.
I spent many hours cracking them open, eatting the heart out of them and going to the next one!

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train

Quote:
Quote:
-Benjamin Franklin
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

September 15, 2009, 02:15 PM

Watermelon is awesome. But you're a racist because you said you're not racist. A non-racist wouldn't have had to defend himself.

We could have a team named the pinkies and the limp wrists (or rainbows). Can you think of any other quality offensive names?

P.S.> The Rams could totally beat us. JC17 has a way of snatching defeat from the hands of victory.
Unread
  (#12)
Nubbs ban yourself!

September 15, 2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Watermelon is awesome. But you're a racist because you said you're not racist. A non-racist wouldn't have had to defend himself.

We could have a team named the pinkies and the limp wrists (or rainbows). Can you think of any other quality offensive names?

P.S.> The Rams could totally beat us. JC17 has a way of snatching defeat from the hands of victory.
I am white and live near DC, I have had to defend myself my entire life from it! Oh, White and bald and dated black girls my entire life so I am not liked even more!

My thing I am not afraid to talk about it or make jokes. However some get offended and no one on this board really knows me at all!

I thought that was the point of a thread started by Rossi about the offensive name of a football team, to offend!

Question for ya! Is this not racist? I go over to friends who are black who don't really know me that well. They discover I like watermelon and are completely surprised. From then on everytime they come to visit they bring me a watermelon because they find it unusual that I like them! hmmmm

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train

Quote:
Quote:
-Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by n2sport; September 15, 2009 at 02:30 PM..
Unread
  (#13)

September 15, 2009, 02:27 PM

I'm not racist. I hate everyone.

STFU about your damn slave names.

To be politically correct I will refer to the Redskins as the Poopskins.

I still think the Poopskins can beat the Rams.

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#14)

September 15, 2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2sport View Post
I am white and live near DC, I have had to defend myself my entire life from it! Oh, White and bald and dated black girls my entire life so I am like even more!

My thing I am not afraid to talk about it or make jokes. However some get offended and no one on this board really knows me at all!

I thought that was the point of a thread started by Rossi about the offensive name of a football team, to offend!

Question for ya! Is this not racist? I go over to friends who are black who don't really know me that well. They discover I like watermelon and are completely surprised. From then on everytime they come to visit they bring me a watermelon because they find it unusual that I like them! hmmmm
So everytime you go to your black friend's house you eat watermelon.... hmmmm.... That doesn't help you or the stereotype out.

All because you fucked a black girl doesn't make you Jesse Jackson.

Unread
  (#15)
Nubbs ban yourself!

September 15, 2009, 02:32 PM

How many reports of this thread do you think the mods have received so far!

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train

Quote:
Quote:
-Benjamin Franklin