DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 597
2 members and 595 guests
davidcycle, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rental Scams
Unread
  (#1)
GP Racer

Rental Scams - June 24, 2013, 12:03 PM

So my GF and I are moving to CO in a week, and I'm looking for places on Clist. I didn't realize how many people are trying to scam rental properties. I will update this thread with funny emails I've received. So far it seems like quite a few people are moving to Africa. haha.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in my home. The home is still available for rent. I have just relocated at Minnesota The rent fee includes water, heat, gas, washer, dryer, electricity and so on. There is no extra charges. We are not coming back to live in our home again, we will just come to see how you are taking care of our home for us.

PS: I want you to know that the rent fee or the deposit is not the issue to us, the most important issue is for you to live to your responsibilities and take good care of our home just like yours. We have gone through a lot of difficulties with our former tenant , he was an irresponsible tenant to us, We did not know that he was a drunk addict and comes home late in the night ,we sent him packing from our home so that he does not sell our property at our absent that is why we are not in hurry giving out our home out to anyone because of the bad experience we already went through. Due to what happened to us we took the key and documents along with us here because PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE We are looking for a decent tenant and most important someone with a good heart and attitude.Let me read from you soon
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Racer

June 24, 2013, 12:04 PM

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my townhouse. Yes the townhouse is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the townhouse now that we are not around. My husband and i just moved to West Africa for a program called FAMILY LIFE AND HIV EDUCATION AND THE HIV PREVENTION FOR RURAL YOUTH PROGRAM, the program is taking place in three major countries in Europe, Africa, UK . We will be away for 3 to 4 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my property for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it.
Unread
  (#3)
GP Racer

June 24, 2013, 12:05 PM

Thanks for your interest in my property.The home is still available and ready for move in. My names is Joel Pena,the house is located at 4139 W 111th Cir, Westminster, CO 80031

HOUSE DETAILS
Street Address:24139 W 111th Cir
Bed & Bath:2 Bedroom,2 Bath
Price / Rate:850
Lease Term:long term lease
Security Deposit:$700
Square Feet:1,242 sq ft
Pets: Allowed.

HOUSE DESCRIPTION
Beautifully newly remodeled 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 1242 square foot townhome in great location. Newly remodeled inside features include Kitchen and Dining room hardwood floors, Bedroom and family room carpeted floors, Wood burning fireplace, Eat-in Kitchen, New Carpet, New Paint, New appliances including washer and Dryer and Central A/C.

My family and I are currently in West Africa for a missionary work. it was due to my transfer to (West Africa, Nigeria) that makes us to leave the house and also want to give it out for rent and. looking for a responsible person and God fearing person who can take very good care of the house in our absence.we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean all the time and the person that will rent it to take it as if it were its own. So for now, We are here in West Africa and will be staying here for the next 4 years in our new house and we are also with the keys,document and paper work of the house for rent, we try to look for an agent that we can give this keys,document and paper work before we left,but could not find anyone.Then we left with the keys, document and the paper work,because we wouldn't want our house to be used any how in our absence that is why we took it along with us.I and my husband came over to Africa for a missionary work, so i hope you will promise us that you will take very good care of the house.So get back to me if you know you could take care of our house or perhaps experience you have in renting home.If you can assure me that you can take proper care of the property and also afford the move in deposit, kindly confirm your interest by getting back to me with the below application details.
Unread
  (#4)
Railing!

June 24, 2013, 12:06 PM

Let me read from you soon.

2013 Hypermotard
1998 Superhawk
Unread
  (#5)
GP Racer

June 24, 2013, 12:15 PM

I was looking at rental listings on CL a few months ago. Maybe 1 in 20 turned out to be real.
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

June 24, 2013, 12:22 PM

So... what exactly are the scams here??? They ask you for a deposit before hand? What happens if you want to check the house out?
Unread
  (#7)
turn or crash....

June 24, 2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocZ View Post
I was looking at rental listings on CL a few months ago. Maybe 1 in 20 turned out to be real.
Wow really??? Craziness.

- djkouza
############
Bikes: I might own one...
############
djkouza - XBOX
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to djkouza  
Unread
  (#8)
Traction Control

June 24, 2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkhas View Post
So... what exactly are the scams here??? They ask you for a deposit before hand? What happens if you want to check the house out?
yes, you send for me deposit and in return you receive key for door

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#9)
turn or crash....

June 24, 2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecknojoe View Post
yes, you send for me deposit and in return you receive key for door
Who in their right mind would send a deposit before seeing the house. I guess someone must... should ask where to send it from a bunch of these people then see if they come back with different addresses..

- djkouza
############
Bikes: I might own one...
############
djkouza - XBOX
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to djkouza  
Unread
  (#10)
Traction Control

June 24, 2013, 12:30 PM

Yea that's just my guess. Iono who would actually do it

an ex of mine was moving out here (denver) and ran into all kinds of scams. She was dumb enough to actually try to email them back and forth even though I TOLD her it was a facking scam. They eventually forwarded her to one of those credit check sites and she filled it out.

That was very stupid of her

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
Unread
  (#11)
GP Racer

June 24, 2013, 12:35 PM

A lot of the ones that I contacted would try to get me to fill out a form on a shady credit report site. They gave a very vague description of where it was located and wouldn't discuss anything more without doing the credit thing first.
Unread
  (#12)
GP Racer

June 24, 2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecknojoe View Post
Yea that's just my guess. Iono who would actually do it

an ex of mine was moving out here (denver) and ran into all kinds of scams. She was dumb enough to actually try to email them back and forth even though I TOLD her it was a facking scam. They eventually forwarded her to one of those credit check sites and she filled it out.

That was very stupid of her

This was one of them:
Hello,

First and foremost, thank you for your interest in the home. I am available to show the house this week if that fits your schedule.

Just to give you a little more information about the home, the water, trash
and garbage are paid by us. The security deposit can be paid in 2 installments if money is tight. (I know how that can be).
The house has a fenced in backyard and we do allow pets. The deposit per pet is a one time payment.
The house includes a washer and dryer, and we pay for lawn care so the renter does not have to cut the grass.
There is NO application fee (our company policy and guarantee).

I will be happy to show the house at an agreed upon time and date but I do require that all applicants and additional renters who will be living in the home complete a free credit report to ensure their eligibility.
I have so many people apply for homes that I have to make sure they are qualified renters before I show the property.
This ensures neither of us will be wasting our time.

It is okay if you have bad credit (trust me). We just check to make sure that you don't have several evictions on your record. (We won't rent if you have 3 or more evictions on your record)

I also had to recently stop giving out the exact address of rental properties before I am able to show them because last time I did that the house was vandalized (I will be glad to send you the address right after your reply) I assure you though that this is a very safe neighborhood. I actually lived in this home for 2 years (very cozy).

As soon as you can, please click the link below and go to the secure website to complete the free credit report (takes about 30 seconds)
Once you complete, I'll call you once I receive the information from the credit company (very quickly usually).

lqereport.org/LL437KRRtX/
(Copy and paste this link to your address bar if it is not clickable)

*** You don't have to send me your credit report.
Once you fill out the report the credit company automatically forwards me your name, email address and whether you have
had any outstanding evictions in the past 5 years to determine your renter eligibility. This is the only information I am
interested in. This is a soft credit report so it won't touch your FICO score (which is why we work with them).

This process turns some people off, so I completely understand if you decide not to complete them. In that case, good luck with your home search. I just want to be honest with you up front about our process, which does a good job of protecting us from ineligible renters and scammers. Also, the site above is one the safest and most secure website for credit reports in the world, which is good for peace of mind. I have worked with them personally for a couple years now.

If you are truly interested in proceeding, take a moment and fill out one of the reports. Let me know when this is done and we can then work out the time and date to go see the home. Email me back once you access your fresh report. I will be forwarded
the information. (Make sure to include a valid phone number. I usually call within 6 hours of submitting your report. Then I can forward you the address and we can set up a time to tour the home.)

If eligible you will also be sent an email with my office number so we can set up a time to go see the house and discuss any other questions or concerns you may have.
Unread
  (#13)
GP Racer

June 24, 2013, 12:38 PM

I usually don't respond, but thought they were pretty funny. My guess is they try and do what Joe said.
Unread
  (#14)
TPG og

June 24, 2013, 12:38 PM

Dayum, I never had a problem with fake listings in Baltimore city. Guess not enough folks willingly moving there to warrant scammers

That sucks though, 1 in 20 is nuggin futs. The scammers seems to be getting better at English but are still way off. Wtf is a drunk addict?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#15)
Traction Control

June 24, 2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocZ View Post
This was one of them:
Hello,

First and foremost, thank you for your interest in the home. I am available to show the house this week if that fits your schedule.

Just to give you a little more information about the home, the water, trash
and garbage are paid by us. The security deposit can be paid in 2 installments if money is tight. (I know how that can be).
The house has a fenced in backyard and we do allow pets. The deposit per pet is a one time payment.
The house includes a washer and dryer, and we pay for lawn care so the renter does not have to cut the grass.
There is NO application fee (our company policy and guarantee).

I will be happy to show the house at an agreed upon time and date but I do require that all applicants and additional renters who will be living in the home complete a free credit report to ensure their eligibility.
I have so many people apply for homes that I have to make sure they are qualified renters before I show the property.
This ensures neither of us will be wasting our time.

It is okay if you have bad credit (trust me). We just check to make sure that you don't have several evictions on your record. (We won't rent if you have 3 or more evictions on your record)

I also had to recently stop giving out the exact address of rental properties before I am able to show them because last time I did that the house was vandalized (I will be glad to send you the address right after your reply) I assure you though that this is a very safe neighborhood. I actually lived in this home for 2 years (very cozy).

As soon as you can, please click the link below and go to the secure website to complete the free credit report (takes about 30 seconds)
Once you complete, I'll call you once I receive the information from the credit company (very quickly usually).

lqereport.org/LL437KRRtX/
(Copy and paste this link to your address bar if it is not clickable)

*** You don't have to send me your credit report.
Once you fill out the report the credit company automatically forwards me your name, email address and whether you have
had any outstanding evictions in the past 5 years to determine your renter eligibility. This is the only information I am
interested in. This is a soft credit report so it won't touch your FICO score (which is why we work with them).

This process turns some people off, so I completely understand if you decide not to complete them. In that case, good luck with your home search. I just want to be honest with you up front about our process, which does a good job of protecting us from ineligible renters and scammers. Also, the site above is one the safest and most secure website for credit reports in the world, which is good for peace of mind. I have worked with them personally for a couple years now.

If you are truly interested in proceeding, take a moment and fill out one of the reports. Let me know when this is done and we can then work out the time and date to go see the home. Email me back once you access your fresh report. I will be forwarded
the information. (Make sure to include a valid phone number. I usually call within 6 hours of submitting your report. Then I can forward you the address and we can set up a time to tour the home.)

If eligible you will also be sent an email with my office number so we can set up a time to go see the house and discuss any other questions or concerns you may have.
exactly the same kind of email my ex received

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini