DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 540
2 members and 538 guests
Sal_the_man, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
A Request for Help (Haiti Related)
Unread
  (#1)
Road Kill

A Request for Help (Haiti Related) - January 20, 2010, 06:30 AM

Cliff Notes: Monetary donations and leads on a cheap vehicle that can carry 6 are needed.

A dear friend of mine asked me to post this up here to see if you guys could help. His parents are very near and dear to me. They pastor a church in Harrisonburg. Here phone number is at the bottom of the quoted text... if you call just tell her Rex and Kaan sent you there way. Here is the link to my college motorsports board.

http://www.mmsports.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9008

"As I'm sure you're all aware, the recent earthquake in Haiti has totally leveled that island nation. BEFORE the earthquake things were total shit there. People were baking literal mud cookies and eating them just to fill their stomachs. They had nothing, one of the poorest countries on earth (and most certainly the poorest on the West) and then they get struck by one of the worst disasters in recent history. Part of the reason the devastation in the urban areas was so bad is that they have NO natural resources whatsoever. The country literally has no trees, as Papa Doc cut 'em all down so all their buildings are made of shitty sand concrete.

My parents have carried a torch for Haiti for many years, as some of you know. Right before the earthquake they were there at an orphanage in LaJeune, my father installing solar panels for electricity (the only source they have other than a diesel generator) and my mother running a health clinic for the orphans there. The day after they landed safely in the US, the earthquake struck.

My parents then have taken in a family of refugees. A Mother & Father, and their two children. Those of you who know my parents know they are not people of means, but they would give their last dime to help someone in need, and these people who had little to begin with now have literally the clothes on their backs.
Rex's Mom wroteear Friends and Fam, Here's the scoop on what we're going through here. Henry and I just put out $2600.00 for airline tickets to bring Jean, Emilie and the two children to our home in Harrisonburg for an undetermined amount of time. We had to buy round trip tickets because of immigration even though the PAP airport isn't even open yet.

We've been asked many times about how "others" can help ~ Here's our needs:
Our expenses will go up for food and utilities and all the rest. I'll leave that open ended.

Our family will grow from two to six and we need a "cheap" vehicle that will hold six. Henry put a notice on Craigslist, but no hits yet. To those receiving this locally, I need a booster seat and car seat for the car by Friday.

The orphanage in LaJeune has grown from 26 to 50 or more in a week. Not necessarily with children either. Family and Christians from "sister churches" have all headed to the mountains after losing everything. Money is desperately needed to help feed and house
these refugees.

The churches in PAP are also in need for rebuilding and food plus other necessities. I hate to say it, but it's all about money.

I'm asking each of you that receive this to pray about how you can help or how God would have you to help. Even if it's praying that is enough! I know most of you will not be able to help financially, but prayers count for much if not everything!!

This is for information of what's happening. I just wanted you all to know.

On a wonderful note, we left two totes of meds and even suture kits in LaJeune. As God would have it, they were picked up today by rescue teams that are doing medical work on refugees in the area. God is so good!

Love you all, Janet/Mom
If any of you can help in any way, please do so. My dad is not Wyclef Jean, sure, but they definitely could use your help.

You can contact my mother, Janet, at:
Five Four Oscar, Two Seven One, Three TripleZero.

Thanks in advance for your help."

1999 Yamaha R6... from the track, back to the street
www.mmsports.org
SJS Customs

YaoMatt:Here's a free bit of advice: Put down the fucking ho-ho!!! And I don't mean your daughter.

Bexxx: yeah my ass was a wee bit sore after that
BabyBusa04: MY ASS IS SORE AS HELL
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JMURACN  
Unread
  (#2)
Road Kill

January 20, 2010, 10:33 AM

bump! sorry... gotta keep a good cause up at the top.

www.mmsports.org
SJS Customs

YaoMatt:Here's a free bit of advice: Put down the fucking ho-ho!!! And I don't mean your daughter.

Unread
  (#3)
Road Kill

January 20, 2010, 11:10 AM

more info from my friend:

Dad's paypal account is elseaclan aT yahoo doT com. (won't be tax deductible, but will get there quickly)

If anyone is really interested in a financial donation, you can make a tax deductible one by mailing or dropping off a check to

Mount Pleasant Church of the Brethren
788 Taylor Spring Lane,
Harrisonburg VA 22801

In the subject line you can put 'Haiti Fund' for the general Haiti fund the church has, they go probably once a year to bring all kinds of medical supplies and stuff, and that money supports the orphanage that has now doubled in population that mom mentioned.

Or to help my parents with their refugees please put "Ordelus Fund" in the subject line, that will go to care the four refugees my parents are hosting. I'll personally make sure you get a receipt for whatever you give, to take off your 2010 taxes.

www.mmsports.org
SJS Customs

Unread
  (#4)
Road Kill

January 21, 2010, 06:31 AM

morning bump...

www.mmsports.org
SJS Customs