DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 528
1 members and 527 guests
beatle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Reston Golf Outing - Feeler
Unread
  (#1)
B
It goes to 11.

Reston Golf Outing - Feeler - May 8, 2007, 03:06 PM

When - Some sunny mid-70s afternoon in the near future (Wednesday or Thursday)
Where

Proper attire is slacks and a collared shirt. We might need to hide the booze, not sure yet. I want to have some corona's while I golf badly though... and I'll be bringing a 20 pack of balls, myself.

Some info:
- I suck, if you feel like being an alpha male dumbfuck, stay home
- You have to wear a collared shirt and niceish slacks, ripped up jeans aren't the proper attire
- BYOB, we might need to smuggle booze but that's just a part of it, if they tell us to leave we are going to race the carts Jackass style back to the cars and bolt... to another golf course... there are three in Herndon.
- Looking for 3 more, if there's enough interest we can make up a couple of groups but knowing this site that won't be an issue.
- I am open to other places to play, I just live in Herndon so I know what's around

Post up interest, don't whore this thread... make your own to whore.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#2)
I Love Lamp

May 8, 2007, 03:11 PM

i'd like to do this...thursdays work for me
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

May 8, 2007, 03:13 PM

Not going to whore this. However, beware of the Greens keeper Richard that guy is a DICK!!!!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#4)
Happiness Consultant

May 8, 2007, 03:15 PM

Ben - WTF? Herndon CGC or Reston National?

I play Reston National every Thursday - so Wednesday would be better. just set it up and I'll be there.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#5)
B
It goes to 11.

May 8, 2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EduardoSuave
Ben - WTF? Herndon CGC or Reston National?

I play Reston National every Thursday - so Wednesday would be better. just set it up and I'll be there.
I posted reston cause people are more familiar with that name. It's really a Herndon/Reston thing. Do you have any insite on the courses Ed? I've been to the driving range in Herndon, but I'm not familiar with any of the other courses.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Unread
  (#6)
singin sweet home alabama

May 8, 2007, 04:02 PM

Hey Ben, provided I come up with a new golf bag, I could be up for this. I used to be pretty good, but haven't even swung a club since moving to VA Nov 05 - hopefully I'll be able to get to a range and get my swing back.

Let me know when you come up with a date.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#7)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

May 8, 2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
driving range in Herndon,
Wur is dur one in H-Town??
Unread
  (#8)
singin sweet home alabama

May 8, 2007, 04:18 PM

There's one off 28 in sterling/dulles isn't there? With lights and everything...

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#9)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

May 8, 2007, 04:19 PM

Yeah thats right off of 28 I forgot that one. I go to Woodys off of RT.7 staff is real chill there.
Unread
  (#10)
Happiness Consultant

May 8, 2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrben
I posted reston cause people are more familiar with that name. It's really a Herndon/Reston thing. Do you have any insite on the courses Ed? I've been to the driving range in Herndon, but I'm not familiar with any of the other courses.
courses in and around Reston/Herndon

Reston National - this is where i play league Thursday nights. Located just minutes from the Reston Town Center, it costs. Like 80 bucks on the weekend. During the week is in the 50s - I always play twilight which is around 24 bucks. Hilly and challenging in some spots - but not a lot of water - there are a lot of trees tho. I should know, a tree could be in the middle of the fairway and I would find a way to hit behind it. This place hands me my ass often and i shoot low 100s, high 90s.

Herndon Centennial
- cheapest of the listed, located just 2 blocks North of 'Da Spot' - after 6pm during the week is only 18 bucks. Weekend rates are like 38$. If you hit long like I do, you'll only need your driver, pitching wedge and putter - bring the 7 just in case and for the long par 3 that is hole 5. I bring my 3 wood so I can be on in 2 on the par 5s and piss off all of my friends. This is probably best for beginners and those that haven't hit in a while

Algonquian (Sterling) - mid priced, but incomplete in parts. Last time i was there I had to play out of a construction zone. This is located where Algonquian Pkway meets Cascades Pkway. Its wide open and a fun place to play.

Brambleton (3 miles from my house in Cashburn) - never played here and its rates are like those at Reston - Cripes could probably elaborate more as he plays here often but never calls me

Goose Creek (Leesburg)
affectionately known to me and my friends as 'THE GOOSE' - played here all winter as there are plenty of pine trees and not a whole lot of leafage to lose your ball in, unlike the aforementioned places. Rates are just a bit more then Herndon so this is like the 2nd cheapest place on the list. This to me is also a pretty good course for those wanting to shake off the rust.

Ben - it sounds like Herndon is where you'll probably want to play.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
Unread
  (#11)
B
It goes to 11.

May 8, 2007, 05:07 PM

Awesome writeups Ed. $18 and a good time sounds right. I was thinking a 4PM/5PM game of 9 holes, later is not really a problem either. Wednesday would be best for me as well.

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#12)
God of the Gaps

May 8, 2007, 05:30 PM

I played Herndon every Friday morning last year. If you set this up for tomorrow for sometime between 4 and 5 I can make it I think. See if you can get us onto the back 9. Don't worry, I really suck, but at least I know the course. I'll have my clubs in the car.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#13)
B
It goes to 11.

May 8, 2007, 05:55 PM

Im calling them when I get home Cripes.

Thats two confirmed, need two more.

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#14)
Happiness Consultant

May 8, 2007, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrben
Im calling them when I get home Cripes.

Thats two confirmed, need two more.
unless I was unclear - I'm in.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--

Will pay to see this
Unread
  (#15)
B
It goes to 11.

May 8, 2007, 06:48 PM

Three confirmed.

SV650s for SALE!!!