DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 564
4 members and 560 guests
2blueyam, GRN96WS6, nootherids, REDSKTL 280ZX
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
The Rev. Dropping the N-Bomb on Fox News Interview
Unread
  (#1)
Knee Draggin!

The Rev. Dropping the N-Bomb on Fox News Interview - July 16, 2008, 08:25 PM

Fox: Jackson used N-word in off-air remarks.

CHICAGO - The Rev. Jesse Jackson used an emotionally charged racial slur during a break in a TV interview in which he criticized presidential candidate Barack Obama, Fox News confirmed Wednesday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25710121

What I do in life will echo through eternity.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
You meet the nicest

July 16, 2008, 08:40 PM

The longtime civil rights leader already came under fire this month for crude off-air comments he made against Obama in what he thought was a private conversation during a taping of a "Fox & Friends" news show. In those comments, he contended that Obama wasn't speaking to issues important to the black community and unaware that his microphone was still on, he said, "I want to cut his nuts off."

BRILLIANT!

BECAUSE I GET OFF ON IT!
Unread
  (#3)
5 yrs till Brood X emerge

July 16, 2008, 09:02 PM

Jesse Jackson is a complete and utter moron. I've got to believe everyone understands that by now.
Unread
  (#4)
ATTN INVESTORS!

July 16, 2008, 09:57 PM

I wonder if he pronouced it with the "a" or "er"?

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rekoniz  
Unread
  (#5)
need more knee down

July 17, 2008, 08:46 AM

hahahahahaha....sigh
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr 
Unread
  (#6)
The last urrbendah

July 17, 2008, 09:32 AM

Didn't Jackson and Sharpton hold a "funeral" for the N-word a few years back?

"The "nuts" comment came up when a fellow guest asked Jackson about speeches on morality Obama has given at black churches."

Oh the delicious irony.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#7)
Nubbs ban yourself!

July 17, 2008, 10:00 AM

Will he now lose his job because of racial comments?
I would guess not, the same rules don't apply!

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train
religion is just a misspelling of superstition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Once again I forgive you for your self-righteousness, bigotry and prejudice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'll also thank them for proving that you don't need the force to get a woman to make you a sammich.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYpOF...embedded#at=36
http://www.bachbio.com/gunsavelives.htm
Unread
  (#8)
FASTER

July 17, 2008, 10:54 AM

So he isn't holding true to the standards that he set forth?
Credibility?

Favorite thing on my bike: the miles I put on it
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JUSTGO  
Unread
  (#9)
singin sweet home alabama

July 17, 2008, 11:06 AM

These guys are such frauds - most black folks don't even buy their anymore.

I don't understand how they keep getting interviews.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

July 17, 2008, 11:24 AM

because you keep giving them attention and posting about their !

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...ull_finger.gif
"Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in HELL"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to R6speed Send a message via AIM to R6speed  
Unread
  (#11)
ATTN INVESTORS!

July 17, 2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie
Didn't Jackson and Sharpton hold a "funeral" for the N-word a few years back?

"The "nuts" comment came up when a fellow guest asked Jackson about speeches on morality Obama has given at black churches."

Oh the delicious irony.
Yeah, kinda sad. But the brother is the first American to bring hostages out of Iraq.

All I can say is, you want to end racism and nationlism, you gotta let comments just roll off and stop perpetuating things even more by making special rules for this kinda thing or things not considered pc.

Unread
  (#12)
Nubbs ban yourself!

July 17, 2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekoniz
Yeah, kinda sad. But the brother is the first American to bring hostages out of Iraq.

All I can say is, you want to end racism and nationlism, you gotta let comments just roll off and stop perpetuating things even more by making special rules for this kinda thing or things not considered pc.

I went camping the week of July 4th with 2 good friends who are black.
On the way back we stopped at Cracker Barrel to eat. The husband doesn't like it because he says they are racist and the food sucks but his wife likes it so we went.
The place was pretty crowded and I saw 2 other couples in our area be seated the same time as us (white).
Service sucked and we must have waited a good 45 minutes to get our food. The waitress came by several times to apologize.
I kept an eye on the other two couples because i knew my friends were going to have beef with the service.
Sure enough a few days later my wife (black) asked if they still felt the same way about the place and they said yes. They felt they got crappy service because they are black.
I told them I watched the other couples that were seated the same time as us and we all got our food at the same time, stop drawing that conclusion everytime you have something happen to you.

This stuff burns me up. If I felt it was racist I would have been the first crazy moter-f**r to be all over someone but it wasn't.

I have another friend who is white, wife black and I know for a fact in Frederick they were not served because of racism. The waitress flat out told him they were not getting served there. He has been fighting all his life, MMA, and would have loved to have taken some heads but his kids and mother were there. Now I know it happens but stop assuming everything is racist!

My point, sometimes black people keep things going and the use of the N word shouldn't be accepted by anyone especially black people. Black people shouldn't be using it as if it is cool if they don't want the word to continue!

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train
religion is just a misspelling of superstition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Once again I forgive you for your self-righteousness, bigotry and prejudice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'll also thank them for proving that you don't need the force to get a woman to make you a sammich.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYpOF...embedded#at=36
http://www.bachbio.com/gunsavelives.htm
Unread
  (#13)
ATTN INVESTORS!

July 17, 2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2sport
I went camping the week of July 4th with 2 good friends who are black.
On the way back we stopped at Cracker Barrel to eat. The husband doesn't like it because he says they are racist and the food sucks but his wife likes it so we went.
The place was pretty crowded and I saw 2 other couples in our area be seated the same time as us (white).
Service sucked and we must have waited a good 45 minutes to get our food. The waitress came by several times to apologize.
I kept an eye on the other two couples because i knew my friends were going to have beef with the service.
Sure enough a few days later my wife (black) asked if they still felt the same way about the place and they said yes. They felt they got crappy service because they are black.
I told them I watched the other couples that were seated the same time as us and we all got our food at the same time, stop drawing that conclusion everytime you have something happen to you.

This stuff burns me up. If I felt it was racist I would have been the first crazy moter-f**r to be all over someone but it wasn't.

I have another friend who is white, wife black and I know for a fact in Frederick they were not served because of racism. The waitress flat out told him they were not getting served there. He has been fighting all his life, MMA, and would have loved to have taken some heads but his kids and mother were there. Now I know it happens but stop assuming everything is racist!

My point, sometimes black people keep things going and the use of the N word shouldn't be accepted by anyone especially black people. Black people shouldn't be using it as if it is cool if they don't want the word to continue!
No doubt. People will always think differently and sometimes be a little fuk'd up. But unless they are out on your yard with a burning cross or something, you're usually in control of your own experiences and can choose to not be a patron an establishment if you like. My wife, who was born and raised in San Francisco, would not eat at Cracker Barrel if she was starving to death because they will not employ homosexuals. I used to like their breakfasts, but she'll never go so I haven't been since we met. Sounds like that place has some serious problems.

Unread
  (#14)
Largely Unsupervised....

July 17, 2008, 01:20 PM

I like Sambo's over Cracker Barrel any day.

--------------

This has been another fine contribution from Captain Craptastic.

2014 Harley Street Glide
'08 Brass Balls Bobber
'04 KTM 625 SMC
'78 Honda CB750K (soon to be mated to sidecar)
'07 SSR 125
'99 BMW K1200RS (SOLD)
'95 Honda Z50R (donated to a buddy)
'89 CR500R (SOLD)
'83 Honda CB1100F (SOLD)
'82 Honda CB750F (SOLD)
Unread
  (#15)
Largely Unsupervised....

July 17, 2008, 01:39 PM

In my ethnically-mixed dating history, I've observed what I would believe to be lesser quality service or lesser quality seating in restaurants at times, if it bothered me - I insisted on better seating or service...most of the time, it was not such a big deal. You've got to pick your battles.

I've certainly had the experience of being discriminated against - for being white (and possibly not 20-something). A 30 something Middle Eastern host, outdoor seating at a popular waterfront cafe, I requested a sidewalk table..."I'm sorry, that table is for 4, there are only 2 of you." (There were about 5 sidewalk tables available.) I said, eh...sure, okay..whatever....and agree to be buried next to the building by the service door. I'm halfway into my first cocktail...a 20-something middle-eastern couple walk in..Boom! Right to the sidewalk table. Nice. I've met one of the hands-on owners involved with this franchise on quite a few occasions where he's thanked me for assistance in a few matters. I'll just say, that I won't be so agreeable should this instance arise again.

--------------

This has been another fine contribution from Captain Craptastic.

2014 Harley Street Glide
'08 Brass Balls Bobber
'04 KTM 625 SMC
'78 Honda CB750K (soon to be mated to sidecar)
'07 SSR 125
'99 BMW K1200RS (SOLD)
'95 Honda Z50R (donated to a buddy)
'89 CR500R (SOLD)
'83 Honda CB1100F (SOLD)
'82 Honda CB750F (SOLD)