DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 530
2 members and 528 guests
Nobrains, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Reverse Camera Instalation and recomendation
Unread
  (#1)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Reverse Camera Instalation and recomendation - December 4, 2011, 12:40 AM

I got a free reverse camera with my Pioneer dvd/nav/XM raido back in 2007. Well that free shit died.
I went by my local shop about getting my truck detailed and check on getting a new reverse camera put in.

I keep thinking I heard them wrong.
EVery camera he had he said it was $199. Im not sure if that inculded instalation or not. My radio barley fit and shit had to be modifyed just to get it shoehorned in (Pyro) said it was a bitch to make fit in.

SO i dont want to pull it out to run a new camera.
Anyway I hit up Amazon and the dame damn chines camera the shop had is on sale for $23.99 and three used ones for $11.99.

I think im just going to order one and put the shit in myself. I thought it had some kind of spacial video cable, but it looks to be a regular wire I can solder on.

I alreayd have the wire going to the head unit...but do anyone know if this shit might work? lol

Here is the amazon shit.
Amazon Amazon
Amazon (Links)Amazon (Links)

id have to dril a 1 inch hold in my bumper.

"><a href=" /> ">
<a href=" />

id mount mines on the side.

I also thought about adding one to my trailer...this guy did it....

here is the one i got now....

"><a href=" /> ">
<a href=" />

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#2)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

December 4, 2011, 01:09 AM

Oh snapp...they sell this at wallmart...

Walmart.com: XOvision HTC35 Universal Car Backup Camera: Auto Electronics

ok fuggit...i just ordered it from wall-mart...

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Racer

December 4, 2011, 01:28 AM

Hey dude that sucks but my suggestion is if your radio was a bitch to get in the first place just place a new camera and use the same line.. Check and see what the camera voltage and mili amps are. more than likely it will be a 12v. and order a camera that fits the same mo and just splice it into the original wire. make sure you put the splice in a splice box with silicon in it so you won't have to worry about it getting wet.

99 CBR 600 F4 "Black Betty"
05 CBR 600 RR (Stolen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
yes .net is serious business, we only talk about bikes and bike related things EVAH!
* Disclaimer - Bad Speller
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

December 4, 2011, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyo View Post
Hey dude that sucks but my suggestion is if your radio was a bitch to get in the first place just place a new camera and use the same line.. Check and see what the camera voltage and mili amps are. more than likely it will be a 12v. and order a camera that fits the same mo and just splice it into the original wire. make sure you put the splice in a splice box with silicon in it so you won't have to worry about it getting wet.

Thats exactly what I was thinking.....
instead of running a new line...

YOu have to wire this camera to the RCA jacks anyway...so I hope the one on my truck is color coded so i can just slice and dice and keep it moving.

I think im going to get a heat gun for wire jobs...I have two bikes to wire up Bazzaz units to also...so its not like I cant use a heat gun and shrink tubes (after soldering.)

Unread
  (#5)
GP Racer

December 4, 2011, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Thats exactly what I was thinking.....
instead of running a new line...

YOu have to wire this camera to the RCA jacks anyway...so I hope the one on my truck is color coded so i can just slice and dice and keep it moving.

I think im going to get a heat gun for wire jobs...I have two bikes to wire up Bazzaz units to also...so its not like I cant use a heat gun and shrink tubes (after soldering.)
well you can still do that but me personally I like for it to have a case like this

that way its protected in case of something happening to it like a rock, ran over deer,water proof, etc...

05 CBR 600 RR (Stolen)

Quote:
yes .net is serious business, we only talk about bikes and bike related things EVAH!
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

December 4, 2011, 07:50 AM

yeah but what about power? don't want get something that's lets see 12v 1000 milli amps and your set up only does 500-700 mili amps. you won't get a picture and think the cam is busted or vise versa and you blow up the camera.

its why i'm saying find out the specs on the camera and try to match it the best you can that way its a straight swap

05 CBR 600 RR (Stolen)

Quote:
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

December 4, 2011, 07:56 AM

Just wait a few years and buy a new truck since the Feds are trying to mandate that all vehicles have them. Apparently about 300 people a year get backed over. It will cost the industry several $$ Billion to implement. So it is something like $18 million per life saved. It is all theoretical since idiots who do not use their mirrors or turn their head, will not look at a camera either. Fucking stupid Feds.

Sorry for the rant, but I hate nanny bullshit that costs money and makes people feel good but in reality does nothing.

I had stopped at an electronics place to get a price on installation of some cameras but they never got back to me. I wanted one on the back of my truck, one inside the trailer so I could make sure the bikes had not fallen over, and one at the back of the trailer for when I am backing with the trailer.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

December 4, 2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimoto View Post
Just wait a few years and buy a new truck since the Feds are trying to mandate that all vehicles have them. Apparently about 300 people a year get backed over. It will cost the industry several $$ Billion to implement. So it is something like $18 million per life saved. It is all theoretical since idiots who do not use their mirrors or turn their head, will not look at a camera either. Fucking stupid Feds.

Sorry for the rant, but I hate nanny bullshit that costs money and makes people feel good but in reality does nothing.

I had stopped at an electronics place to get a price on installation of some cameras but they never got back to me. I wanted one on the back of my truck, one inside the trailer so I could make sure the bikes had not fallen over, and one at the back of the trailer for when I am backing with the trailer.
its all good. Just do it yourself it isn't too difficult

05 CBR 600 RR (Stolen)

Quote:
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

December 4, 2011, 08:45 AM

Yeah, I started looking at it and gave up after awhile. I need to find a 3 way selector switch to change which camera is fed to the monitor, and a waterproof connector for the two camera leads coming from the trailer when I hook that up.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

December 4, 2011, 11:16 PM

Shit...
I didnt think of that...
I get bad feelings and pull over on long trips to check on the bikes in the trailer... I guess I can get two more and put in the trailer to check on the bike and for backing that shit up lol.

what kind of connector would you use?