DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 535
5 members and 530 guests
2blueyam, Diggy, GRN96WS6, nootherids, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rotary Tool opinion
Unread
  (#1)
2 wheels for life

Rotary Tool opinion - October 10, 2011, 10:33 PM

My dremel 4000 shit itself on the first day of use and I was only cut some fiberglass .. wtf! Trying to get a descent set .. what are my options? Tx

Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Groping is a skill...

October 10, 2011, 10:39 PM

Dremmel shouldn't shit itself that quick bro. Mine is still going strong and I've cut tons of ish with it.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
Unread
  (#3)
2 wheels for life

October 10, 2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishexpress View Post
Dremmel shouldn't shit itself that quick bro. Mine is still going strong and I've cut tons of ish with it.
yea that's what I thought too .. it was overheating aswell .. I could barely hold it after a few minutes of use and was around 2500 rpms .. maybe it was a bad batch? I hope walmart isn't making their own fake dremels

Adrenaline Addict
Unread
  (#4)
On vacation

October 10, 2011, 10:51 PM

Take it back, it should be under warranty. I've got the multi-speed corded one and love it. No problems and it can tackle pretty much anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
My wife wants to get LASIK or a boob job

She asked my opinion

I told her I have no vested interest in making her eyesight better
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex View Post
Im not really fast enough to notice a difference between tires. I buy the kind thats black and made out of rubber.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
2 wheels for life

October 10, 2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantGetCaught View Post
Take it back, it should be under warranty. I've got the multi-speed corded one and love it. No problems and it can tackle pretty much anything.
already did! thanks for the reassurance guys .. I will get another one and see how that goes!

Adrenaline Addict
Unread
  (#6)
On vacation

October 10, 2011, 10:59 PM

Just make sure its Dremel brand, cuz there are cheap replicas that look the same but aren't the same quality.

Quote:

She asked my opinion

Quote:
Im not really fast enough to notice a difference between tires. I buy the kind thats black and made out of rubber.
Unread
  (#7)
2 wheels for life

October 10, 2011, 11:20 PM

hmm .. its not just me
Amazon (Links)Amazon (Links)

Adrenaline Addict
Unread
  (#8)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

October 10, 2011, 11:34 PM

well you got it from walmart...and upside to Wmart is they take everything back even if it isnt theirsLOL

[SIGPIC]http://www.griseldaonline.it/foto/6galleria/tradimenti/warhol%20last%20supper%201986.jpg[/SIGPIC]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.

Unread
  (#9)
Your Ad Here

October 10, 2011, 11:57 PM

Yeah, Dremel is pretty quality stuff. I've had mine for 10 years. Still going strong. Lost count of all the attachments I have for it.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
Derpentine Dealer

October 11, 2011, 05:40 AM

With Dremmel or any rotary tool, go with the corded, plug-in type. Don't go cordless--they pretty much suck.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#11)
turn or crash....

October 11, 2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
With Dremmel or any rotary tool, go with the corded, plug-in type. Don't go cordless--they pretty much suck.
100% agreed here corded FTW!. I've got a 10+ year old dremel and it's still going strong.

- djkouza
############
Bikes: I might own one...
############
djkouza - XBOX
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to djkouza  
Unread
  (#12)
just some dude

October 11, 2011, 10:03 AM

cordless tools suck for home use. i don't understand why homeowners buy them, because you use them once and they sit around for months while the battery pack loses its charge. i had a ryobi cordless multi-tool set years ago, and while the tools were great, the battery packs were a pain in the ass to charge/recharge and they quickly lost their charging capacity.

2013 Toyota Prius C4, holding up traffic...
2009 FZ1 (R-77 carbon exhaust, PC V, BMC air filter, D-shaped 'flies, chopped airbox and AIS, FCE; SW-Motech toprack and quick-release siderack, E55 topcase, pair of V35 sidecase, Woodcraft frame sliders)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to novasquid Send a message via AIM to novasquid  
Unread
  (#13)
On vacation

October 11, 2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novasquid View Post
cordless tools suck for home use. i don't understand why homeowners buy them, because you use them once and they sit around for months while the battery pack loses its charge. i had a ryobi cordless multi-tool set years ago, and while the tools were great, the battery packs were a pain in the ass to charge/recharge and they quickly lost their charging capacity.
As a general rule, cordless tools have gotten much better over the years. New Li-ion batteries replaced the old Ni-Cd ones, allowing longer use per charge and faster charging times. There's even a new type that I'm not up to date on that's supposedly better than Li-ion, but generally, you should pull the batteries out the tool if you don't plan on using ut fir awhile, otherwise they will lose their charge. Also, lower end tools charge much slower than higher end tools, so you're waiting around longer to use them. Having said all that, when it comes to rotary tools, I agree that corded is the way to go.

Quote:

She asked my opinion

Quote:
Unread
  (#14)
5 yrs till Brood X emerge

October 11, 2011, 11:26 AM

Dremel sucks. Buy a Foredom, it'll be the last one you'll ever buy. Quality tools & made in china is not possible here in the US.

The chinese can make decent quality stuff but it stays in china. Do you think they have a military and space program built w/ Harbor Freight tools? No way, HF sucks.

US retailers only import to the US the lowest quality chinese junk. Meanwhile, stupid consumers buy this crap w/o regard to quality. They see price only. Quality retailers try and compete by cutting quality and price, and they go out of business. Then you are left w/ no choice to buy chinese crap. Everyone looses in this downward spiral except for the chinese who keep theere currency artificially deppresed in value.

And also understand big box stores like Home Depot etc have "special models" made for them to a specific price point. But they leave out quality or engineering to cheapen it down, but it looks otherwise like the higher end tool.
Unread
  (#15)
Derpetologist

October 11, 2011, 11:39 AM

+1

I've been on a made-in-USA bender lately. Don't buy much these days but when i do, I try to buy it through a brick and mortar and manufactured here if I can. Companies need incentive to build good shit here...

That said, my old as shit dremel works great

Sidenote, interestingly enough I've heard American chopsticks manufacturers are doing quite well exporting to China

*Not intended to be a factual statement.

Last edited by Rail; October 11, 2011 at 11:44 AM..