DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 450
3 members and 447 guests
2blueyam, GRN96WS6, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rudest Drivers in DC by Car Brand is?
Unread
  (#1)
5 yrs till Brood X emerge

Rudest Drivers in DC by Car Brand is? - September 8, 2011, 06:00 PM

Saw the Lexus crashes into GTO thread..... and didn't want to thread jack. But it reminded me of an observational conclusion I have come to in my over 15 years commuting between MoCo, PG Co, & NoVa from my home in Gaithersburg. And my two long-term carpool partners I've had sorta agreed w/ me.

The rudest (not worst, or dangerous) drivers, by car brand, are....

DC Rudest Driver by brand: Lexus
1st Runner Up Rudest: Mercedes
2nd Runner Up Rudest: BMW

So I would be curious if your experiences mirror mine. The drivers above, by my observation, are the most likely to shove their car in front of you at the very last minute from a lane that is signed "Lane Ends", zoom in front of you to get into the EZ Pass lane at the 267 toll road booths, or try and needle their way in front of you at the last second if a lane is closed due to an accident or whatever. You get the picture what I'm saying.

My theory is these are higher end cars with a higher percentage of Type A, "me first, I'm most important", type folks behind the wheel. That it just goes w/ the territory w/ owning these types of cars. Not making excuses for them. Just trying to explain the phenomena.

I would be curious if anyone agrees/disagrees. I tend to be a real hard ass in traffic. A high end car driver or taxi/shuttle driver will get no slack from me in a traffic bottleneck. I won't even give you the benefit of a doubt in traffic. I will run you into the ditch before opening up space in a bottleneck to a Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, or taxi/shuttle driver.

18 wheelers I will just about 100% cut you slack in difficult traffic. As will I for MOST buses. Buses can be an aggressive lot on there own. But it comes w/ driving in DC, they kinda have to be that way when stops/turns, can be on opposite sides of the road.

So all you fuckers driving high end imports watch out for a dark blue Ford Ranger PU w/ a 675 sticker on the back window, Ron Paul bumper sticker, & a MD tag. I will fuck U up in the merge lane if you insist on being a total dick in traffic. My truck has 200K miles and am waiting for some asshat Lexus driver to give me an excuse to to give them a custom Ranger door swipe trick paint job in dark blue.

Last edited by morsetaper2; September 8, 2011 at 06:07 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

September 8, 2011, 06:01 PM

mine are anyone with a DC MD OR VA plate...they havent figured out what merge means...and they constantly stay on the cell phone

[SIGPIC]http://www.griseldaonline.it/foto/6galleria/tradimenti/warhol%20last%20supper%201986.jpg[/SIGPIC]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.

Unread
  (#3)
Derpentine Dealer

September 8, 2011, 06:02 PM

I've had the worst interactions with Benz drivers. I fucking HATE Benz for this reason and general purposes too.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#4)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

September 8, 2011, 06:03 PM

Fucking Prius and volvo drivers

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#5)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

September 8, 2011, 06:08 PM

Smartcar drivers always have an annoying grin on their face and attempt to fit in whereever they want

I noticed new model Jag owners tend to be dicks

[SIGPIC]http://www.griseldaonline.it/foto/6galleria/tradimenti/warhol%20last%20supper%201986.jpg[/SIGPIC]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.

Unread
  (#6)

September 8, 2011, 06:17 PM

Note I have asked you....

Who are the "rudest drivers by brand".

Not who are the most absent minded, blissfully ignorant, or totally in-cognizant. Want to know who are the drivers (by brand) who are most likely to intentionally run to the very end of the lane ending types, & etc. The "I'm more important than you" type driving attitudes.

Lemme know.
Unread
  (#7)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

September 8, 2011, 06:18 PM

smartcars....... then jags

Unread
  (#8)
Your Ad Here

September 8, 2011, 06:20 PM

The rudest drivers in DC by brand is ANYTHING a diplomatic plate is attached to.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
Derpentine Dealer

September 8, 2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morsetaper2 View Post
Note I have asked you....

Who are the "rudest drivers by brand".

Not who are the most absent minded, blissfully ignorant, or totally in-cognizant. Want to know who are the drivers (by brand) who are most likely to intentionally run to the very end of the lane ending types, & etc. The "I'm more important than you" type driving attitudes.

Lemme know.
I told you, Benz assholes. I had one smile as he pushed me out of my lane on southbound 270 once, and there have been countless similar encounters before and after that as well.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#10)
SRWJTS Recruiter

September 8, 2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131 View Post
Fucking Prius [...] drivers
+1

"Remember you may love your bike but your bike doesn't love you and that bitch will kill you the first time you do her wrong."

MARRC Cornerworker
http://www.marrc.org/

2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
2006 Yamaha R6 - Anniversary Edition - SOLD
2005 Yamaha R6 - SOLD
2001 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD
Unread
  (#11)

September 8, 2011, 06:45 PM

I have personally labelled Mercedes drives as #2 rudest.

But Prius drivers are way low, don't even show up on my rude driver radar. So I'm very perplexed at that claim?
Unread
  (#12)
It's Ride Time!

September 8, 2011, 06:53 PM

BMW drivers think they own the fucking road which equals assholes!
Unread
  (#13)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

September 8, 2011, 06:54 PM

it depends on what MERC/BMW drivers though... you got different groups...

BMW you got your young kids who get like a used e30 or e46 and try ricing everyone and have no driving skill

then you have your middle aged guy buying M5s doing the same....

as far as merc go i tend to notice the more horrible drivers are of the Urban demographic with a 8 yearold leased benz sitting on 30inch wheels...

Unread
  (#14)
Being nice :)

September 8, 2011, 06:55 PM

Crown Vics w/ tooty fruity lights on top. fggt "public servants"!

You're Welcome...
Unread
  (#15)

September 8, 2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
Crown Vics w/ tooty fruity lights on top. fggt "public servants"!
LOL, you nailed it, and it goes w/o saying... Your user title should be "Shit Stirrer"