DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 564
0 members and 564 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Russia - The rise of a giant
Unread
  (#1)
B
It goes to 11.

Russia - The rise of a giant - December 19, 2007, 10:58 AM

http://www.time.com/time/specials/20...0766-1,00.html

I found this article interesting... it is both impressed with Putin, as a man, and yet pretty frank in it's perception and description of the man. I found the last two pages of the six page article to be the most interesting, you may get the most out of it by skimming the first four...

I have illistrated the political and economic tensions that have existed between the US and Russia in many posts. These tensions have been the drivers for many wars all over the world... mainly the cold-war and post cold-war skirmishes fueling Afiganistan, many of the African conflicts, Vietnam, North Korea, and even Argentinian and Venezuelian political unrest...

When it comes down to it the drivers behind this is economic world dominance to facilitate weath within a country... this dominance is always manifested through military acumen and brute force. Though the former has been utilized through proxy-wars in an attempt to avoid mutual assured destruction.

A good opinion on the Russia we may see in the next few years. An interesting perspective on the man you will be running it, in the seat of power or behind it.

Opinions that speak to the article are welcome, comments that speak to a poster should be polite and applicable to the subject.

Enjoy.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#2)
opossum puncher

December 19, 2007, 11:44 AM

Ill skim through in a second but first will pass on to my girl friend and probably my pops. GF is enamored with Russia and decided to add Russian Studies as a minor when she was at JMU. My father got his Masters in PS from GW, his focus was Russia (he wanted to be a spook).

If I sneeze around those two and it sounds like Russia thier eyes light up and they go off for hours.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
i read it.
Unread
  (#3)
anything with two wheels

i read it. - December 19, 2007, 12:00 PM

I read it. All six pages on CNN this morning. This man is no doubt an over achiever and a force to be wary of. He's a dangerousl powerful person with no one to account to.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to 2wheelin  
Unread
  (#4)
opossum puncher

December 19, 2007, 12:59 PM

An incredibly intelligent man, who no doubt is a master of controlling the impression given and opinions of him, his office, and his country. I have no doubt that his wording, reactions, and timing were calculated, and executed for specific impact.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool