DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 560
2 members and 558 guests
2blueyam, REDSKTL 280ZX
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Sad Story
Unread
  (#1)
Officially Addicted to Posting

Sad Story - July 22, 2008, 06:26 PM

My dad sent me this article this morning. He was a Staff Sergeant in Vietnam and the victim in this story served in his unit. Unf*ckinbelievable:

Details emerge from Harris couple's deaths

Four defendants pretended to need gas money to gain access into home

BY ALAN RIQUELMY - ariquelmy@ledger-enquirer.com --

HAMILTON --

The four defendants accused of a Waverly Hall double homicide pretended to need gas money when they knocked on Jerry Church's door June 28, an investigator said Wednesday.

The plan was hatched earlier that night after the two men and two boys already had stolen beer from one of Church's properties, Harris County Sheriff's Sgt. Gary Lewis testified in Harris County Magistrate Court. The stories differed slightly, though it appears the group decided to get more alcohol by approaching the home of Church, 61, and his wife, Sherlene Robinson, 57, knocking on the door and hitting whomever answered.

According to the story of 19-year-old Dereck Cox, he, Kevin Thomas McKay, 21, and a 16-year-old male stepped up to Church's front porch on Red Oak Drive while a 13-year-old male waited nearby. The story was that the group had broken down nearby and needed some gas money. Church said he didn't have any, Lewis testified.

"(The 16-year-old) struck Mr. Church in the face," the sergeant said. "Mr. McKay rushed Mr. Church."

Cox followed inside, shut the door and proceeded to the kitchen in his search for alcohol.

McKay's story, however, was different in that respect. He told Lewis during an interview after his arrest that the plan was hatched by the 16-year-old and supported by Cox. Instead of Cox searching for alcohol, Lewis said McKay told him he was the one who went into the kitchen while Cox began choking Robinson and the 16-year-old was beating Church.

When McKay returned from the bedroom in his search for cash, Cox asked him if he should snap Robinson's neck.

"McKay said, 'Do something with her,' " Lewis testified.

The 16-year-old told Lewis that McKay gave a knife to Cox, who then stabbed Church in the neck. McKay told Lewis that he used the wall to steady himself when he stomped on Church's chest several times before the 16-year-old took a stereo speaker and bashed in Church's face and head.

The group left in one vehicle but realized the key to another vehicle was on the key ring, then returned to get the other, Lewis said.

One witness told Lewis that the 13-year-old and the 16-year-old approached him about opening lockboxes before the bodies were discovered June 28. They took the witness to Church's house that Saturday morning. But when he saw the bodies in the living room, he left, Lewis said.

Another witness told Lewis that the 13-year-old offered Sunday morning to buy his motorcycle. When he asked where the youth had gotten $900, he replied that it came from the sale of his mother's car.

Lewis learned the car had been sold a year ago.

McKay was arrested June 28 after deputies were called to the scene of an accident on Ga. 18 near the 7-mile marker. Witnesses said they saw a man carrying a bottle of vodka walk from a gold 2004 Chrysler Sebring and into the woods. Deputies found a man, later determined to be McKay, walking along Salem Road.

Lewis learned that Cox had been arrested for DUI in Troup County about 20 minutes before McKay's arrest. He had been driving a truck owned by Church, the sergeant said.
Deputies discovered the bodies when they went to Church's home to tell him about the stolen Sebring.

The 16-year-old and 13-year-old were linked to the slayings afterward.

Magistrate Court Judge Charlotte Brashears bound all the cases to Harris County Superior Court. The defendants are being held without bond.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Posting Nothing Relevant

July 22, 2008, 07:16 PM

death penalty... nuff said.

sucks to hear, R.I.P.

The East Coast Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
This is America I can shit where I want. FREEDOM!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to eck226 Send a message via AIM to eck226  
Unread
  (#3)
Derpentine Dealer

July 22, 2008, 08:49 PM

That's pretty messed up. Guy serves his country and look what he gets for his trouble. Ruthless thugs kill him and his wife for some booze. Depressing.
Unread
  (#4)
Officially Addicted to Posting

July 22, 2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude
That's pretty messed up. Guy serves his country and look what he gets for his trouble. Ruthless thugs kill him and his wife for some booze. Depressing.
I said almost the exact same thing to my dad, "That is horrible. The man survives the war only to be cut down years later by a bunch of punks in his own home. Over nothing more than some booze!?"
Unread
  (#5)
Licensed Rider

July 22, 2008, 09:12 PM

an eye for an eye
Unread
  (#6)
GDMFSOB

July 22, 2008, 09:26 PM

Vigalante justice doesn't sound so bad any more. My father served in Korea starting in '51, and then in Viet Nam as well. If this happened to my parents, I would peel the flesh from these rodents and bathe them in kerosene.
Then have one more cigarette.........

#132 EX
Proudly representing: DC-MOTO, Amsoil, SHOEI, Woodcraft-CFM, MARRC

2015 MARRC Crash & Burn Award
2014 MARRC Sportsmanship Award
2013 MARRC Amateur of the Year
2012 MARRC Cornerworker of the Year
www.marrc.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!.
Unread
  (#7)
Magic Carpet Ride

July 22, 2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude
Just curious John...what's your stance on gun rights now?
Unread
  (#8)
Popplers!

July 22, 2008, 09:36 PM

I agree with everything above.
Unread
  (#9)
Track Ho

July 22, 2008, 10:22 PM

that sucks I wonder if he had answered the door with a gun it would have been different

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"
Unread
  (#10)
B
It goes to 11.

July 22, 2008, 11:01 PM

Glass the place... oh... wait...

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#11)
2 wheels for life

July 22, 2008, 11:07 PM

just sad ... dont bring up the gun issue here ..
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
P

July 23, 2008, 03:55 AM

that's terrible... RIP brother.

Jah Love

2006 SV650S
Unread
  (#13)
Derpentine Dealer

July 23, 2008, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor
Just curious John...what's your stance on gun rights now?
Tom, I'll answer your question if you answer mine. What kind of society raises not one, not two, but four kids who get together and go do this kind of thing?

I've always been pro-ownership but I believe in tighter restrictions and regulation. I WISH people felt they did not need handguns. However, the reality is that it's a violent country. Therefore, I'm not a Hilary Clinton "take away your guns" kind of person. Not a "take it out of my cold, dead hands" person either though.

Who knows, this guy was a vet and may have been armed to the teeth. We don't have that information. Regardless, it won't do you any good in the situation described in the article unless you walk around packing in your own home. Sure, if he was diligent about grabbing hold of a loaded handgun before answering every knock at the door, he might have fended off these lunatics. Not many people are that diligent though. As for the ones that are, the rest of peaceful society kinda thinks they're nuts.
Unread
  (#14)
Wild, Twisty West VA

July 23, 2008, 05:22 AM

Almost a Clockwork Orange type of nightmare. In Britain a few years back, "Travelers" used the young kids/teens MO to gain access unsuspecting good samaritans' homes.
Unread
  (#15)
TEAM.SUKUZI

July 23, 2008, 06:39 AM

=( RIP and hope them kids get butt raped.

sex addict