DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 545
1 members and 544 guests
Taty
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Seahawk lands on Madden cover
Unread
  (#1)
Face Down @$$ UP

Seahawk lands on Madden cover - April 21, 2006, 12:07 PM

Running back Shaun Alexander adds prestigious honor of Madden NFL 2007 cover athlete to professional accolades.

By Tim Surette --GameSpot Posted Apr 20, 2006 3:50 pm PT

In the past, sports stars knew they had really made it when they landed a deal with a shoe company, soft drink, or even their own cologne. Now, the upper echelon of athletes separates itself from the mere all-stars by one thing: getting on the cover of a sports game. The cream of the crop is the Madden NFL cover, and even with all the superstition that surrounds it, it's still considered a prestigious honor.
Today, on ESPN's SportsCenter, 2005-2006 NFL Most Valuable Player Shaun Alexander was announced as the cover athlete for Madden NFL 2007. The Seattle Seahawks running back was a fixture on highlight reels and delighted fantasy-football owners everywhere by rushing for a record-breaking 27 touchdowns.
"To be on the cover of Madden NFL '07 is a big milestone in my career, since I have always been a huge fan of this franchise," said Alexander.

As is the case, the cover athlete's position represents the latest emphasis on new features in the game. Last year, Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb helped usher in the new quarterback vision system, and linebacker Ray Lewis covered the game when defensive tweaks were made to the 2005 edition. This year, Alexander says there will be an "improved running game," but neither he nor EA went into detail.

He and his team may have lost last year's Super Bowl (though some in Seattle would argue that the referees did), but to say things are going well for Alexander would be an understatement. In addition to being on the cover of the most successful gaming franchise, the Alabama alumnus signed an eight-year, $62 million contract last month.
Madden NFL 2007 will be released on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox, Nintendo DS, PC, PlayStation Portable, and Game Boy Advance in August, but noticeably absent were any mentions of a PlayStation 3 or Revolution edition.

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#2)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

April 21, 2006, 12:14 PM

Damm right F those steelers.......Shaun gets all the props along with the SEAHAWKS!!!!!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#3)
rdg
best avatar in the biz

April 21, 2006, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WvGoDFather
but noticeably absent were any mentions of a PlayStation 3 or Revolution edition.
noticeable because Electronic Arts can possibly determine the fate of a console system. Just ask Sega about their Dreamcast, which had no Electronic Arts games.

Sean Alexander deserves. He was essentially the top rusher in the NFL two seasons in a row (Holmgren screwed him two seasons ago). If not for him, Seattle's passing game would have been a lot less destructive.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Face Down @$$ UP

April 21, 2006, 12:20 PM

Games come and go...But SuperBowl Champions are Forever!
Screw a Madden cover. Bring on the SuperBowl !
I can honestly say that, I am sure that EA will produce a title for PS3. It would be bad business sense not to. Considering the Ps3 will be the 1st blue-ray game console, and BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW the XBox 360 to hell and back.

"If brains were gas. You wouldnt have enough gas, to drive a piss-ants' motorcycle, half-way around a BB."

Last edited by WvGoDFather; April 21, 2006 at 12:24 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to WvGoDFather Send a message via MSN to WvGoDFather  
Unread
  (#5)
AMA Superbike Champ

April 21, 2006, 12:27 PM

Now he's got the Madden curse!!! Seems like who ever is ont he cover, the next year something bad will happen to them.

Take a look

2001- Cover was Eddie George
George's curse came in 2001 where he failed to break 1000 yards and Tennessee missed the playoffs going 7-9.

2002- Cover was Duante Culpepper
Culpepper missed 4 games with injury, threw for 1300 less yards and 19 less TD's then in 2000. Minnesota's worst record since 1984. TD's then in 2000. Minnesota's worst record since 1984.

2003 - Cover was Marshall Faulk
Despite playing the same amount of games, Faulk rushed for 430 less yards and had 4 less TDs compared to 2001. Faulk's worst season since 1996. Rams scored only 16 more points then their 1996 team who had Tony Banks at QB and Lawrence Phillips at RB

2004 - Cover was Michael Vick
Vick missed the first 11 games with a broken leg. Vick's QB rating, comp pct, and yards per attempt were all down from 2002.

2005 - Cover was Ray Lewis
Ray Lewis for the most part avoided the curse. His numbers were slightly down from the year before, but he missed one game. He did not record an interception in 2004, the first time in his career.

2006 - Cover was Donovan Mcnabb
After 9 games he is out for the year with a sports hernia and an injured groin. Mcnabb threw for more interceptions and his yards per attempt and completion percentage were down from 2004. Eagles are 6-9 and are out of the playoffs for the first time since 1999.

Good luck Shaun!!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to RichieRichR6  
Unread
  (#6)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

April 21, 2006, 12:29 PM

He's fucked. He will have a crappy year or a major injury.

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#7)
Face Down @$$ UP

April 21, 2006, 12:30 PM

Unread
  (#8)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

April 21, 2006, 12:36 PM

I hate u rossi.................
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#9)
AMA Superbike Champ

April 21, 2006, 12:43 PM

He may drop on my fantasy roster this year. We will see.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to RichieRichR6