DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 484
0 members and 484 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Senior Network Engineering Job in DC
Unread
  (#1)
Owner of the Site Owner

Senior Network Engineering Job in DC - July 18, 2006, 07:05 AM

Senior Network Engineer position with SRA - working for the GAO. It's in DC - right next to the MCI Center.

All cisco equipment, real basic network, pay should start at 85k but depending on experience can get near 6 digits.

please email me your resume

paul_baz@sra.com

-

I tow 747s

"gixrB: I like it hard, with a lot of feel"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Emm Teh

July 18, 2006, 08:12 AM

I'm going through my 5 year review right now so I can't jump ship. Sometime in December / January I'll be looking for a new position. I've got my SCI, but no lifestyle poly... Experience is mostly in computer forensics, and intrusion investigations, but have spent the last 3 years as a network engineer.

-- Ducati 1198SP
-- 185cc MadAss Commute 'Scoot
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to Michael.Terence Send a message via AIM to Michael.Terence  
Unread
  (#3)
Owner of the Site Owner

July 18, 2006, 08:18 AM

well when you get to that time frame, let me know i am sure I can still help you out.

-

I tow 747s

Unread
  (#4)
B
It goes to 11.

July 18, 2006, 08:36 AM

Hmmm... What certs do they want? Cisco and the assorted microsoft I suppose?

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#5)
Owner of the Site Owner

July 18, 2006, 08:38 AM

cisco .. or degree or neither if unless u have a lot of experience.

-

I tow 747s

Clearance
Unread
  (#6)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

Clearance - July 18, 2006, 08:58 AM

What happens if you jump ship during or right before your five year review? I ask because I just recieved a job offer and want to accept but my clearance is up for reinvestigation and due to the problems OPM had, it is going to take awhile.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to WiLdNess  
Unread
  (#7)
Signed up for Track Days!

July 18, 2006, 01:39 PM

posts like these make me wonder why i even bothered going to college... I should have ordered my degree from sally struthers and trained in net admin/tech support
Unread
  (#8)
Site ADMIN

July 18, 2006, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbagums
posts like these make me wonder why i even bothered going to college... I should have ordered my degree from sally struthers and trained in net admin/tech support
Dont let that get out ok?

If your clearance is being worked on by OPM, I woud NOT change jobs just b/c it would totally screw you. The office is so slow and any changes like that would most likely let your clearance lapse and that would be even worse.

Paulio, you didnt mention clearance. Would the company maintain yours if you didnt need it at that site?

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#9)

July 18, 2006, 01:46 PM

Last edited by Bubbagums; July 18, 2006 at 02:55 PM..
Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

July 18, 2006, 01:52 PM

Negative ghostrider. Companies submit paperwork to say they no longer have the employee. If your new company requires or lets you keep your clearance, they can submit the paperwork to OPM.

If it was cancelled, it would cause more work for the already overworked OPM office.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#11)

July 18, 2006, 01:59 PM

Unread
  (#12)
Site ADMIN

July 18, 2006, 02:02 PM

It will if your new company doesnt send in the paperwork. They can actually make it so that you can keep your clearance even if you dont need it.

Anyone who tells you that it cost a company $$ for sec clearances is full of shit. It is free of charge and paid for by taxpayers $$.. Eg OPM...

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#13)

July 18, 2006, 02:05 PM

I've got more chances of succesfully dialing up Ms. Jolie and asking her if I can hit it.
Unread
  (#14)
Site ADMIN

July 18, 2006, 02:06 PM

thats some good odd's

:offtopic:

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#15)

July 18, 2006, 02:08 PM