DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 557
2 members and 555 guests
cicirich, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
She's gone now.
Unread
  (#1)
Nothing here

She's gone now. - April 4, 2007, 08:12 AM

Last night Walked a.k.a. Francis came and made the exchange. A piece of paper with numbers on it for the key to a sexy beast. As I watched those rediculously small tail lights so many of you have complained about grow smaller and finally disapear around the corner, I felt my heart sink. When I finally could no longer hear the open pipe popping from the throttle opening and closing, I felt my heart stop. It was, to me, akin to losing a best friend. Is that silly? Maybe, but I know this: I will sorely miss riding with all of you as I can say with near certainty that I am completely finished with the final chapter of this glorious book about riding sportbikes.

Anyway, take splendid care of her and be cautious when she gets cranky. And remember, you promised to keep the sticker on the windscreen. It always kept me safe. ENJOY and stay safe out there.

Travis
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
B
It goes to 11.

April 4, 2007, 08:20 AM

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#3)
SIN MC President

April 4, 2007, 08:22 AM

I think I said this in another post earlier this week: It's the rider, not the bike. Though you're leaving the sport, the sport hasn't left you...and you know where to find us for anything; hanging out, chatting, catching up..

head up. Your are correct..it is like losing a friend, so be sad..but the happy memories that were created will always be greater than the loss...
Unread
  (#4)
Spike

April 4, 2007, 08:26 AM

I think i'm gonna cry......ok, not really but that WAS sad!

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#5)
opossum puncher

April 4, 2007, 08:26 AM

Im gonna miss your ride reports. I wish I had the chance to of riden with you.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

April 4, 2007, 08:35 AM

Ms. S1NFUL
I Christian Grey (50 Shades Trilogy)
I have O.C.D. = Obsessive Cullen Disorder
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Trinity  
Unread
  (#7)
Naked...it's the only way

April 4, 2007, 08:38 AM

can someone fill me in here? pretty please?
Unread
  (#8)
I just peed a little

April 4, 2007, 08:43 AM

ok...I'm a pansie...that did make me cry
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Monkey Send a message via AIM to Monkey Send a message via Skype™ to Monkey 
Unread
  (#9)
Nothing here

April 4, 2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven
can someone fill me in here? pretty please?
I'll help you out. This is where it all began for me. It's just something I never really recovered from.

The conflict within
Unread
  (#10)
Ling Long

April 4, 2007, 09:06 AM

Travis:
Though I've only ridden with you a couple of times, each time was a great day. We're all sad to see you leave the sport and will miss seeing that amazingly unique R1. But, you haven't lost any friends. Don't be a stranger around here, and if you ever need anything, you know you can call on us any time.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#11)
Nothing here

April 4, 2007, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMatt
Travis:
Though I've only ridden with you a couple of times, each time was a great day. We're all sad to see you leave the sport and will miss seeing that amazingly unique R1. But, you haven't lost any friends. Don't be a stranger around here, and if you ever need anything, you know you can call on us any time.
I never crossed this family off my list even for a second. I have made great friends here and will stay active in the boards and on the roads. Don't forget, I rock a Biker Friendly sticker and attitude. Thanks .Net!
Unread
  (#12)
Ready To Rock & Roll!

April 4, 2007, 09:28 AM

Damn Travis, hate to see you go buddy. I'll tell you though, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I'd be lying if I said that the same thoughts hadn't popped into my head from time to time. It's crazy, b/c w/your link to where it first started w/you, i can see myself writing those exact words (minus the mini-me, no kids yet). I unfortunately became a part of that 5% you talked about, and it's no fun, let me tell you. Mike and me, yeah, we know first hand and it's no fun. THANKFULLY, we both survived our little mishaps. I can't speak for Mike, but right now i'm planning on getting back in the saddle, as long as i heal up right. but with each passing day that i'm laid up, i think about it a little more, and it scares me sometimes. Well, like it's been said by others, i hate to see you put her away like that, but you did what was best for you. just don't be a stranger, okay?

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, a beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally warn out and screaming WHOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!"

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1023383869

http://www.nki41.com/
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to norihaga  
Unread
  (#13)
Red Sox Nation

April 4, 2007, 09:51 AM

This is a good post. There are times where I'll just be sitting at work or sitting on my couch eating a sandwich or something and out of nowhere think about crashing my bike comes into my head? Like a car pulling out in front of me or something. Or the times when my parents come down from NY and I can see them looking down at the ground through the kitchen window as I get on my motorcycle for a weekend ride. Episodes like that scare the shit out of me. Before I crashed last season I started to be able to wheelie and crap pretty good and now whenever I get the urge I shake it off. Same with slamming the throttle as far as it goes. As I notice these things I believe I may be on the road to retirement.

Good luck.

Yankees Suck
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to -yz-  
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

April 4, 2007, 11:31 AM

damn man... that post made a lump in my throat... i can only imagine how that must feel...

2001 GSXR 1000 (The bike that lit the afterburner on the liter class world)
2012 Monster 1100 Evo
2003 Yamaha YZFR6 (track only)

mmm... carbon fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by No One Ever
Awesome Prius!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to skwidrific Send a message via AIM to skwidrific  
Unread
  (#15)
Still here

April 4, 2007, 11:54 AM

Umm Travis...you can always send photos....forever!!

02 1100 VStar

I've got a bike and I ride it year round. Nuff said

.Net - Those that care, post.
Those that don't care, seem to post too.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to vstargidget Send a message via AIM to vstargidget