DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 583
5 members and 578 guests
davidcycle, GRN96WS6, HenryW, Slider, superchickencornermonster
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Shit like this pisses me off
Unread
  (#1)
I hate Hybrid drivers

Shit like this pisses me off - November 17, 2010, 09:26 AM

I don't often get bothered by stuff but stupid shit like this really pisses me off.

Courtesy KOVR: It wasn't this California boy's usual ride to school this morning! Hundreds of other bike riders came along--- Many of them veterans, and some from out of state, all wanting to show support to 13-year-old Cody Alicea. School officials had told Cody he shouldn't ride his American flag-decorated bike to school because some students were offended. That kicked up a firestorm of protest. The school superintendent has since apologized, and promised that something like that will not happen again. But the school district is now facing a lawsuit from a civil liberties group.

Glad to see these guys stepped up

Did you see the bike at the 54 second mark being pushed started? Reminds me of another HD that gets push started a lot. Haha, sorry phil.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Groping is a skill...

November 17, 2010, 09:33 AM

How da hell do u push start a vtwin?

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
opossum puncher

November 17, 2010, 09:51 AM

How the F dose some one get offended by an American Flag on a kids bike? An American flag in America, OMG that not PC, ban it. WTF?

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#4)
isn't camping great?!?!

November 17, 2010, 09:56 AM

awesome response.
Unread
  (#5)
Your Ad Here

November 17, 2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishexpress View Post
How da hell do u push start a vtwin?
It's not easy. Ask me how I know. LOL!

Seriously though - if you're offended by the American Flag, leave the country.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Last edited by Heist; November 17, 2010 at 10:04 AM..
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Largely Unsupervised....

November 17, 2010, 10:04 AM

Here's a summary of the original story:
DENAIR – 13-year-old Cody Alicea rides with an American flag on the back of his bike. He says he does this to be patriotic and to honor veterans, like his own grandfather, Robert. He’s had the flag on his bike for two months but Monday, was asked told to take it down.
A school official at Denair Middle School told Cody some students had been complaining about the flag and it was no longer allowed on school property.
[...]
Cody’s grandfather says the school was concerned about racial tensions or uprisings because of the flag
. He feels if there was really a problem it should have been brought up two months ago, not during Veterans week.

I felt the same way David. What the hell? Students complaining? Racial tensions? The rest of the story was that the kid was really sweet about it and didn't want to cause any trouble so he complied with the Principal's request (at the time.) Saying he would honor his Grandfather when not on school property. I'm glad a group of appropriately outraged folks rallied to have him rethink his position. Patriotism is nothing to be ashamed of. If you don't respect the flag while in this country - you don't belong here.

--------------

This has been another fine contribution from Captain Craptastic.

2014 Harley Street Glide
'08 Brass Balls Bobber
'04 KTM 625 SMC
'78 Honda CB750K (soon to be mated to sidecar)
'07 SSR 125
'99 BMW K1200RS (SOLD)
'95 Honda Z50R (donated to a buddy)
'89 CR500R (SOLD)
'83 Honda CB1100F (SOLD)
'82 Honda CB750F (SOLD)
Unread
  (#7)
I hate Hybrid drivers

November 17, 2010, 10:11 AM

Exactly. I'm offended by the people who got offended by an American flag on American soil.
Unread
  (#8)
Give me the Ban Button!

November 17, 2010, 10:16 AM

WOW.....I dont know what to say. Im glad that it has been taken care of.

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#9)
Sofa King We Todd Did

November 17, 2010, 10:21 AM

Be a patriot or GTFO...kudos to those guys showing the little guy that being patriotic is a good thing regardless of what some idiots out there say
Unread
  (#10)
The last urrbendah

November 17, 2010, 10:21 AM

Queue a "it's just a flag" response from certain members.

Personally I would have burned the school down in protest but that's just me. Fire is an excellent teacher.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#11)
Asstastic

November 17, 2010, 10:38 AM

OFF

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...844F779ADF89CA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNDlf6hA6TY

Michael Collins: You are the baddest mo-fo low down around this side of town!!
Whip some ass!!
B.J. Penn: Sho-nuff!
Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

November 17, 2010, 10:43 AM

Fucking california WTF is wrong with this state. When i was elementry school I did the pledge of alegence every day. And it was an honor to be the person to raise and lower the flag the right way (folding it and not letting it touch the ground). Kids dont understand the meaning behind the flag, what it symbolizes and why people look up to it. Until teachers actualy teach this history of the flag and our country. Kids will not respect the flag.

Lots of americans fought and died for our fredom. And thats one of the many things the flag stands for.
Unread
  (#13)
Custom User Title

November 17, 2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600cbr View Post
Fucking california WTF is wrong with this state. When i was elementry school I did the pledge of alegence every day. And it was an honor to be the person to raise and lower the flag the right way (folding it and not letting it touch the ground). Kids dont understand the meaning behind the flag, what it symbolizes and why people look up to it. Until teachers actualy teach this history of the flag and our country. Kids will not respect the flag.

Lots of americans fought and died for our fredom. And thats one of the many things the flag stands for.
To be fair, one of those freedoms is the right to be offended by and protest the flying of the flag. That said, awesome response in support. He looks so happy. I think the school's going to lose this case. Every school I've ever been in has American flags near the entrance or flying overhead. Why is this different? Morons.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MrDan  
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

November 17, 2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600cbr View Post

^this +1

And to the poster who said people have a right to be offended by the flag? WTF seriously? If the flag offends someone they are in the wrong fucking country! You can question the government, its allies, hell even its people! But that flag stands for EVERYTHING that is right in this world! People are acting like the American flag has a damn Swastika on it! WTF?
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

November 17, 2010, 10:52 AM

I am usually suspicious of these sorts of stories. Why do these stories even make the press? Because someone is stirring the pot, that is why. Some administrator says something stupid, but usually someone is trying to egg them on and set them up for some press story.

On a side note, I saw the story the other day that said that -for the first time ever - Latino kids make up majority of students in California public schools. (Link.)

Quote:
Almost 50.4 percent of the state's students in the 2009-10 school year identified themselves as Hispanic or Latino, up 1.36 percent from the previous year.

In comparison, 27 percent of California's 6.2 million students identified themselves as white, 9 percent as Asian and 7 percent as black. Students calling themselves Filipino, Pacific Islander, Native American or other total almost 7 percent.