DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 573
4 members and 569 guests
beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, legendindisguise
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Skyline GT-R
Unread
  (#1)
Got my Permit

Skyline GT-R - July 10, 2008, 01:16 PM

Just curious, anybody getting one or thinking about getting one? I talked to a salesman at one dealership and he said they were getting six in and that five were already spoken for. They were selling them for 15k over. Anyone here also on 6speedonline.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Pleased to meet me

July 10, 2008, 01:21 PM

I love the Skyline drive. Great road.
Unread
  (#3)
need more knee down

July 10, 2008, 01:47 PM

its the nissan gtr and sadly im not paying the mark up on one.

Ill wait for the 4 door infinity version to come out

i troll 6spped periodically
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr 
Unread
  (#4)
( * )|( * )

July 10, 2008, 01:54 PM

I plan on getting one but not for another year or two. My friend has one on order already though. I also don't know enough about the car as far as motor, tranny...etc...etc...so I have to do some homework because I wouldn't keep it stock

I'll drive his and then decide if it's worth the money or not.

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#5)
Got my Permit

July 10, 2008, 01:59 PM

Nice, please post up a review once you've driven it. I'm curious to see what the real world driving impressions are.
Unread
  (#6)
need more knee down

July 10, 2008, 02:02 PM

its worth the money trust me.....just not the market up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_GT-R

no ones poped an engine yet as far as i've found, but the clutch pack for the DSG tranny slips ar aorund 600hp and requires an upgrade (several comapnies in japan have them already). The stock turbos are good til almost 700 and start losing steam.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr 
Unread
  (#7)
VTMC Rider

July 10, 2008, 02:05 PM

Yeah i would like to hear a review too, I can tell you already that modification is very difficult do to the monitoring system but it can be done $$ will be spent though

I would wait till 2010/11 to before even considering buying one, 1 year to work out the kinks at the minimum and the current mark up is outrageous nissan got on dealers for it. in the begining there was talk of a 70k mark up on first release. this was squashed

Riding is good for the soul
- Honda CBR 929rr
- Ducati 1198s
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to MegaTorch7 Send a message via AIM to MegaTorch7  
Unread
  (#8)
SIN MC President

July 10, 2008, 02:13 PM

Those who truly know me know that my dream car is the Skyline! It just hurts me in the wallet to pull the trigger on a GTR this soon... I'll wait a few years for that one... *sigh*

#22 TOTNAC
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS MC

Unread
  (#9)
( * )|( * )

July 10, 2008, 02:15 PM

I'll get in touch with my friend, he's up in B-more so I'll make a trip up once he gets it.

No doubt the car is solid...hell the stock numbers are very impressive...but I'd rather wait and pay MSRP for it. That and right now I don't have the money to get one so in a year or two I'll be able to decide if I want to get one or not.

Chris
Unread
  (#10)
need more knee down

July 10, 2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaTorch7
Yeah i would like to hear a review too, I can tell you already that modification is very difficult do to the monitoring system but it can be done $$ will be spent though

I would wait till 2010/11 to before even considering buying one, 1 year to work out the kinks at the minimum and the current mark up is outrageous nissan got on dealers for it. in the begining there was talk of a 70k mark up on first release. this was squashed
There are a ton of reviews alrready out there from several mags, are you talking about personal owner reviews?

in terms of modification, the GTR is an afermarket gold mine. Ill put $$$ that it surpasses the supra in aftermarket support in the US within a year or two. The US version doesnt have the speed limiter and other restrictions placed on the jdm model. A few of the larger tuning companies went out and bought jdm models just to get a head start on parts as well. the ecu is already cracked as well in japan so expect "chip" upgrades and eprom flashs.

people are flipping their marked up gtr's for even more money. On 6speed specifcally there are several owners picking up their gtrs over the next few weeks for 5-10k markups and selling them for 20k over.
Unread
  (#11)
need more knee down

July 10, 2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousR6
I'll get in touch with my friend, he's up in B-more so I'll make a trip up once he gets it.

No doubt the car is solid...hell the stock numbers are very impressive...but I'd rather wait and pay MSRP for it. That and right now I don't have the money to get one so in a year or two I'll be able to decide if I want to get one or not.
same boat here. but im waiting to see if they carry a 4dr version for infinity like some outlets are rumoring. imagine that performance pack with 2 more doors !!! m5 huh? lol
Unread
  (#12)
( * )|( * )

July 10, 2008, 02:22 PM

This is the first car since the Supra that has caught my interest...except IMO this car has even more potential which is saying quite a bit considering what can be done to a Supra.

Chris
Unread
  (#13)
Mr. Glass

July 10, 2008, 02:25 PM

i the GTR. to bad i cant afford it..

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#14)
Site Admin

July 10, 2008, 02:27 PM

lets all pitch whats left of our stimulus checks and store it in my garage.

that is a SWEEEET car!
Unread
  (#15)
Got my Permit

July 10, 2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVegaJr
There are a ton of reviews alrready out there from several mags, are you talking about personal owner reviews?
Yes, I'm always a little skeptical of magazine reviews. I rather rely more on personal owner reviews because in most cases, there's no agenda. Of course, like many folks, I can not afford one now but maybe in 2-3 years, who knows. The black ones do look sick.