DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 572
6 members and 566 guests
GRN96WS6, nootherids, Sal_the_man, Slider, tonetone, TonUp
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Smoking
Unread
  (#1)
Rock the Mohawk

Angry Smoking - July 8, 2009, 09:25 AM

Does anyone know the latest on Virginia banning cigarette smoking indoors? Why is it that DC and parts of MD care about our health but VA doesn't? Are the VA tobacco companies really that powerful and the citizens that blind?

Even better...why do people still smoke? With all of the information available that shows the adverse effects...why would anyone still smoke? The cost of buying cigarettes and health care when it catches up with you really makes the habit a no brainer...

What kind of role models do we want for our children and for the youth of tomorrow? My grandfather died at 64 because he smoked for 30 years...in my opinion that is just way to young to die!!! Why would you want to leave your family 10, 20, 30 years early?

It is not just bikers but I do see a lot of bikers (at the track, at bike nights or when they are taking a break on a long ride) lighting up. I wish the inside of a smoker's body was evident on the outside so they could see what they were doing to themselves.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DiamondDutchess5 Send a message via Skype™ to DiamondDutchess5 
Unread
  (#2)
What failure looks like

July 8, 2009, 09:30 AM

Here we go again:

I love smoking, I enjoy it very much...I hate regulation and others telling me what to do with my body and my possessions/money.

Why are people so concerned with what others do in the outdoors and in the privacy of their own homes?

'04 600RR - Street
'07 GSX-R 750 - Track only now
TPM #101 - Blue
NESBA #101 - Advanced
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to nrcooled  
Unread
  (#3)
poz top looking 4 neg bot

July 8, 2009, 09:33 AM

lets make alcohol illegal. have you ever seen what alcohol does to one's liver?!

horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Rock the Mohawk

July 8, 2009, 09:34 AM

Maybe because I think almost everyone I'm friends with smokes...maybe I need to get new friends
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DiamondDutchess5 Send a message via Skype™ to DiamondDutchess5 
Unread
  (#5)
where the good spotz at ?

July 8, 2009, 09:34 AM

im going to go light up in your honor ........ right now

DBR 4 Life
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to kidcycle Send a message via AIM to kidcycle  
Unread
  (#6)
Road Kill

July 8, 2009, 09:35 AM

they are going to ban it... and i'm still going to smoke when and where i'm allowed to. can you please go write a post about pot or cocaine or something like that now?

1999 Yamaha R6... from the track, back to the street
www.mmsports.org
SJS Customs

YaoMatt:Here's a free bit of advice: Put down the fucking ho-ho!!! And I don't mean your daughter.

Bexxx: yeah my ass was a wee bit sore after that
BabyBusa04: MY ASS IS SORE AS HELL
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JMURACN  
Unread
  (#7)
One and Only

I'm tired of people preaching about what others should or should not do to their own bodies.

Although I've quit, I still enjoy one every now and then. Everybody that smokes knows the dangers. Guess what, you know the dangers of alot of things, yet you choose to ignore what isn't convenient to you.

Those Pringles you're stuffing your face with?

All that butter on your baked potato?

Like Mtn Dew?

Drink alcohol?

Exercise everyday?

What's your resting h/r?

Point is, until you choose to do everything absolutely possible to ensure your own personal health, leave my health alone.

Right up the 1 hole.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca  
Unread
  (#8)
where the good spotz at ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDutchess5 View Post
Maybe because I think almost everyone I'm friends with smokes...maybe I need to get new friends
i just try to go to outdoor spotz .........

DBR 4 Life
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to kidcycle Send a message via AIM to kidcycle  
Unread
  (#9)
Typical Stripper

July 8, 2009, 09:36 AM

VA ban takes effect in December.

MD and DC dont' care more - they just don't have Philip Morris located there

Reminds me of a joke:

Woman: You shouldnt smoke
Man: My grandmother lived to be 100
Woman: Really?!?!? She smoked?
Man: No, she knew how to keep her fucking mouth shut

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
T.R.I.T.D.H

well the answer to your first question is simple...VA was pretty much funded off of Tobacco...and slaves.

BUT before anyone else posts up...I think it makes a HUGE difference on your perception of smoking when you lose a family member early to cancer. My father quit b/c his cousin died early from lung cancer. And my pops doctor told him he would die if he didn't quit.

He did.

As far as VA law...there is a ban in effect or soon to be

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#11)
Rock the Mohawk

Good luck with your smoking
Unread
  (#12)
Happiness Consultant

July 8, 2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Does anyone know the latest on Virginia banning cigarette smoking indoors? Why is it that DC and parts of MD care about our health but VA doesn't? Are the VA tobacco companies really that powerful and the citizens that blind?
plenty of info here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of....C2.A0Virginia

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#13)
Rock the Mohawk

July 8, 2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
well the answer to your first question is simple...VA was pretty much funded off of Tobacco...and slaves.

BUT before anyone else posts up...I think it makes a HUGE difference on your perception of smoking when you lose a family member early to cancer. My father quit b/c his cousin died early from lung cancer. And my pops doctor told him he would die if he didn't quit.

He did.

As far as VA law...there is a ban in effect or soon to be which isn't going to ban smoking as a whole indoors but it will separate...which is what we already have...
Yes it makes a huge difference in perception when someone you care about smokes but doesn't think its a big deal. I wish it wasn't so addictive.
Unread
  (#14)
guilty by nature

Cool July 8, 2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
I'm tired of people preaching about what others should or should not do to their own bodies.

Although I've quit, I still enjoy one every now and then. Everybody that smokes knows the dangers. Guess what, you know the dangers of alot of things, yet you choose to ignore what isn't convenient to you.

Those Pringles you're stuffing your face with?

All that butter on your baked potato?

Like Mtn Dew?

Drink alcohol?

Exercise everyday?

What's your resting h/r?

Point is, until you choose to do everything absolutely possible to ensure your own personal health, leave my health alone.
yup

Lisa

The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.
Carl Jung

In the future, it would be cool if motorcycles could have some sort of gyroscopic system on them that will make it impossible for them to fall over, or a set of small wheels that will pop out from the sides protecting the bodywork.

blue helmet ponytail hair
Unread
  (#15)
T.R.I.T.D.H

July 8, 2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Yes it makes a huge difference in perception when someone you care about smokes but doesn't think its a big deal. I wish it wasn't so addictive.

In a sense, though it's not guaranteed to happen (death on a bike) but ever asked any family members their thoughts on why and how they oppose to your habit of riding? If any oppose at all?

In my eyes...it's the same thing.

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."