DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 543
0 members and 543 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
So who has some stock tips?
Unread
  (#1)
Banned
 
Posts: 598
Join Date: May 31, 2007
Location: DMV
So who has some stock tips? - May 12, 2010, 03:49 PM

Yeh, like the stock market.

What can I buy for $2 today.......... and be worth $20/share in the short future?

Share some stock tips people.....
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
Super Moderator
 
Scorpion9R's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,648
Join Date: November 30, 2003
Location: Washington Metropolitan Area
May 12, 2010, 03:54 PM

What does your portfolio look like right now? How much you willing to put out and how short is "short future"?


“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell


CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
B
It goes to 11.
 
B's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,806
Join Date: November 8, 2004
Location: Moet Chandon on a Schlitz budget
May 12, 2010, 03:58 PM

Yea, it really depends on how long you're looking to invest. I think anyone here will tell you that a 6 month flip can be dicey in this economic climate. Apple is always a good one to watch.

Dutch usually has some pretty good advice on this stuff.


SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
TPG og
 
b00st's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,576
Join Date: October 9, 2008
Location: Hanover, PA
May 12, 2010, 04:06 PM

Probably wouldn't invest in offshore drilling or subprime mortgages right about now.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
Banned
 
Posts: 598
Join Date: May 31, 2007
Location: DMV
May 12, 2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00STZX3 View Post
Probably wouldn't invest in offshore drilling or subprime mortgages right about now.
lol right

It would be nice to buy some penny stocks, and have that flip to even $1-$2 per share
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ
 
LooseTooth's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,521
Join Date: October 24, 2006
Location: Falls Church
May 12, 2010, 04:33 PM

You're asking for stock tips on an MC forum. Sorry, but you will fail miserably.


"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." - Arthur Ashe
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
Eddie would go ...
 
Dutch's Avatar
 
Posts: 10,507
Join Date: April 16, 2006
May 12, 2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Yea, it really depends on how long you're looking to invest. I think anyone here will tell you that a 6 month flip can be dicey in this economic climate. Apple is always a good one to watch.

Dutch usually has some pretty good advice on this stuff.
Taking a company to Amex next week.... sorry can't say which one

as to mainstream $2 to $20 in six months...good luck

get in and stay in, the ride will only get better


Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#8)
Pleased to meet me
 
nunyadambusiness's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,227
Join Date: April 4, 2003
Location: moon
May 12, 2010, 04:43 PM

and one time at band camp....
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#9)
Eddie would go ...
 
Dutch's Avatar
 
Posts: 10,507
Join Date: April 16, 2006
May 12, 2010, 04:49 PM



Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#10)
B
It goes to 11.
 
B's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,806
Join Date: November 8, 2004
Location: Moet Chandon on a Schlitz budget
May 12, 2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseTooth View Post
You're asking for stock tips on an MC forum. Sorry, but you will fail miserably.
There is actually a surprising amount of professional talent on this board. Probably because of the area we are in.


SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#11)
Banned
 
Posts: 598
Join Date: May 31, 2007
Location: DMV
May 12, 2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseTooth View Post
You're asking for stock tips on an MC forum. Sorry, but you will fail miserably.
Well I am in the non-sportbike forum though right?

And I guess if you ride a motorcycle thats all we know about right?

Stop being so ignorant,and step outside the box.

You acting like only morons ride motorcyles.

Im sure theres a lot of bright people on this board that just happen to ride bikes. And i surely hope riding a motorcycle day in and day out is not what all of us do. Theres more to life than bikes and stocks and a zillion other things are a part of it.

And you dont have to be a wallstreet tycoon to deal with stocks. With etrade and sites like that its real easy.

Stop being so close minded
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ
 
LooseTooth's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,521
Join Date: October 24, 2006
Location: Falls Church
May 12, 2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
There is actually a surprising amount of professional talent on this board. Probably because of the area we are in.
Maybe so but odds are against you. Maybe its just my personal rule to never listen to the advice of another. That was also suggested in one of the books I read on the subject. Last time I took the advice of a friend, who by the way has been in the game a lot longer than I have, I got destroyed. This was on a stock I had been studying and successfully playing all year. I don't know why I assumed he had a better concept, but I'll never do it again.


"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." - Arthur Ashe
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ
 
LooseTooth's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,521
Join Date: October 24, 2006
Location: Falls Church
May 12, 2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter600 View Post
Well I am in the non-sportbike forum though right?

And I guess if you ride a motorcycle thats all we know about right?

Stop being so ignorant,and step outside the box.

You acting like only morons ride motorcyles.

Im sure theres a lot of bright people on this board that just happen to ride bikes. And i surely hope riding a motorcycle day in and day out is not what all of us do. Theres more to life than bikes and stocks and a zillion other things are a part of it.

And you dont have to be a wallstreet tycoon to deal with stocks. With etrade and sites like that its real easy.

Stop being so close minded
Sorry einstein, I'll go back to flipping burgers now.


"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." - Arthur Ashe
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#14)
Banned
 
Posts: 598
Join Date: May 31, 2007
Location: DMV
May 12, 2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseTooth View Post
Maybe so but odds are against you. Maybe its just my personal rule to never listen to the advice of another. That was also suggested in one of the books I read on the subject. Last time I took the advice of a friend, who by the way has been in the game a lot longer than I have, I got destroyed. This was on a stock I had been studying and successfully playing all year. I don't know why I assumed he had a better concept, but I'll never do it again.
Just because you got burnt doesnt mean the next guy will. And if he is really a true stock person like u say, then im sure the majority of his purchases came out winners, than losers.

I mean I assume everybody knows that you take chances on a stock, even if you research and know its going somewhere. Nothing is a sure deal, and anything can happen of course. But you do know people just dont go spend there money on any old stock either without at least asking a general question about the stock first right?

The only way to be sure you buy a good stock is if you have insider information,and of course thats illegal....

Last edited by jupiter600; May 12, 2010 at 05:05 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#15)
Pleased to meet me
 
nunyadambusiness's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,227
Join Date: April 4, 2003
Location: moon
May 12, 2010, 05:05 PM

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?t=my&s=HMC&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=hog&c=^DJI
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.