DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 494
4 members and 490 guests
2blueyam, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, GRN96WS6, shiphteey
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
B
It goes to 11.

August 30, 2005, 03:22 PM

http://www.obleek.com/iraq/index.html

Not intentioned to turn into a political post. Kinda funny (fuck this word) bad, sad, upset, hopeless for his family, meloncholy...to watch your friends dot...

For Bin "Ben" Lee, blown in half 5:35 pm died 8:48 pm Dec. 3rd 2004, Al Fallujah.
Twelve minutes before he was off duty.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#2)
I love cake

August 30, 2005, 03:28 PM

What's funny about that?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Drew  
Unread
  (#3)
Busa Squid

August 30, 2005, 03:35 PM

I dont see the humor either. its actually rather nauseating

-SeaTec
05' BUSA
07' ZX10R
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
B
It goes to 11.

August 30, 2005, 03:37 PM

Refer to number 3

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=funny

fun·ny ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fn)
adj. fun·ni·er, fun·ni·est

1 Causing laughter or amusement.
2 Intended or designed to amuse.
3 Strangely or suspiciously odd; curious.
4 Tricky or deceitful.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Unread
  (#5)
I love cake

August 30, 2005, 03:44 PM

I had a couple guys I know that are dots on that map and I don't find it suspiciously odd;curious or any thing that might resemble funny. Pretty bad taste in my opinion.
Unread
  (#6)
AMA Superbike Champ

August 30, 2005, 03:44 PM

I don't get the humor from watching your friends dot the map...
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
TIMMEH!

August 30, 2005, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrben
Refer to number 3

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=funny

fun·ny ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fn)
adj. fun·ni·er, fun·ni·est

1 Causing laughter or amusement.
2 Intended or designed to amuse.
3 Strangely or suspiciously odd; curious.
4 Tricky or deceitful.
So a better way of saying it would have been "It's strangely and/or suspiciously odd, even curious if you will, to watch your friend's dot."

To most people, funny =
Not

By the way, in my opinion, NONE of those apply to this situation. But thanks for clarifying.

Ninja636 says:
yes, dick is fun!
Ninja636 says:
OH WAIT....
Ninja636 says:
MAYBE I SHOULD REPHRASE THAT

LaoTzu: "I'll just let everyone know, Glade sprayed up the azz burns!"

(While Climbing, talking about his chalk bag)
Matt - "I like it around back where it hits me on the butt while I'm climbing. It's like 'Oooooh, what was that?'"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CFIGixx600  
Unread
  (#8)
I'm so tired

August 30, 2005, 03:52 PM

I was almost a dot a couple of times over there. Wasn't funny then...still not funny now. And for the troops that I still know over there...it wont be funny then either if they dont come back.

Myke
- 2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
- 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S
- 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
- 1999 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
- 2001 Suzuki DR650 (Sold)

R.I.P. my friends;
Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg
Greg "BamBam" Walker
Jeff Vega
Totnac
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
B
It goes to 11.

August 30, 2005, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
I had a couple guys I know that are dots on that map and I don't find it suspiciously odd;curious or any thing that might resemble funny. Pretty bad taste in my opinion.
*sigh*
a bad descriptive word, I'll grant that much

I'll speak slowly and in words with three syllables or less for you.

"Funny" was the descriptive word for the feeling I got when I saw the dot, funny in the sense of an uncomfortable and undefinable. Many times a word has more than one meaning, it's other meanings are often quite different. I'll excuse the implied insult because of your apparent ignorance, for which I am trying my best to assist you in a constructive manner. Click on the link and go to the bottom of the page to see examples of the way the word funny may be used, that would probably help.

Good luck buddy

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#10)
AMA Superbike Champ

August 30, 2005, 03:54 PM

-3 IQ points for stupid posts
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
B
It goes to 11.

August 30, 2005, 03:57 PM

Well...at least it didn't turn political.

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#12)
I love cake

August 30, 2005, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrben
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
*sigh*
a bad descriptive word, I'll grant that much

I'll speak slowly and in words with three syllables or less for you.

"Funny" was the descriptive word for the feeling I got when I saw the dot, funny in the sense of an uncomfortable and undefinable. Many times a word has more than one meaning, it's other meanings are often quite different. I'll excuse the implied insult because of your apparent ignorance, for which I am trying my best to assist you in a constructive manner. Click on the link and go to the bottom of the page to see examples of the way the word funny may be used, that would probably help.

Good luck buddy
Thanks for insulting me that's pretty cool. Yes I am a totally ignorant person I have no idea about words so thanks for spelling it out. You must be incredibly smart since quite a few people have pointed out the same thing that I did. No matter how you want to put it funny isn't the word. The only possible way that I can fathom that there would be a part of it that could be seen as funny is the forced laugh that you might have tried to give to cover the pain for seeing someone you love show up as a dot on a map. Other than that I view it as bad taste. I'm not insulting you. I'm just saying it's bad taste. I know a lot of guys that have been there and back and quite a few that went and didn't make it back. I watched the whole show with all the pictures on tv and at no point did I think that it could be classified as funny.
Unread
  (#13)
B
It goes to 11.

August 30, 2005, 04:04 PM

I give up, remain in happy ignorance.

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#14)
Retired to most ...

August 30, 2005, 04:06 PM

Did I seriously just see that shit. You posted a fuckin thread like this and found it FUNNY? What the hell is wrong with you. Being ex military myself and going through those fears first hand I never once found it funny and now that 3 of my best friends (guys I spent my whole life growing up with) are over there going through it each and every day this post post is not only funny it straight up PISSES ME OFF!!! I pray for their safe return every day and if (God forbid) they become a "dot" IT'S STILL NOT GONNA BE FUNNY. But hey I'll have this post sit and look at explode with dot's to cheer me up right.

You just lost some serious respect from me bud. I'm shuttin up now before I seriously go off.

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#15)
B
It goes to 11.

August 30, 2005, 04:11 PM

Oh my god...I am getting a headache...

funny

adj 1: arousing or provoking laughter; "an amusing film with a steady stream of pranks and pratfalls"; "an amusing fellow"; "a comic hat"; "a comical look of surprise"; "funny stories that made everybody laugh"; "a very funny writer"; "it would have been laughable if it hadn't hurt so much"; "a mirthful experience"; "risible courtroom antics" [syn: amusing, comic, comical, laughable, mirthful, risible] 2: beyond or deviating from the usual or expected ; "a curious hybrid accent"; "her speech has a funny twang"; "they have some funny ideas about war"; "had an odd name"; "the peculiar aromatic odor of cloves"; "something definitely queer about this town"; "what a rum fellow"; "singular behavior" [syn: curious, odd, peculiar, queer, rum, rummy, singular] 3: not as expected ; "there was something fishy about the accident"; "up to some funny business"; "some definitely queer goings-on"; "a shady deal"; "her motives were suspect"; "suspicious behavior" [syn: fishy, queer, shady, suspect, suspicious] 4: experiencing odd bodily sensations; "told the doctor about the funny sensations in her chest" adv 1: in a strange manner; "a queerly inscribed sheet of paper"; "he acted kind of funny" [syn: queerly, strangely, oddly, funnily] 2: in a comical manner; "she acted comically" [syn: comically]

SV650s for SALE!!!