DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 211
1 members and 210 guests
davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
A Special Place in Hell.
Unread
  (#1)
Fack yo pony...

A Special Place in Hell. - July 8, 2009, 06:19 AM

Nearly 500 dogs seized from Texas kennel
Wed Jul 8, 12:47 am ET

BOWIE, Texas Nearly 500 dogs, some with skin conditions and open sores, have been seized from a Texas kennel where the Humane Society says several dead animals also were found.

Authorities in Montague County about 90 miles northwest of Dallas took the dogs from Maggic Pets/Heddins Kennel after complaints the animals weren't receiving proper veterinary care.

Cloyce Heddins' wife owns the kennel. He tells the Fort Worth Star-Telegram the dogs are cared for and says authorities had bad information, possibly from disgruntled customers.

But Sandy Grambort with the Humane Society says authorities found several dead animals and seized others that were ill. She says dogs were found in crates double-stacked in outbuildings, as well as in outdoor pens and kennels.

Track: 2000 Suzuki SV650 Maintained by Chief Wildman

MARRC Safety Crew

Shenandoah Pictures

Before you attempt to set things right, make sure you see things right.
-- Blaine Lee
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Groundhogs can play dead

July 8, 2009, 07:08 AM

It's a puppy mill?!

http://www.dogflu.ca/07072009/23/clo...uge_puppy_mill
July 7 - Nearly 500 dogs were seized from a kennel near Bowie, Texas on Tuesday, July 7.
At 9:45 am Montague County Sheriff Paul Cunningham carried out the warrant and searched the Maggic Pets/Heddins Kennel.
While searching the 254-acre farm police found 497 dogs, however, police believe that there may be more dogs to be found. They also said that they found dogs with missing open sores, missing limbs and bones and they even found at least 4 dead dogs.
Cunningham said, “There is grass back there up to my shoulders. We have no idea how many dogs could be back there.” He later said that this is possibly the largest puppy mill ever in the state of Texas.
So far, no charges have been made, police are saying that their main concern at this time is to make sure that the dogs are taken care of.

Tanya
Unread
  (#3)
God Made Me Wrong

July 8, 2009, 07:15 AM

"Always question those who are certain of what they are saying." - Elie Wiesel

When the time comes to leave, just walk away quietly and don't make any fuss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfinch
Why does SnoopDogg carry an umbrella?...Fo' drizzle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper
Stop putting shit in my papusa!
When people I don't even know don't like me, I figure I'm doing something right.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Bexxx Send a message via AIM to Bexxx  
Unread
  (#4)
The last urrbendah

July 8, 2009, 07:17 AM

Sometimes I think Bob Barker's advice was more applicable to humans rather than pets.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Street Bonk Bum.....

July 8, 2009, 07:18 AM

stuff like that makes me

CCS AM # 204
Unread
  (#6)
Groundhogs can play dead

July 8, 2009, 07:34 AM

BOWIE, Texas — Nearly 500 dogs were seized Tuesday from a kennel where a Humane Society supervisor said several dead animals were found after complaints the dogs hadn't received proper veterinary care.
The Montague County Sheriff's Department served search warrants at Maggic Pets/Heddins Kennel, which offers on its Web site breeds including pugs, schnauzers, toy beagles, akitas and shitzus.
Cloyce Heddins, the husband of the kennel's owner, told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that the dogs received proper care and authorities had bad information. He said his wife, Carol, has heart problems and was taken to a hospital by ambulance when officers arrived.
"We've been in this business a long time," Heddins told the newspaper. "If you raise dogs, you've got to get them veterinary care, especially if you're trying to make a living of it."
Heddins did not immediately return a Tuesday night call from The Associated Press.
Sandy Grambort, a supervisor with the Humane Society of North Texas, said authorities found dogs in crates double-stacked in outbuildings, as well as in outdoor pens and kennels. Some had skin conditions and open sores, she said.
While not all the dogs appeared to have health problems, she said those in the poorest condition were discovered at the back of the property, where customers are not allowed.
"We are very secure in our case," Grambort said.
Heddins said officers took eight to 10 filing cabinets from the home. He suggested complaints could have come from a few dissatisfied customers.
"Every time someone gets mad they can just call and say someone is not taking care of his dogs, and that makes them subject to an investigation," he said.
The dogs were taken to a Fort Worth warehouse donated to temporarily house them. A Montague County justice of the peace will decide whether to return the animals to the kennel or leave them in the custody of the humane society.

Tanya
Unread
  (#7)
Groundhogs can play dead

July 8, 2009, 07:34 AM

Ooh, here's their website!

http://www.maggicpets.com/

Tanya
Unread
  (#8)
Chillin...

July 8, 2009, 07:39 AM

Why do people have to be such assholes??!! I'd take a mutt over a human any day of the week.

ELITE RACING PIT BITCH
MARRC Cornerworker of the Year 2009
www.marrc.org

Godspeed Bambi...September 11th 2009
Unread
  (#9)
Groundhogs can play dead

July 8, 2009, 07:40 AM

Seriously, how can you go to that website and NOT know that's a puppy mill?!

Tanya
Unread
  (#10)
Fack yo pony...

July 8, 2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfinch View Post
Seriously, how can you go to that website and NOT know that's a puppy mill?!
Good point. I've always been a fan of rescue or humane society adoptions, so I know next to squat about breeders, but it seems to me that the reputable breeders focus on ONE breed?

MARRC Safety Crew

Shenandoah Pictures

-- Blaine Lee
Unread
  (#11)
T.R.I.T.D.H

July 8, 2009, 09:06 AM

sorry I have to say this but wonder what would be the reaction from some if you replaced 500 people with 500 dogs?

I like dogs...I enjoy them very much. But I guess my question is at what point do/should our civil and criminal laws transcend to animals? I understand that animal cruelty laws are set (read: should only be set) to prevent us as people from public displacy of mutilation or some rock band throwing animal guts around on stage, etc.... and no one wants people practicing how to dismember a body on a dog only to grow that passion into humans. And to protect our general population from diease...but IF I SPEND MONEY to BUY a pet then I feel I should have a right to treat how I want as long as I am comfortable with it....and not anyone else. Obviously there should be laws about the standard care for animals being sold for PROFIT. I agree in that area.

Sure you buy a car. If you want to drive it legally in VA, you have to be told to have an inspection and insurance, etc. BUT ONLY TO DRIVE IT ON PUBLIC ROADS. If I have a dog on private property then what gives...? i bought it with my money. When's the last time you bought a human? (well maybe I shouldn't ask that question..lol)

But all in all an animal is an animal. It's funny to me how people buy a dog and are all for equal laws or whatever for their dog/cat/bird whatever but then in the same breath they call it their pet? WTF....talk about irony.

PET
An animal kept as a companion; One who is excessively loyal to their superior; To stroke or fondle (an animal); To stroke or fondle (another ...
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pet

I don't know I guess it's our human nature to regulate everything we lay our hands on. I mean we have laws from when alcohol can and can't be sold to not being able to ask your realtor who lives in this neighborhood versus that one. Makes sense that the national legislative anthem is Regulators....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x5Olen_1co

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#12)
Fack yo pony...

July 8, 2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
sorry I have to say this but wonder what would be the reaction from some if you replaced 500 people with 500 dogs?

my question is at what point do/should our civil and criminal laws transcend to animals?
Hm. If it were 500 children, Hell wouldn't be a good enough punishment.
If, on the other hand, it were 500 pedophiles, I'd say that's a good facking start.

Sadly, our civil and criminals laws don't transcend SHIT, in my opinion.

We are far too lenient on too many, and impose severe--and unnecessary--penalties on others (thinking consensual "crimes" here).

MARRC Safety Crew

Shenandoah Pictures

-- Blaine Lee
Unread
  (#13)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

July 8, 2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post

I like dogs...I enjoy them very much. But I guess my question is at what point do/should our civil and criminal laws transcend to animals? I understand that animal cruelty laws are set (read: should only be set) to prevent us as people from public displacy of mutilation or some rock band throwing animal guts around on stage, etc.... and no one wants people practicing how to dismember a body on a dog only to grow that passion into humans. And to protect our general population from diease...but IF I SPEND MONEY to BUY a pet then I feel I should have a right to treat how I want as long as I am comfortable with it....and not anyone else. Obviously there should be laws about the standard care for animals being sold for PROFIT. I agree in that area.

Sure you buy a car. If you want to drive it legally in VA, you have to be told to have an inspection and insurance, etc. BUT ONLY TO DRIVE IT ON PUBLIC ROADS. If I have a dog on private property then what gives...? i bought it with my money. When's the last time you bought a human? (well maybe I shouldn't ask that question..lol)

But all in all an animal is an animal. It's funny to me how people buy a dog and are all for equal laws or whatever for their dog/cat/bird whatever but then in the same breath they call it their pet? WTF....talk about irony.

PET
An animal kept as a companion; One who is excessively loyal to their superior; To stroke or fondle (an animal); To stroke or fondle (another ...
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pet

I don't know I guess it's our human nature to regulate everything we lay our hands on. I mean we have laws from when alcohol can and can't be sold to not being able to ask your realtor who lives in this neighborhood versus that one. Makes sense that the national legislative anthem is Regulators....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x5Olen_1co
I am with you on this! Funny how people wanted to have Michael Vick put to death yet when a husband kills his wife on a honeymoon he gets only one year in jail and most of that is just probation. When it comes down to it pets are just animals plain and simple.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

July 8, 2009, 11:30 AM

People get sentimental about some animals, and couldn't care less about others. Do any of you know what conditions your veal or turkey lives through before it gets to your plate?
Unread
  (#15)
Go Team Venture!!!

July 8, 2009, 12:32 PM

Animals (regardless of type) are thinking emotional communicative beings and should be treated as such. Yet because of human arrogance they are looked on as property as much as slaves going back 1000s of years. This needs to change before we stop seeing things like this and the Michael Vick situation. I whole heartedly support animal rights. I am not a tree hugging nut bag, I am a hunter, but I do believe animals such as dogs and cats should be protected from situations like this and should have similar rights to life as we all enjoy. Pets are not property and should be treated better than they often are. My dog is highly intelligent and even has a job that earns income (he is a Wilderness SAR Dog). In my book that makes him a productive member of our society and earns him the same rights and privileges as the rest of us.

"Whore Force One" pilot
The Whitest of White Boys
Not 40 yet!
The Force is strong in this one
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Jedi Send a message via AIM to Jedi Send a message via MSN to Jedi